WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was The Match of the Year in 2017?
Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - Takeover: Chicago 13 30.95%
Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada - Wrestle Kingdom XI 10 23.81%
AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar - Survivor Series 1 2.38%
Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream - Takeover: WarGames 1 2.38%
AJ Styles vs. John Cena - Royal Rumble 12 28.57%
WarGames - Takeover: WarGames 0 0%
Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2 4.76%
New Day vs. Usos - Summerslam 1 2.38%
New Day vs. Usos - Hell in a Cell 1 2.38%
Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega - G1 Climax Finals 1 2.38%
Finn Balor vs. AJ Styles - TLC 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Styles vs. Cena was the same rote finisher fest that Cena's been having for three years now and I'll never understand why people gush about them so much. They're fine but tiers beneath his older work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
I cant be shaken from Dunne Vs Bate, but War Games made me hesitate. What an absolutely brutal shit show barnburner of a match.
I called that match a clusterfuck at the time, because it was, but I only ever meant it in the most affectionate way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenal Matrix View Post
How did Revivial vs DIY vs AOP not even make the list? There goes my vote for MOTY.
I'd have nominated it but I feel the ending was a bit of an anticlimax, it was beneath The Revival's own impossibly high standards, and the other two teams have had better matches this year.

I'm split between Black/Dream and Bate/Dunne. They're both types of matches I'd like to see more of, but I think that's only a reasonable expectation of the former. Then again, since when is solid writing and character work a reasonable expectation of WWE? And I'm nothing if not a patriot, and there's two things I hate in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures - and the Dutch.

BSS 4 Lyfe

Edit: Oh, and a brief shoutout to the best Brock Lesnar match since The Best vs. The Beast, and perhaps a small glimpse at what a Daniel Bryan match would have been like, to the Survivor Series match with AJ Styles. For what was basically an exhibition match, it was excellent.

Edit: And another shootout to my hidden gems: Oney Lorcan vs. Lars Sullivan on NXT, the fatal four-way for the number one contendership between Lars, Black, Dain and Wrestling, and the tag title match between Sanity and the Authors of Pain, which apparently only I have the analytical capacity to adore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.

Last edited by Uncle Sam : 01-05-2018 at 06:56 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:00 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post

I called that match a clusterfuck at the time, because it was, but I only ever meant it in the most affectionate way possible.
As someone who has been involved in two threesomes and a legit orgy (is eight people an orgy? Does everyone have to be in the same room? ) I can attest that just because something is a clusterfuck doesn't mean it isn't spectacular entertainment.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

I believe it only qualifies as an orgy if it begins as a theeesome between team captains and two additional members of each team are added at regular intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.

Last edited by Uncle Sam : 01-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote