WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-28-2017, 05:16 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default The US tournament Bracket revealed

So the bracket for the tournament have just been announce and let me tell you that i'm a little underwhelm by the announcement

So the first round consist of

Bobby roode vs BAron corbin: We already know that Roode won that match he will be facing the winner of the Zack Ryder vs Mojo Rawley match.

on the other side of the bracket Jinder won against Tye dillinger and he will face the winner of the Xavier woods vs Aiden English match.

So that the tournament bracket that have just being announce. I fell they pretty much telegraph who's getting in the finals of the tournament with this lineup because the only 2 guys that actually make sense in this tournament are bobby roode and Jinder Mahal. Everybody else feels like fillers because they needed 8 guys and only had 3 credible name to put in the tournament.

In the end, i feel they either put the belt on Jinder which would be a really good move because it's a better position for him then being WWE champion or they will have roode win which will lead to another Ziggler match because Ziggler will show up at the end of the tournament claiming he never relinquish the championship and this was all management's fault because they we're trying to keep him down yet again. But if they go that route, why do a tournament in the first place, you could have just done Corbin vs Roode for the vacated title and have ziggler show up the following week and set up the match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:43 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

While it's not all that likely to happen, I think Xavier Woods is every bit as credible as anyone in the tournament. Woods has the in-ring ability and the personality, most definitely the personality, as he's been part of one of the best acts going in wrestling for the past couple of years in the New Day.

As I said though, it's pretty unlikely considering that all of Woods' biggest moments have been as part of a tag team, though I think it'd be cool for a New Day member to bring a singles title into the group; I wonder if WWE would have them go the route of doing the Freebird Rule even though it's a singles title.

As far as telegraphing the finalists, most tournaments really have only a small handful of guys who most fans see as having any real chance. For instance, of the 20 guys involved in New Japan's G1 Climax, which is pretty much viewed as THE top wrestling tournament of the year, there were really only about 4 guys who most would realistically "buy into" winning: Kazuchika Okada, Kenny Omega, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Tetsuya Naito. Not that there weren't great wrestlers in the tourney but if you looked at the list overall, these were really the only four guys that had the buzz going on. Most of the others were either guys who'd been entirely Junior Heavyweight stars, tag team guys, life long mid-carders, guys who're really just starting out in New Japan or on loan from ROH.

What I see happening is that Roode and Jinder wind up in the finals, Roode has things going his way and he's managed to take the Singh Brothers out of the equation. However, Dolph Ziggler pops up after being gone all that time and costs Roode the match with the result being Jinder's run as champion already getting off to a massively underwhelming start. If given the choice, I prefer Jinder at this level any ol' day of the week than being back in the main event picture but the fact remains that Jinder Mahal still sucks no matter where you put him. In or out of the main event, whether it's in the ring, on the mic or as a character, Jinder is, at his very best on his very best day, an average pro wrestler with a million dollar physique.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-28-2017, 07:36 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
Million Dollar Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Woods vs English and Ryder vs Rawley? Dang that's underwhelming to say the least.

Either way these matches mean nothing. We're still getting Jinder vs. Roode in the finals.

Jinder is still awful, but at least he's out of the world title scene for now.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Ugh, could WWE make the result of this tournament more obvious? Clearly we are going to get Woods and Roode in the finals. Roode is going to cheat to win in the process turning heel. Roode will go on to feud with New Day for the next three months with Corbin, dropping the Lone Wolf gimmick, at his side as his henchman. Roode will go over Woods and Kofi multiple times until Big E gets another singles title win at the Mania pre-show.

So predictable.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:38 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I have no idea why Sami Zayn hasn't been inserted into this tournament. It seems like the perfect way to put a title on him without giving him the top belt. He could use Owens to help him win and as a thank you, Zayn helps Owens win the WWE Championship belt.

With Styles, Nakamura, Orton, Owens on the SD roster, it doesn't look like Zayn will ever get a shot at the top prize. Putting the secondary title on him would be a good way to give him at least one title run in the WWE.

As it is the outcome here is very predictable but then these tournaments usually are.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:54 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It doesn't make sense for Ziggler to relinquish the title and come back so soon.

So I guess he returns in the final to interfere.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:12 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

What the other half of the bracket should've looked like....

Roode vs. Corbin

Zayn vs. Big E

Nakamura vs. Neville

Mahal vs. Dillinger

Great way to get Neville re-introduced in a match vs. Nakamura.

Could have Zayn vs. Nakamura in the Finals (that would be fun to watch)
Old 12-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I really am not interested in the storyline direction here. I have never cared for Ziggler, and Roode hasn't done anything for me, since coming to wwe.
My other gripe with this tournament are the crappy matchups. There isn't a single match of the tournament were you can say, "well, if they are given enough time, the match could be good/great."

What I would love to see is for Xavier Woods to win the tournament, and New Day eventually use the freebirds rules with the U.S championship.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Jinder Mahal as U.S champion. He just came off a reign as wwe champion and the promos have the potential to be great. Only downside would be the less than championship quality matches.

With that said^^^, I will be just fine with whomever wins the tournament...as long as it is not Mojo. If they do decided to go the obvious direction, hopefully they don't have Roode win the championship/tournament, only for Ziggler to return and beat him at their ppv match. PLEASE NO HOT POTATO WITH THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:03 AM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Eh pretty easy to determine who's going over who except maybe for the title match. Mojo over Ryder because a heel needs to go against a face in Roode (WWE logic) and Woods over English (even though English gaining popularity w/ the whole Rusev Day stuff). Then Jinder over Woods and Roode over Rawley to setup Roode vs Jinder. I think they'll go with Roode to push him with the title. If he wins then I hope we would get true open challenge opportunities with Roode defending. But you never know, WWE does like to push the evil foreigner with the title concept...
Old 12-30-2017, 04:23 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

While it kind of obvious that they're going with Jinder vs Roode in the finals, i feel it would have been a great way for them to actually elevate Mojo Rawley into a important mid card heel. I feel like they have something with Mojo as a heel and if i had to pick between Mojo and Corbin as a big no nonsense midcard heel, i would pick Mojo. To help him you would have to beat the 2 biggest names in the tournament in Roode and Jinder and go with Woods and Mojo in the finals which is a really weak final.