WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-27-2017, 06:45 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #hamler View Post
I've seen you write this out a couple times today in various threads and it pains me to see someone base their opinion off something that isn't factual. Where exactly are you getting this info from?

From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter in 2013...

That's almost 50 percent of WWE's total audience. 18-49 is nearly the majority.
Yeah but out of those 56% of those 35 and older that the observer is reporting, How many of them are parents that are bringing They're kids to the show. You have to take these into consideration because thoses fans aren't necessarily wrestling fans and are only their to make their kids happens. The observer's report is pretty much a basic report without taking any breaking down the stats. While you might take it as facts, I don't since they don't go into details about thoses stats and therefore they only printed them to make them look good,
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:49 PM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I fail to see how being perceived as the tertiary brand is hurting NXT. The system in place is excellent. The fans now get a chance to see the future stars of tomorrow as they develop in NXT. The Takeover events have created some of the best wrestling content I have ever seen. The yellow brand is what the WWE tried to turn their version of ECW into. A developmental brand that prepares the wrestlers for the two main shows while still providing exposure. I do understand how it can be frustrating if someone as a fan has high expectations for someone on the main roster if they liked their work in NXT. However, the system that is currently in place is so much better than how things used to be. It gives us a reason to care about these new people as they show up on Raw or Smackdown if we watched them on NXT. The NXT brand is very popular and is in no way hurting anyone. Quite the contrary, it has made the WWE that much more interesting as a whole. There is no reason to change the process at this time.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Yeah but out of those 56% of those 35 and older that the observer is reporting, How many of them are parents that are bringing They're kids to the show. You have to take these into consideration because thoses fans aren't necessarily wrestling fans and are only their to make their kids happens. The observer's report is pretty much a basic report without taking any breaking down the stats. While you might take it as facts, I don't since they don't go into details about thoses stats and therefore they only printed them to make them look good,
https://www.cagesideseats.com/2013/1...ct-more-of-the

According to that, only 6% were fan parents. You can't pick and choose what facts you want to believe. I still would like to hear where your claim that NXT and WWE have two totally opposite demographics watching them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:18 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm base my claim on stuff that I've read on wrestling website just like this one we're it's been reported in the past that wwe live crowd have more family then single adults going to their show and you can tell just by watching NXT that the crowd is comprise mostly of adults without families.

The other fact that I based my claim out of was the report in the observer as far as tickets sales during the survivor series weekend. Meltzer reported that out of the four shows that weekend, the show that sold the less amount of tickets was the NXT war games shows. In fact, even if you take into consideration the fact that they had less space because of the 2 rings configuration, they had problem selling tickets and had to move some fans to make the arena look like it was sold out. They had the same problem last year in Toronto. So that why I claim that The nxt crowd isn't the same as the wwe crowd. Because if you believe those report about ticket sales, fans a lot of casual fans or kids and families don't necessarily watch NXT. While NXT is very successful, it's still a niche product since the only way they are able to sell out during one of the big four weekend is if they get fans travelling to those event because local crowd that goes to all the main rosters wwe event during the weekend Won't necessarily go to a nxt show.

Again, I'm not claiming that I right about this or anything, I'm just writing my opinion based on what I've read just like you did. The fact that NXT is attracting a smaller crowd compared to wwe makes listening to the fans a lot harder since you have to please everybody. By the way, I got this last part from a interview that HHH gave last week and that was publish on the main site.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

Quote:
I'm base my claim on stuff that I've read on wrestling website just like this one we're it's been reported in the past that wwe live crowd have more family then single adults going to their show and you can tell just by watching NXT that the crowd is comprise mostly of adults without families.

The other fact that I based my claim out of was the report in the observer as far as tickets sales during the survivor series weekend. Meltzer reported that out of the four shows that weekend, the show that sold the less amount of tickets was the NXT war games shows. In fact, even if you take into consideration the fact that they had less space because of the 2 rings configuration, they had problem selling tickets and had to move some fans to make the arena look like it was sold out. They had the same problem last year in Toronto. So that why I claim that The nxt crowd isn't the same as the wwe crowd. Because if you believe those report about ticket sales, fans a lot of casual fans or kids and families don't necessarily watch NXT. While NXT is very successful, it's still a niche product since the only way they are able to sell out during one of the big four weekend is if they get fans travelling to those event because local crowd that goes to all the main rosters wwe event during the weekend Won't necessarily go to a nxt show.
So you write something like

Quote:
The observer's report is pretty much a basic report without taking any breaking down the stats. While you might take it as facts, I don't since they don't go into details about thoses stats and therefore they only printed them to make them look good,
Yet you bring up Meltzer in this post using his supposed spot on analogy that WarGames drew the least amount of people at all the events during Survivor Series weekend? You are basing your claim off of a website's report you just said was pointless to take as fact.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Quote:
First of all, please find me the place where i mention that i wanted NXT to close anywhere in my thread because i sure don't see where you mention that at all. I feel like you read one phrase or just the title of a thread and then don't bother reading the rest of the thread and just jump to conclusion because it serve your narrative.
NXT is unique, it's never been done before. It poses as "developmental" organization while exposing its talent to the world. They tour, they make money. They are a draw to the WWE Network. They exist mostly on the internet with a focus on appealing to the most ardent fans and an international audience.

You are saying they are overexposing talent and hurting the talent in the long run. What is your alternative? If it is less exposure then you are basically killing what they have built.

But again, tell me, what is your alternative? Because any alternative to what NXT is doing is not NXT. You are basically killing NXT.

Quote:
Secondly, while i don't want NXT to close down, i'm just mentioning how the success of the brand with a certain group of fans is hurting certain talents on the roster because they get put in a pedestal way quicker then when you had FCW or other developmental territories that were more local. i get that they make money by doing it this way but at what cost.
So what? Why is less exposure good for the talent? Who cares if NXT fans sour on former NXT talent? Those fans are watching wrestling no matter what. Who is to say that they won't sour on that talent eventually anyway? It's not WWE's fault that some of their fans are not as smart as they think they are.

Quote:
It's easy to say that NXT listen to what fans wants and WWE doesn't but look at the crowd difference between the 2 brand, One is mostly comprise of adult 18 to 49 that's they main target demographic, sure's they have kids going to those shows but there not the majority so it's easier for them to listen to the fans when you only have to focus on one group, WWE is a whole different ball game, they're not a predominant demographic that's the majority of fans, so they have to listen to what everybody wants not just one group because you need to please as many peoples as you can and like the famous saying goes, ''you can't please everyone''. So that's why it seem like they don't listen to the fans when in reality they do and they just push whoever is connecting with the most group of fans.
Ok, I have no idea what that has to do with less exposure for WWE talent but fine.

Quote:
Finally, now that i explain my whole thread, i just want to know, where in my original thread did i mention that i wanted NXT to close because unlike IMPACT, which i did say that i wanted them to close because let's face it, at this time, it wouldn't be a big lost for anybody
Except the fans, the talent, the employees, the owners, and the vendors.

Quote:
and it would save a lot of money to anthem if they just close shop and cut their lost, NXT is a profitable product that actually make some money and i want to stay around, i just wonder if having it as the third brand help or hurts the talent in the long run? So please next time, read the whole thing before replying to a thread
It helps. WWE could easily shut it down or change it anytime they want to but they don't. They could shut it down or scale it back much easier than Anthem could shut down Impact but they don't. They've made it their third brand, they know what they are doing way better than you or I do. They've chosen to invest heavily and stick with this type of brand and exposure. If that doesn't answer your question, I don't know what to tell you. This isn't a storyline tweek or booking decision. This is a massive business decision, WWE kind of has way more information than you. They aren't going to sit on Nakamura or Roode because some smarks expect them to get top booking on the main roster.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:02 AM
WCW TV Champion

That's my point exactly, if you read the whole thread, I talk about how the smark like you like to call them are expecting too much out of the NXT talent when they get called up. That why, I Said that it hurting the talents more then helping them. Fans expect those guys especially the top tiers guys to get to same success on the main roster and being rocketed to the main event level on the main roster just because they we're main event talent on nxt and they bitch about it when they don't get that main event spot. That's why I talk about overexposure.

Look I get that NXT is a great brand and everything, They're making some money with it and it o.k even through they prove with the low tickets sales for nxt: war games that They're not on the same level as wwe. It's still a good source of money and they shouldn't close it down. I'm just saying that it should be less about being a brand and more about being a developmental territory. Give a chance to those that are their to learn to get accustomed to be a tv instead of featuring the best Indy stars every week.

How do you want thoses guys to be ready for the main when all the tv spots are taken by the big Indy names that are already ready for the main and are just their to help the brand make money. That's why I saying that it hurting the talents in the long run.

Also, just look at how developmental was 15 years ago. Look at OVW and how many big stars came out of the territory. John cena, Brock lesnar, Batista, Randy Orton, Beth phoenix, Shelton Benjamin just to name those guys all came from OVW and the fact that nobody saw them grow help them in getting a connection with the fans on the main roster without having any expectations and for most of them, they became megastar. It was easier for them to make an impact because they we'rent expose to them every week, so they we're able to grow without having the spotlight put on them

I get that time as change but in the end nxt is a developmental territory and it should be portrait at this and not as the third brand. They want to make money with it, I say go for it but they shouldn't forget what the mission of nxt is and That's to TRAIN the next generation of wrestlers, That's what important and sometimes I feel like they forget that just so they can please their fans base and make money.

Finally, you never really answer my question. Where did I mention that I wanted NXT to close?
Old 12-28-2017, 06:16 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would dispute that NXT is the "third brand" because it isn't treated like it.

I have an even better way to expose NXT talent. Do everything they are doing now, but also have a couple of NXT matches on WWE PPVs.

WWE have five dual-brand PPVs next year (RR, WM, MITB, Summerslam, Survivor Series).

So why not have a couple of NXT title matches at, say, Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Why shouldn't the NXT World Title, NXT Tag-Team Titles or NXT Women's Title be defended where it will get maximum exposure?

In the recent "Survivor Series" where it was Raw vs Smackdown, why wasn't NXT included as well?

Think about this. 205 Live have matches at major PPVS, but NXT has none. Why not?

Can you imagine how much more over Shinsuke, Roode, Balor etc would have got over if they had done Wrestlemania or Summerslam matches while in NXT. Have NXT titles defended on the dual-brand shows as well as the "Takeover" shows.

Do you know what I think would be cool? An NXT Invasion storyline. Everyone complained about the original Invasion storyline, because WWE couldn't get the top WCW guys to sign.

But since WWE runs NXT, having an NXT invasion on Raw and Smackdown would be awesome. It would be like Absolution or The Riott Squad, but with a lot of the main NXT roster (you can still use them on NXT as well). This will get them attention, even to those who don't watch NXT closely, and get many of these NXT stars over on a bigger stage quicker.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Personally i feel like it does mostly because since they have to tape of show that's seen worldwide, they have to signs bigger name stars that fans that will attract fans that like watching other style of wrestling like ROH or New Japan, so i takes away from the others guys that don'T have as much experience and could get it by being on the show.
Bro, what?

Quote:

So that's why i fell that NXT having to much exposure is hurting the talent more then helping them. If they we're a local developmental territory with a local show, when a big name talent like Shinsuke Nakamura or bobby roode would get called up, they would fell fresh because we didn'T see them on NXT before hand and weren't expose to their matches on the show.

Bobby Roode and Nakamura are super over BECAUSE of the exposure they had on NXT.

Familiarity can only help. Its not NXT's fault that guys come up super over and are randomly left off the show for months at a time (like Tye Dillinger, and last week, The Revival), or advertised to be killer monsters and then get jobbed out to the newest flavor of the month/sells for a underneath talent that is to be released soon for the majority of her debut match (Like Asuka) or doesn't provide ANY showcase opportunity for a team like American Alpha to do their signature hot tag/house of fire routines.

NXT carrying greater exposure isn't to blame for WWE's atrocious building of non-stars. Its just more frustrating for people now because the guys get over and are successful and then the main roster proceeds to shed every aspect of the character and booking that made them succesfull in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:36 AM
WCW TV Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
I would dispute that NXT is the "third brand" because it isn't treated like it.

I have an even better way to expose NXT talent. Do everything they are doing now, but also have a couple of NXT matches on WWE PPVs.

WWE have five dual-brand PPVs next year (RR, WM, MITB, Summerslam, Survivor Series).

So why not have a couple of NXT title matches at, say, Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Why shouldn't the NXT World Title, NXT Tag-Team Titles or NXT Women's Title be defended where it will get maximum exposure?

In the recent "Survivor Series" where it was Raw vs Smackdown, why wasn't NXT included as well?

Think about this. 205 Live have matches at major PPVS, but NXT has none. Why not?

Can you imagine how much more over Shinsuke, Roode, Balor etc would have got over if they had done Wrestlemania or Summerslam matches while in NXT. Have NXT titles defended on the dual-brand shows as well as the "Takeover" shows.

Do you know what I think would be cool? An NXT Invasion storyline. Everyone complained about the original Invasion storyline, because WWE couldn't get the top WCW guys to sign.

But since WWE runs NXT, having an NXT invasion on Raw and Smackdown would be awesome. It would be like Absolution or The Riott Squad, but with a lot of the main NXT roster (you can still use them on NXT as well). This will get them attention, even to those who don't watch NXT closely, and get many of these NXT stars over on a bigger stage quicker.
i feel like if they would have use the major talent like the roode and nakamura on the main show while they we're in NXT, it would have help them getting a connection with the WWE crowd and would have made the transition better while giving the younger guys that aren'T ready some sort of exposure by having those big names that truly didn't need to be in NXT to begin with represent them on the big shows.

While i do like the takeover's special before the big four, it been proven that if you don't have fans traveling to the shows, They can be a bit a failure as far as ticket sales goes even if they have a strong card like what happened for NXT wargames. So why not have like the undisputed era show up on the survivor series card and wrestling against sanity for the NXT tag title or have a NXT Women's title match or NXT title match on the main card instead of doing a special that doesn't attract fans especially at survivor series which as been proven isn't a show that fans will travel to go see and you're not going to be able to sell out the NXT show with the local crowd alone.

That way, by putting guys that are ready on the main PPV to represent the brand you do 2 things, first you make the brand more visible to a audience that might not watch NXT or don't know it exist yet and you please the smart fans by giving those guy more exposure which means that when they get called up permanently, it's going to be a easier transition between NXt and The main roster because more fans will already be familliar with those guys.