WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > WZ End of Year Awards > Wrestling Awards > 2017 Wrestling Awards
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: What Was the Finisher of the Year for 2017?
Eclipse - Ember Moon 3 6.98%
Black Mass - Aleister Black 13 30.23%
Red Arrow - Neville 1 2.33%
Insane Elbow - Kairi Sane 4 9.30%
Bitter End - Pete Dunne 2 4.65%
Tyler Driver 97 - Tyler Bate 2 4.65%
Running Powerslam - Braun Strowman 2 4.65%
One Winged Angel - Kenny Omega 3 6.98%
F5 - Brock Lesnar 10 23.26%
Styles Clash - AJ Styles 1 2.33%
Destino - Tetsuya Naito 1 2.33%
054 - Mustafa Ali 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default Finisher of the Year

Wrap it up nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

The F5. At the moment, it feels like the only maneuver in the company that feels like a finisher. A maneuver so devastating that it doesn't matter if Brock hits it 5 minutes into the match, or 15. The match is over. Just Brock trying to hit the move delivers the same emotional reaction as many performers hitting their best shot 2-3 times. I think the only other maneuver that comes close is the RKO.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:00 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

F-5 because it's pretty much the only finishing move, besides Roman's Spear and the RKO, that has been protected to the point where you know the match is over once it's hit. Since the Spear and RKO didn't make it on the nom list, I gotta go with the F-5. Not the coolest finisher, but it's definitely the most devastating from a kayfabe perspective.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Not sure just where my vote is going just yet, but it's goddamn impressive for an elbow drop to get such a reaction from the crowd in 2017, and by a relative newcomer no less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Old 01-03-2018, 03:27 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

The F5 is a finisher that is a combination of a couple requirements to make a finisher great for me. It looks real, and it can be performed (by Brock) on any opponent.

I can't imagine AJ hitting the Styles Clash or Pete Dunne hitting the Bitter End on The Big Show.

Also; I like finishers that don't have an elaborate setup. While it's believable to see someone escape the F5, it's a move that can be setup and executed in two seconds. In that short amount of time it spells absolute doom for Brock's opponent.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

Insane Elbow is so beautifully executed that I have to pick it. One of the best looking new finishers of the year.

TALK TO JIM
Old 01-03-2018, 09:24 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
The F5. At the moment, it feels like the only maneuver in the company that feels like a finisher. A maneuver so devastating that it doesn't matter if Brock hits it 5 minutes into the match, or 15. The match is over. Just Brock trying to hit the move delivers the same emotional reaction as many performers hitting their best shot 2-3 times. I think the only other maneuver that comes close is the RKO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
F-5 because it's pretty much the only finishing move, besides Roman's Spear and the RKO, that has been protected to the point where you know the match is over once it's hit. Since the Spear and RKO didn't make it on the nom list, I gotta go with the F-5. Not the coolest finisher, but it's definitely the most devastating from a kayfabe perspective.
This video is a year and a half old.

There is only one move on this list that is so sudden, can be hit at any point in a match, and has finished the victim without fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Evelyn Maysby View Post
Stormy, you're awesome.

Last edited by Stormtrooper : 01-03-2018 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Reaper of Miracles
WCW Champion

Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...Bernkastel is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper View Post
This video is a year and a half old.

There is only one move on this list that is so sudden, can be hit at any point in a match, and has finished the victim without fail.

LOL please. Roman Reigns would kick out of like 5 of those. Probably in succession. The F5 has been the only move this past year that has been shown to keep both him, and everyone else, down since Wrestlemania after just one application.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Rear Naked Bloke
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

I'm very much with Stormtrooper on this one. The F5 has indeed finished a few people this year, but because of its years of overuse, it just feels like a total anticlimax. When people were taking three of a move and kicking out mere months ago, people suddenly acting like they've been shot in the head after one just looks bizarre. You can't just stuff that genie back in the bottle. Strowman and Joe just looked second tier after Triple H, Cena, Undertaker, Reigns and Goldberg kicked out of what felt like half a dozen each.

The Black Mass has three things I require of a good finisher: 1) a variant with a taunt set-up, 2) a surprise variant, 3) it looks like it would kill a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...Stormtrooper is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
LOL please. Roman Reigns would kick out of like 5 of those. Probably in succession. The F5 has been the only move this past year that has been shown to keep both him, and everyone else, down since Wrestlemania after just one application.
The F5 has ended 4 Televised matches since WrestleMania. Including the sporadic Live Event match, that number jumps all the way up to 12. Don't go saying it's a world beater when it won 4 matches (or 12). Aleister Black has wrestled 94 matches (3/4ths of which were Live Events), and has won 87 of them. Televised matches the number is around 15. ALL of them he's won with the Black Mass.

12 vs. 87. 4 vs. 15. Tell me again how the F5 is deadlier? Sheer quantity, coupled with the complete lack of anyone ever surviving the move, is proof enough that Black Mass >> F5.

And to those voting for the Insane Elbow. I love the move, but it suffers from the same issue as the F5, in that Kairi Sane has won only 8 televised matches with it, and that's the only time she's done it. It hasn't been built up as much as the Black Mass has this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore Evelyn Maysby View Post
Stormy, you're awesome.