WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-21-2017, 02:39 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Would Lita or Trish really be a surprise entrant? This is the first one and to not have a throwback or two would be more of a surprise than seeing either or both run out.

I hope they do a better job than the men. This winner gets a shot at Mania bit has been played out for so long. And really, climb the rope and point to the Mania sign afterwards...that isn't overdone either.

The entire PPV needs a good scrubbing and I hope the women do something that makes those in charge of the men's version up their game. Why have 30 men enter when 26 have no chance? This PPV has become lazy and predictable. And not predictable as in the people who watch all the time and read dirt sheets and spoilers. It is actually predictable to casual fans and it's a shame that WWE is seemingly ok with letting tradition carry this PPV. I miss creativity in wrestling. For all the bad Russo brought, he brought a hell of a lot more fun than this current crop.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:06 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Even though it was a foregone conclusion, Asuka announced last night that she was officially entering the women's Royal Rumble match before declaring that "nobody is ready" for her and delivering a kick that took out Alexa Bliss, whom Asuka interrupted. Alexa did a great job of looking intimidated, as she well should have, but, given how WWE booking usually goes, this is probably an indicator that Asuka won't be the one winning the match. Of course, this doesn't guarantee that Asuka won't come out on top, there's a feeling that it could potentially be anyone's match, but I think a lot of people will be disappointed if Asuka doesn't win and the actual winner doesn't feel like something special.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-26-2017, 06:44 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The more I think about it, the more I feel like asuka will get screwed by Alexa bliss at the rumble and That's how she will get eliminated which will lead to a title match at elimination chamber. Asuka wins the title and go on to face the winner of the rumble which will probably be Paige at wrestlemania.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:45 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

I have no problem with the women getting a Rumble and maybe even headlining Mania one day...if it is for the right reasons. I think the women have the potential to have some groundbreaking storylines, if helped by creative. But, so far, it just seems like a rolling checklist of things for this women's revolution/evolution to accomplish. Money in the Bank was lame, but they checked that off the list. Now the Rumble, where apparently people want the dominant favorite to win in order to make it "special"(?)...another boring check off the list. It is just so fabricated how they refer to it every time as the inaugural women's Rumble. Would they say that in conversation? Or would they say "Rumble"? They are pushing it to people who already know it's a first. I think Stephanie McMahon is on a women are the greatest blah, blah, blah crusade and if the Rumble is another anticlimactic checklist filler, then an eventual women's Mania main event will be nothing exciting. It will be because they want to say they did it, rather than because it deserves it.

Having said that, I will just ignore their over-promoting of this match and pretend like a Trish/Lita entry will be a "shock". I'll give it a shot because I'll be watching anyway. But the way Steph pretty much begged the crowd to give it a YES chant, so they could edit it and sell it on recaps and video packages going forward--as if people were actually that excited--is laughable.

Like I said, I am not against women getting big chances. I just think their motivation, so far, has not been genuine. Give them a chance because they are athletic and talented and deserve it, not because your pushing some political/equality agenda.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:56 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...Aeon Mathix scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Aeon Mathix

I have a feeling Ronda Rousey will be a surprise entrant at number 30 and will win the whole thing. Asuka getting the title before Mania would lead to one hell of a showdown between her and Ronda at the big show. The way WWE booking goes though I feel like Asuka's undefeated streak will end by some stupid roll up against Alexa Bliss or whatever. I wouldn't put it past WWE.

As for surprises, I think Trish and Lita are pretty much locks and it would be awesome to see them come face to face in the ring before both being eliminated. I'm looking forward to the match and hope it is 30 entrants and given time. I can see either the men's or women's Rumble opening the show then 2 or 3 matches between to give the show some breathing room. I just kind of hope we get the dumb Absolution and Riott Squad face off before the Rumble as WWE will make it seem like this huge epic thing if it happens in the Rumble even though well it's not.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:25 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

The first ever Woman's Royal Rumble Match I can honestly say that as far as this match goes I am more excited about this match than the traditional 30 man Royal Rumble Match and why? This is history in the making but also because of the unpredictability factor when it comes to this match. This match is not as predictable as the men's match and not to mention you have so many favorites in this match that realistically any diva on RAW or Smackdown Live could win it all and get a title match at WrestleMania

As far as who wins it? I will go out on a limb and say Asuka wins the 1st ever Royal Rumble Match for the women
Old 01-01-2018, 02:43 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Since it has been confirmed that we get a first time ever Women's Royal Rumble Match, I wonder how many women we will have in the match? Will it be 20 divas? Will it be 30 divas?

I mean with the men the first ever was in 1988 and it had 20 men in it. Then the next year from 1989 onwards it became a tradition with it having 30 men. Fast forward 29 years later 2018 of course it will be 30 men. However, for the women we still do not know how much women we will get in this and our guesses are as good as anyone's.

However, for the women's match if we do get 20 women in I wouldn't have a problem with that and we all have to start somewhere. Furthermore, I mean are there even enough women to have a 30-woman Royal Rumble Match? Unless they can wrangle up divas from the first ever Mae Young classic and sign them all to contracts but I doubt that that even happens. However, if they could wrangle up divas from the past and have them return either full time or for one night only then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Obviously if this match ends up being as entertaining as the men's match then I think we are in for a real treat and you wanna know why? The unpredictability of the first ever women's Royal Rumble Match because on both brands any diva currently on the roster who isn't champion could realistically walk out the winner and face the champion of her choice at WrestleMania.

However, there are the champions of both brands the RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss and the Smackdown Women's Champion The Queen Charlotte Flair to consider here. Then there also is another wild card Ms. Money in the Bank Carmella because she has a guaranteed contract at the Smackdown Women's Champion and imagine if she were to win the first ever Rumble Match for the women on top of being Ms Money in the Bank?
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

According to tonight's Raw, aside from a few more women announcing their participation in the match, we've learned a few basic details that we've been wondering about. For one thing, as with the men, elimination occurs only when a participant is thrown over the top rope with both feet touching the floor and for another, the match will be comprised of 30 women.

As of right now, there are only about 20 or so women on the main roster who're active, so you have to think that a few women will be brought up from NXT and that WWE will reach out to some former stars. For instance, don't be at all surprised to see one or both of the Bella Twins pop up for this match. I can also see Trish Stratus filling in a spot and possibly Lita as well. From NXT, I think Ember Moon, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce & Billie Kay and Kairi Sane, maybe Shayna Baszler as well, are possibilities.

As for the winner, given that Corey Graves has already declared Asuka his favorite, I don't see her winning. It almost goes without saying that whenever a commentator announces his favorite, said favorite doesn't win. Unless Ronda Rousey makes a surprise appearance, then it's potentially anyone's match.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-02-2018, 06:14 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't think that we're going to see nxt call up unless they can't find enough surprise from the past to fill out the remaining spot. Either way, I fill that unless you get this big surprise entrant in the match and you get a big surprising ending, this will be forgotten be the end of the match.

On paper, it's a forgettable match especially with the current roster. Let's hope that this first doesn't go the same way the Women's MITB match went and that It become just another forgettable match because it doesn't help anybody in that case.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:04 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

This is historic, but unless they really dig in creatively, it's just another women's match that results in a #1 contender. Personally, I have never cared about a #1 contender's match. It seems like every Raw, with guys or gals, 4 people claim they should get a title shot. Then, the GM--who hasn't been relevant in ages, what a waste of Kurt--comes out and announces a lazy 4-way match. ...and it ends with a winner. ...setting up a match later. If the championship match isn't interesting on its own, I couldn't care less about how the contender gets there. The Rumble itself needs to be entertaining--not an end to a mean. Once all of the entrants have joined the Rumble, most years, I lose interest. It simply becomes another 4-way match. Granted, I am not like the majority of fans. I just want to be surprised and/or entertained. I don't care about the Road to Wrestlemania because I don't watch it. I still think fans deserve creativity.

Let's say Sasha. Let's say she is chosen as the Mania contender. (Admittedly, I am not interested in the women's matches) But say I was. If Sasha was simply named the contender, I would think "ok". So, why would watching her win a Rumble make me care more? The Rumble needs to entertain me. Obviously it needs to have a winner. But the winner is rarely a big deal or surprise at all. The match itself is where I want creativity.

I'll watch the women's Rumble because I hope they do something with it. But I am not one of these people who will be "surprised" when Trish comes out. "Oh look! A very predictable throwback with no shot of winning...great!" How can ANY fan hear her music and be surprised at any level? Same with Lita. This will be another match with Cole running through their resume and telling us why they contributed to the women's revolution as they jog to the ring.

Cole is the worst part of the recent Rumbles. He shits on the "contenders" before they get to the ring. 3....2....1...horn. "It's Rhyno! Only Hacksaw Jim Duggan has won from this position." Ok, so much for Rhyno! He is such a non-factor, he isn't even "talked up" upon entry--dopey Cole goes into an immediate history lesson.

Got off track there, sorry. When I think of the Rumble, I realize how awful it has become. Good luck to the ladies...I hope they and the men shock me and try something new this year. My guess is it's just another check on Steph's list of "women did this".