WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Was the Worst Wrestler of the Year in 2017?
Jinder Mahal 9 16.67%
Ember Moon 1 1.85%
Shane McMahon 3 5.56%
Lana 8 14.81%
Tamina 10 18.52%
Dana Brooke 1 1.85%
Young Bucks 3 5.56%
Alicia Fox 1 1.85%
Enzo Amore 2 3.70%
Dolph Ziggler 6 11.11%
Randy Orton 2 3.70%
Bray Wyatt 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

I'm seeing a lot of arguments for Tamina and Bray Wyatt. Some good; some bad. All of you are still forgetting the terribleness that has been Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler quit, took his ball, and when home this year, and nobody cared. Literally nobody cared. The guy managed to make Nakamura look bad, and all he had to do was bump and sell. He couldn't even do that convincingly. Tamina is barely on TV, and Bray, god bless him, is still being used in a top mid card position.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I voted for Bray Wyatt. It's not underdeliver, it's sucking. The guy can be really good, but everything he did in 2017 was really bad. Orton, Balor, Hardy, the fucking disease, cheating on his wife. I know the last two don't count, but god was he awful inside that squared circle.

It's not the same voting for Tamina, whose opportunities are multi-female tag matches and Bray Wyatt, who has main event caliber matches and a WWE Championship run. His reign was way, but way worse than Jinder Mahal's. If you compare both of them, Jinder Mahal looks like a fucking star. I get trying to be original, but I also get being plain bad at that.

Bray Wyatt was the worst wrestler in 2017. He had big chances and all of them were awful. Can't name one entertaining match with him. I'm not saying good, just amusing and forgettable.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:01 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jinder Mahal. Easily. Second close would be Enzo Amore.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:38 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...SD619 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't think that Lana or Tamina were the worst considering that they probably had a few hours of screen time combined for the year.

It boils down to Shane and Ziggler for me. Both were given a lot of time and were disappointing. Considering that Shane at least had decent promos, I go with Ziggler.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
If anything, Jinder Mahal should be a contender for Most Improved. He's done more as a character and as a competitor than he has ever done. His in-ring work really wasn't that awful. But since a company decided to put the major belt on him in hopes they could tap into the India fanbase, somehow that makes him worthy of being the worst wrestler of 2017. Go figure.
So I wanted to touch on this part, because I don't agree with it.

I know you have some interest in the NFL thanks to Facebook, so I want to use that. This won't be a perfect comparison, and probably won't make much sense to those outside of the US, but I'm rolling with it.

Imagine some crazy scenario where the Patriots end up with not only Tom Brady, but Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Carson Wentz. They don't have all the good QBs, but they have some very good QBs at various stages of their careers who all have unique talents and while some have taken teams to the Super Bowl, the others have displayed the skills most people agree are needed to take a team to the Super Bowl. For some reason, Bill Belichick in all of his crazy football genius, decides instead of starting any of those other guys, he wants to sign a former third string quarterback that people barely remember was ever on the team. This guy, lets call him Steve, never got to play, but old Bill wants to try something radical. So Steve trots out onto the field for the first game of the season, and people are confused as to why instead of any of the established Super Bowl QBs or any of the rising star QBs, they are putting Steve in.

So Steve goes out and he flat out sucks. I'm talking he is throwing interceptions left and right, taking stupid sacks, fumbling the snap. Basically he looks like he would be the next guy the Browns are confident is going to take them to the top. He keeps this up for the first twelve or so games of the season, despite all the other QBs looking like stars during practice. Attendance at the stadium is way down because no one wants to see Steve play. People are begging for Belichick to bench him, but Bill is a genius you see, he knows what is best, so he keeps Steve on the field. In game thirteen, Steve does something no one expected, he actually plays an entire series without making a stupid play. They still end up punting, but maybe just maybe there is hope for Steve. The final game of the season rolls around, there are maybe ten people in the stands, and Steve does the impossible. Steve throws a touchdown! The team was losing big and the touchdown won't impact anything, but Steve did it. He showed improvement!

That is basically what Jinder did.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:32 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I picked Bray Wyatt. Tamina and Lana were easy choices but they've done nothing of substance and don't get on screen enough to warrant even being on the list really.

Wyatt on the other hand has been featured prominently and it's always a fail. Take his match with Orton at Mania, horrible, the videos of bugs (which I hate) where the highlight of the match. The House of Horrors match was one of the worse I've ever seen given the build to it.

It seems he takes one step forward, two steps back with every feud he's in. The guy is good on the mic, but in the ring he's boring. That spider walk lost it's lustre a long time ago. Even in his new feud with Matt Hardy I'm finding Hardy more interesting. I won't even touch on the Sister Abigail transformation thing they tried.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
So I wanted to touch on this part, because I don't agree with it.

I know you have some interest in the NFL thanks to Facebook, so I want to use that. This won't be a perfect comparison, and probably won't make much sense to those outside of the US, but I'm rolling with it.

Imagine some crazy scenario where the Patriots end up with not only Tom Brady, but Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, and Carson Wentz. They don't have all the good QBs, but they have some very good QBs at various stages of their careers who all have unique talents and while some have taken teams to the Super Bowl, the others have displayed the skills most people agree are needed to take a team to the Super Bowl. For some reason, Bill Belichick in all of his crazy football genius, decides instead of starting any of those other guys, he wants to sign a former third string quarterback that people barely remember was ever on the team. This guy, lets call him Steve, never got to play, but old Bill wants to try something radical. So Steve trots out onto the field for the first game of the season, and people are confused as to why instead of any of the established Super Bowl QBs or any of the rising star QBs, they are putting Steve in.

So Steve goes out and he flat out sucks. I'm talking he is throwing interceptions left and right, taking stupid sacks, fumbling the snap. Basically he looks like he would be the next guy the Browns are confident is going to take them to the top. He keeps this up for the first twelve or so games of the season, despite all the other QBs looking like stars during practice. Attendance at the stadium is way down because no one wants to see Steve play. People are begging for Belichick to bench him, but Bill is a genius you see, he knows what is best, so he keeps Steve on the field. In game thirteen, Steve does something no one expected, he actually plays an entire series without making a stupid play. They still end up punting, but maybe just maybe there is hope for Steve. The final game of the season rolls around, there are maybe ten people in the stands, and Steve does the impossible. Steve throws a touchdown! The team was losing big and the touchdown won't impact anything, but Steve did it. He showed improvement!

That is basically what Jinder did.
...fair point.

Guess I'm just so let down with Bray it clouded my judgment. It was like watching my boy Justin Tucker, best kicker in the game, run and slap the ball with his hand. Just pure disappointment, whereas with Jinder I figured he was just another foreign heel transitional champ.

Fuck you for hitting me where it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 01-05-2018, 03:28 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ziggler on the list? But I was assured by some of you guys here how everyone from NXT are feuding with Ziggler and elevates themselves on another level after feuding with such a star who can elevate other wrestlers with just sheer presence.

Voted for Wyatt. Still waste of space and nothing he has done aside of that forgettable title win where he was transitional Champion(to Orton of all people) until Mania was even remotely good. Worst feud of the year with Orton thanks to dreadful "House of Horrors" match where even WWE didnt know what that is until a week or so before and "Sister Abigail" transvestite are really lowest moments of the year.

Would have voted for Lana but she was miscast as a wrestler and even WWE has figured it out soon enough and cant hate Lana. Enzo is equally horrible but he is kinda helping 205 live not to be completely forgettable and has some charisma despite being horrible in ring so cant vote for him. Jinder stuff I didnt mind. Sure he was also miscast as Champion but wasnt that horrible at least for me. More minded Naomi and her run.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:54 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...

Randy was in the THREE worst matches of the ENTIRE year. I love Randy as much as the next guy but 2017 definitely wasn't his year.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Dana Brooke. I almost gave my vote to Lana, but her gimmick is at least self-aware of her in-ring talent. Dana, however, has the timing of a broken wristwatch in about everything she does. I'll admit that I see signs of growth, but we're many moons away from me being eager to see her.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel