WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Was the Worst Wrestler of the Year in 2017?
Jinder Mahal 9 16.67%
Ember Moon 1 1.85%
Shane McMahon 3 5.56%
Lana 8 14.81%
Tamina 10 18.52%
Dana Brooke 1 1.85%
Young Bucks 3 5.56%
Alicia Fox 1 1.85%
Enzo Amore 2 3.70%
Dolph Ziggler 6 11.11%
Randy Orton 2 3.70%
Bray Wyatt 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I'm upset Cody Rhodes didn't make the list. There is no one in mainstream pro wrestling today worse than Cody Rhodes.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

I hear his match with Okada was quite good but then again, today is 2018, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Top Guys Out
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...

-1 for no Rhett Titus
Old 01-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Lana was somehow worse than a 90s Diva.

Join WZCW now.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Can anybody give me an example of Tamina having a bad match this year? Like sure she's forgettable, but for the life of me I can't think of any instance where she did anything so bad it was memorable. Maybe it's just automatic for us to think she deserves to be nominated because she's just there. Not good enough reason for me to want to vote for her.

If anything, Jinder Mahal should be a contender for Most Improved. He's done more as a character and as a competitor than he has ever done. His in-ring work really wasn't that awful. But since a company decided to put the major belt on him in hopes they could tap into the India fanbase, somehow that makes him worthy of being the worst wrestler of 2017. Go figure.

On the opposite spectrum, there is Bray Wyatt. A guy who had such potential, an obvious choice in being the big act of any wrestling show...just...horrendous. Worse than Lana by a country mile, who at least was never treated like a big deal. Lana had, what, four matches this year? Hardly a spotlight. Watching Bray struggle and just waste away was like catching your Honor Roll student smoking crack in a whore house. You wanted better for him, you really did. But facts are what they are. Bray Wyatt had the worst year of any wrestler I've seen in a long time.

The Sister Abigail thing, that thing that was prominent ever since he debuted, just vanished via Snapchat filter. Every match he was in was treated like a big character driven ordeal but they just bombed. Everything led to nowhere. Babbling promo work. No followers to fall back on. Just...terrible. It's almost a safe bet to assume Matt Hardy will beat him. Woken Matt. A comedy act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Last edited by Spidey : 01-04-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:48 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Can anybody give me an example of Tamina having a bad match this year? Like sure she's forgettable, but for the life of me I can't think of any instance where she did anything so bad it was memorable. Maybe it's just automatic for us to think she deserves to be nominated because she's just there. Not good enough reason for me to want to vote for her.

If anything, Jinder Mahal should be a contender for Most Improved. He's done more as a character and as a competitor than he has ever done. His in-ring work really wasn't that awful. But since a company decided to put the major belt on him in hopes they could tap into the India fanbase, somehow that makes him worthy of being the worst wrestler of 2017. Go figure.

On the opposite spectrum, there is Bray Wyatt. A guy who had such potential, an obvious choice in being the big act of any wrestling show...just...horrendous. Worse than Lana by a country mile, who at least was never treated like a big deal. Lana had, what, four matches this year? Hardly a spotlight. Watching Bray struggle and just waste away was like catching your Honor Roll student smoking crack in a whore house. You wanted better for him, you really did. But facts are what they are. Bray Wyatt had the worst year of any wrestler I've seen in a long time.

The Sister Abigail thing, that thing that was prominent ever since he debuted, just vanished via Snapchat filter. Every match he was in was treated like a big character driven ordeal but they just bombed. Everything led to nowhere. Babbling promo work. No followers to fall back on. Just...terrible. It's almost a safe bet to assume Matt Hardy will beat him. Woken Matt. A comedy act.
Agree with the Lana and Tamina thing. I have words about the Jinder thing though. I'll go into detail when I'm not shoving cheeseburgers into my mouth.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM
doesn't know REAL wrestling...
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

I would ask if the kind of instantly forgettable type of match that Tamina has not the absolute worst thing you can do in professional wrestling?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Quick search shows she was in nothing but multi-man matches in 2017. Unless it's the Rumble or that WarGames match, I don't see how anybody is supposed to be remembered in that settup.

Wouldn't call her bad for that, let alone worst. If we can't say she was awful, why nominate her in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 01-04-2018, 05:59 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Can anybody give me an example of Tamina having a bad match this year?
No, I can't remember her doing anything. She that bad.

Quote:
Like sure she's forgettable,
Exactly.

Quote:
but for the life of me I can't think of any instance where she did anything so bad it was memorable.
I can't remember her doing anything good or bad, which is a combination of her doing nothing and me not caring. To me, that makes her far worse of a wrestler than anyone else.

Quote:
Maybe it's just automatic for us to think she deserves to be nominated because she's just there. Not good enough reason for me to want to vote for her.
Shame! Shame! Shame!

Quote:
I agree. Jinder took his opportunity and made a Hyundai. No way is he one of the worst wrestlers of the year.

Quote:
On the opposite spectrum, there is Bray Wyatt. A guy who had such potential, an obvious choice in being the big act of any wrestling show...just...horrendous.
I don't know, he had a bad year but for some reason I am still curious about him. Not enough to listen to him but enough to wait for someone to tell me that something is happening with him.

Quote:
Worse than Lana by a country mile, who at least was never treated like a big deal. Lana had, what, four matches this year? Hardly a spotlight.
Lana is terrific. She hasn't been given much to play on her strengths but I still want to see what she is going to do next.

Quote:
Watching Bray struggle and just waste away was like catching your Honor Roll student smoking crack in a whore house. You wanted better for him, you really did. But facts are what they are. Bray Wyatt had the worst year of any wrestler I've seen in a long time.
He is a good candidate for Wrestler That Underdelivered in 2018, but not Worst Wrestler.

Quote:
Hard to foresee Hardy losing the feud. Not many new characters lose their initial feud.

I struggle to blame Husky for his failings unless he is producing all his work.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Wow Young Bucks are there. I don’t watch their matches but all I hear is people jizzing over them so I’m surprised to say the least. If I was being a dick I would go Randy Orton. Year in year out he just goes on these long, getting through the day periods where he can be boring and uninteresting. It seems like every year that stretch seems to get longer and longer. I can’t think of many good things Randy has done this year. He hasn’t done many bad things to be fair but for one of the GOATS I expect better.

If Randy wasn’t proven I would be picking him, that really only leaves 3 options for me. Shane McMahon, Lana and Alicia Fox. Apart from Shane’s pathetic looking punches he is actually what you’d expect from someone who has been in the business his whole life. I don’t want to see him in the ring but like the match against aJ at WM, it’s sorta passable. Lana had some of the worst matches of 2017 but to be fair it was her first real go. Plus I watched Road Ahead (holy fuck I can’t remember the name of the show, just the show where they follow them in the car to the next city, ride along maybe) and her passion seems legit so I could see her improving a lot in the future. Therefore my vote goes to a Alicia Fox, she’s been around longer than Lana to be better than she is and she still isn’t. Fox definitely made it harder to enjoy Survivor Series as well so I’m going with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH