WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The WrestleZone Symposium
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkist View Post
How am I expressing my opinion as right? My opinion is it shouldn't matter but people get so easily offended by every small thing. That fact that social media pushes this type of "news" brings the world backwards instead of moving forward with creating a better history for the next generation of this world. I have stated people shouldn't get easily offended as this world is butt hurt over shit centuries and decades ago. Shouldn't doesn't dictate they cannot feel upset but to my point is people that are upset are people who weren't even alive during the times they are upset about. If I felt that they cannot be upset then that's taking away there right which is to why I stated shouldn't instead cannot. I have stated to my point of the world is letting so many things become foul play when living life in as possible normal way cannot be the case.

It is like the term AFRICAN American trying to be politically correct when not everyone person who is black is from Africa. It is face paint that can be washed off and it's a dude's idol. Seriously what is the major harm because it's not Halloween or something?

And cultural significance is to hate or ridicule a white man who dressed black because of what? Where you alive during them hard times? Instead of going for peace we are still pushing a race card that has been taught and learned. It is not that history needs to be forgotten, it is that we are not growing from our history. If someone is born Jewish, should they be upset over a German pretending to be a Jew if the negative impact of history wasn't informed to them?
When you call opposing views butthurt cry babies who are easily offended, it's easy to get the notion you're acting like your stance is the right one and the others are wrong. People don't go around spewing insults unless they think they're in the right, do they?

Being alive for one generation isn't some Free Pass to be upset about something either. Not when we have parents who tell their kids what life was like back then, and they in turn tell their kids. And before you traverse the field here by implementing another "things are different" argument, there was a white supremacy rally only months ago. Things aren't all that different. Technology and awareness evolved, though.

Your claim that African American is proper over black isn't just off-topic, but ridiculous. If someone is from Uganda, you call them Ugandan. If you have no clue, the common nomenclature is PoC. This argument isn't anything like the African American label at all. And even if it was...why would you be upset over a group wanting to be called something? I thought such a thing wouldn't matter to you. It isn't hurting anybody and all that.

And I think we both know what cultural significance there is to why a white man in blackface is getting hosed. If you don't, I compel you to re-read my first post in this thread. And again, being alive for one generation isn't a magic wand here. We weren't around for a lot of shitty things. Doesn't mean we can't be against said shitty things, does it? The thing about history is that we learn from it. How exactly does ignoring blackface help our understanding of race relations? How does one grow if we're shrugging our shoulders to things that happened back then and are happening now?

Your example doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying it's okay to pretend to be something you're not if someone is ignorant to said history? How is that a good thing? Ignorance is no excuse. This isn't even getting in to how people in blackface, or even in "Jewface", tend to portray people either. It's not exactly a respectful expression of the target's culture.

Anyways this could all have been avoided if he just wore the Globetrotter uniform. Nobody kicked up a fuss when white guys went around in Cosby sweaters. It's only when you change your pigmentation when people get mad, which, from a historical perspective, is obvious why they're mad in the first place. Also, kinda creepy to go that extra mile if you're a fan of someone. I like Forest Whitaker. Should I fuck up my eyes to get that point across?

Anyways, you complained about White Chicks a post or so ago for doing it. Imagine if you grew up knowing how commonplace whiteface was in our history. Imagine how butt hurt you'd be. Now you can understand why people have such a problem with blackface in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:43 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Didn't complain about White Chicks, it was a basis that people are easily offended over this that it becomes an outcry. Maybe your upset that I don't care that he wore a black face or did whatever he did. White Chicks filmed in 2017 probably wouldn't survive a week or two in the movie theaters. And since when people acting like cry babies a point proven right? It makes no sense as I am.opened minded and you seem closed minded towards the subject. Society is in an emotional downfall. Do I care if people care over this issue? No. Do I feel they shouldn't complain. Yes. But does that mean they cannot complain? No. You are confused because your are simply confused and feel superior as you feel people should be upset over it and I could careless but voiced that society has become a bunch of cry babies over stupid shit that should have been done a long time ago. Ignorance is taught and learned so where are you coming from inreagrd to it making the situation correct or not?

As to not being alive during those times which stands my point that people are taught negative views and then learned to hate something that has not been around for years. Again, should a Jewish person who was born way after WW2 be upset if a German dressed up like a Jew? In your view the Jewish person should be because we shouldn't let things go in this world. It is easier to hate than it is to love in this day and age why? Because it is all that people seem to deal with. Dragging shit onwards throguht history in order to keep the "this has happened to our ancestors " part alive. And if roles were flipped, what difference would it make to me? I did nothing to harm people of years ago, and if my heritage has, I should then what? Feel superior based off my skin color or be human and know life is to love not hate?

And being against shitty things proves what I keep saying. People who are upset with this HAD nothing to do with what happened back then. They are making it seems like the dude was being racist and stating racists remarks while dressed up in a black face. Oh, and would Tropic Thunder fit in in 2017? Same goes for white chicks. Humans are their own worst enemies because we don't learn from our history, we just keep it going in subtle ways.