WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-26-2017, 06:00 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan Capture Gold

As we all saw or heard about, Rollins and Jordan defeated the Bar in the main event of last night's Christmas episode of Raw to become Raw Tag Team Champions. This marks Jordan's 2nd tag title run on the main roster, his 3rd overall if you count his run as NXT Tag Team Champion, and Rollins' 3rd title run with 3 different partners, the others being, of course, Dean Ambrose most recently and Roman Reigns back during the days of the Shield.

This came as something of a surprise in some ways, considering it's the first time that Rollins and Jordan have teamed in a traditional tag team setting though, at the same time, maybe not so surprising when you look some factors. On last night's Raw, Ambrose's condition was updated by commentators saying that he could be out "for up to 9 months" due to suffering a ruptured triceps tendon, which was surgically repaired last week. Now there were reports out last week, after Ambrose underwent the surgery, saying that he'd be out for 2 to 3 months so it's entirely possible that the "up to 9 month" timetable is a little mix of fact and fiction. It's entirely possible that 9 months is how long it'd take to have a full recovery if the damage was about as extensive as it gets while the 2 to 3 month timetable could be an indicator of how long Ambrose is genuinely expected to be out; a while back, Braun Strowman had to undergo elbow surgery, minor surgery, to clear up a few issues and was written off TV after Roman Reigns "injured" his arm in a brawl and the dirt sheets reported Strowman would be out for about 3 to 4 weeks while WWE reported he'd be out "for up to 6 months." WWE has also used exaggerated timeline returns for guys like Cena in the past as a means of reinforcing this image of how tough and resilient some of their wrestlers are, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's where they're going with Ambrose, at least that's what I hope is going on.

Another factor to consider are the reports that Sheamus has been dealing with issues related to his neck as of late which, if so, aren't going to be helped by him being slammed around in wrestling matches. I don't think I've read anything suggesting exactly what the problems are or might be, just that they've become more pronounced; if so, then WWE will likely keep a close eye on Sheamus as they're always especially concerned about any sort of neck or cranial trauma. Sheamus is almost 40 and growing neck issues MIGHT mean that his in-ring career could be winding down quickly, which could mean his partnership with Cesaro could be coming to a close in the near future.

As to what this means for the eventual heel turn of Jordan, it could be up in the air at this point though this partnership with Rollins could be a good thing in the long run as they're definitely not rushing things. Jordan could possibly turn on Rollins somewhere down the line, just seemingly out of the blue, maybe this could play a part in the rumors of Dean Ambrose turning on Rollins, if Ambrose really isn't gonna be on the shelf for 75% of next year, with the idea of Ambrose being pissed that Rollins so quickly and easily moved onto another partner.

Like it, hate it, curious, indifferent, keep it all here.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

You are going to hear people say well Ambrose is out and they have to push a babyface to tag with Seth because we have no tag teams on raw so Jordan could be the perfect choice. But here is the thing, you have a babyface on your show that could DESPERATELY need something to do on the show and could really REALLY benefit from teaming with Seth and Roman and that's Finn Balor. I would have much liked Balor and Rollins teaming up than Jordan
Old 12-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Wow, every week they continue to do more and more in an effort to get Jordan more "Die Rocky Die!" heat. This seems unnecessary but I'm still curious as to where they are going to go with it. One thing is for certain, everything they do with Jordan makes the WWE audience forget a little bit more why they hate Roman so much.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-26-2017, 09:15 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I found it funny that Jordan was on a mini rant at the beginning of the show with Kurt Angle. He said something about being in a tag team on SD Live and was brought over to RAW to jump start his singles career. Welp there you go, at the end of the night he and Rollins wins the tag belts. So much for the rant.

No real opinion on Jordan yet. He was good with Gable, but that was primarily Gable really. Jordan is kind of boring and even this angle with being Kurt's son, not finding him that interesting. We'll see what happens down the road I suppose.
Old 12-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This pairing is beyond off, but it could lead to something good. First of all, I think they went ahead with a planned title change on the Christmas Raw. Ambrose and Rollins originally beat The Bar, with the Shield all carrying titles into the Royal Rumble match.

But Ambrose got hurt. In still wanting a Christmas title change, this is where they landed. Reminds me a bit of when they threw Eddie and Tajiri together suddenly for a tag title win when Chavo was hurt so they could turn Eddie heel.

My first reaction is could anyone else but Rollins have been the full face paired with Jordan's oblivious heel?

This builds off of Kurt Angle's previous involvement with The Shield. Now his "son" is going to work his way in there. I'm betting Jordan shows up in unauthorized Shield gear, much to the chagrins of Roman and Seth.

Jason Jordan is one of the best guys to put over Reigns or Cena in the Rumble. A wannabe Shield Jason may just be enough to out-heel the often booed faces of the company.

This could be interesting. My thoughts were initially why not anyone but Rollins? It does make the most sense though. They don't want to turn Joe face, as he's one of precious few top heels on Raw right now. Jordan has been interacting heavily with the Shield lately. His "dad" just teamed with them not long ago.

If done right, this could make for great TV, if done wrong - and it easily could - it'll be forgettable.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:16 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I don't know where this whole bratty, entitled son angle is going but I have to admit, it's really starting to pay off for Jason Jordan. At first it seemed really stupid (And still does to a point) because the guy is like a dry piece of crab cakes on the mic. But I think the heel reactions he's getting are boosting his appearances on Raw. Any reaction is better than no reaction at all. People hate the guy, they boo when he walks into a shot with Kurt Angle, he's hated when his entrance music plays, his ring gear is super generic and there's nothing special about this guy other than his athletic ability in the ring.

He caused Roman Reigns to get cheered when he got superman punched out of the ring the other week. If the whole goal was simply to get under everyone's skin (I highly doubt WWE creative are that smart) then mission accomplished. But I really think they were heading in another direction and changed plans mid way and went with the flow with Jordan embracing the entitled brat angle. He could end up having a very good program with Seth Rollins if they do it right.

Old 12-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

With Ambrose injured, likely past Mania, and Kurt Angle looking like his whole body had calcified in his last match, I wonder if the direction they're heading in is Jordan/Rollins at Mania. If so it could be good for both of them.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

A couple of weeks ago, a poster on this site said Jordan was maybe the most interesting character in WWE. At first I thought that was pretty insane because Jordan is one of the least charismatic wrestlers I've ever seen. However after thinking about it, I see their point.

Although I believe WWE's original intention was to get Jordan over as a face, they have created one of their best heels. Jordan is booed every time he is shown on screen and even got Roman Reigns cheered. Who can say that? Two of the best heels in WWE over the last few years, Kevin Owens and The Miz, were cheered over Reigns by a large portion of the crowd.

As far as the actual title win, I'm okay with it. It was certainly a surprise, which can be good. I'm not a huge fan of Cesaro and Sheamus losing the belts, but they'll win them back soon enough. It will also be an interesting situation if/when Ambrose returns and sees Rollins and Jordan as champions. Perhaps that could be fuel for Ambrose's eventual heel turn.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:29 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Kinda would be a stupid idea but i feel like they might do the backstabbing storyline next week were The Bar gets their title rematch and jordan double cross rollins and cost them the titles.

anyway i don't see as a long term title reigns and i feel like this was done mostly because they wanted to do something special for the christmas edition of raw.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Why would Jordan, somebody who's been looking for an opportunity each week, double cross his partner a week after winning gold?