WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was The Worst Match of the Year in 2017?
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton - Backlash (House of Horrors) 11 20.37%
Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens - Fastlane 6 11.11%
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton - Wrestlemania XXXIII 11 20.37%
Raw vs. Smackdown Men - Survivor Series 13 24.07%
Jinder Mahal vs. Randy Orton - Battleground (Punjabi Prison) 13 24.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Worst Match of the Year

Oh this could get good. Er, bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:04 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I nominated Owens vs Goldberg, but the Punjabi Prison match was much longer and more difficult to sit through.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Punjab prison was terrible. Almost as bad as Y2J vs Ambrose in that gimmick cage match awhile back.

Join WZCW now.

Old 01-02-2018, 03:26 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

People hated House of Horrors that much ?! It didn't live up to everything it could have been, true, but damn people.

I actually didn't mind most of the matches list, so ill go with the survivor series match for the mind-shattering stupidity with which it was booked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:33 PM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Survivor Series tag had apalling booking, but the first few minutes before anyone got eliminated were pretty fun.

Meanwhile, the Punjabi Prison match was shit all around other than the Singh brother going through the table. Granted Singh brother destruction is almost always a guarantee in a Mahal match.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:42 PM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

Punjabi Prison reminded us how dreadful it, The Great Khali and naked, misguided capitalism all are. It was the crux of the malaise surrounding Mahal too. This was dreadful while everything else afterwards was simply an extended disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

I liked the Punjabi Prison match. There, I said it. I thought the Survivor Series ME and Reigns vs Cena were a lot worse. The former did nothing for SD's credibility and basically buried the brand, and the latter was just a glorified spot fest. Reigns/Cena isn't on the poll, so SS main event it is.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Bayley vs. Bliss Kendo Stick On A Pole was nommed a few times, and for good reason.

Many fans loved Bayley because she was constantly evolving as a character while staying true to that Good Girl persona. The one time she could break away from it and rightfully so...she doesn't. Since then her progression has come to a screeching halt. She's no longer that beloved hugger, or at least not the "John Cena of Women's Wrestling" several thought she'd be. If there was a match that defined her rise and fall, this was the one.

The others were bad matches, and some even had ramifications for those wrestlers' future, but none can come close to damaging a rising star than the one with Bayley and Bliss. She's not even a threat in the upcoming Women's Rumble. Dana Brooke is doing more than Bayley right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think people have forgotten exactly how bad the Wyatt/Orton WWE title match at Wrestlemania was. Jinder/Orton was horrible but it, at the very least, had some fun spots such as the near-death of experience of Singh bro #1 and the so-stupid-it-was-funny return of Khali. Orton and Wyatt's match was so bad that it single-handedly made people forget about their pretty great 6+ month feud. Honestly, one of the worst WWE title matches in Wrestlemania history.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yep I’m with ODYK. I can forgive the House of Horrors match because you know that was going to be a crap match coming in. I also agree with Bernkastel in that I think the Punjabi Prison match was actually decent. The great Khali coming out was a good way to end the match I think. Kevin Owens vs Goldberg was 2 moves so I’m not counting that.

That leaves the Survivor Series match and Wyatt vs Orton at Mania. I’ve already said I agree with ODYK so that means I’m voting Wyatt vs Orton at Mania. The Survivor Series match was like from the late 2000’s but I think the booking of the match was the problem, not the actual match itself. Where as Wyatt vs Orton was shit all over. From bad effects to not having much time to quite clearly just not a good mesh of guys, Wyatt’s first title defense could be his last and the match could’ve definitely hurt his chances of ever being in the title picture again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH