WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-18-2017, 10:15 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Royal Rumble - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Stephanie McMahon just confirmed at the closing moments of Raw that, after months of rumors and speculation, there will be a women's Royal Rumble match taking place at the ppv.

Details are sure be revealed in the coming weeks such as if this will also be open to women currently competing in NXT and how many seconds it will be in between competitors coming out among other things. It could be fun or it could be little more than a novelty, depending on whether or not they really strive to treat this similarly to the men's match.

If you count all the women on the main roster, including Becky Lynch who's filming a movie and Lana, then there are 21 women on the main roster. As a result, I can see them bringing up a few additional women from NXT like Ember Moon, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay & Kairi Sane, maybe a few greats from the past like Lita and Trish Stratus, I can also easily see one or both of the Bella Twins popping up to compete, so it won't be difficult gathering up 30 women to fill out the match.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:15 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Don’t tell me Natalya has retired just before the woman’s Rumble. Maybe she is going down to NXT but still. Would prefer to wait one more year for the woman’s Rumble so we get a few new names in their but at the end of the day the womans roster is the best it’s been ever so why not and to be fair you could just call up Ember Moon and etc from NXT if you need to. Is the woman’s championship as good as a prize as the WWE championship? Feels like a Rumble for the IC title just with history being made butt again it’s what they’ve got so it does make sense. Does the winner switch brands? That’d make it more interesting for me if say Asuka went and fought Charlotte.

The Rumble has gotten stale for the last couple of years so just switching the gender doesn’t do anything for me. It’s histiry and that’s cool but like every other first gimmick match (except the HITC) the woman have had, it’ll be far from good. I’m expecting an Asuka win, what better way to debut the Rumble I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH

Last edited by Khalifa : 12-18-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:48 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

I'm begging for them to have Ronda Rousey win it. It would be hilarious after the reaction tonight of everyone being so proud that the women have been given this chance, if a non-wrestler can in and stole the win. Let someone go from number one all the way to the final two, only for Rousey to enter at 30 and win it.

I just want to see it because people would lose their minds over Rousey coming in and taking the historic win from someone else. A non-wrestler winning the first ever female Royal Rumble, it's classic WWE!
Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Will Asuka be in it? And if she's in it, isn't she by default the winner? Or are they going to turn yet another undefeated streak into a "singles matches only undefeated streak"?
Old 12-19-2017, 04:22 AM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm not a big fan of it mostly because women battle royal are normally clunky and boring, but I guess since they have so much time to fill why not do one instead of 2 championship matches. My only problem is what will be the prize for this one especially if Charlotte and Alexa bliss are involve in the match? Do we had more women's from nxt to fill in the last 10 spot or do you just do a 20 women rumble match? That's going to be questions that they will have to address. As for now, I fill just a cheap stunt because they need to fill time on the show.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Terrible idea.

The PPV is going to be a big mess. So is the first hour going to be Women's Rumble match, second hour one or two non-Rumble matches, third hour the Male Rumble match? Sounds like a shit show if it goes that way.

I doubt they book the Women's Rumble as good as they do the Male Rumble match when it comes to time and moments.

The only thing I look forward to though with the Women's Rumble just like the Male Rumble match is just the surprise entrants, so there's that at least.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Pac View Post
Terrible idea.

The PPV is going to be a big mess. So is the first hour going to be Women's Rumble match, second hour one or two non-Rumble matches, third hour the Male Rumble match? Sounds like a shit show if it goes that way.

I doubt they book the Women's Rumble as good as they do the Male Rumble match when it comes to time and moments.

The only thing I look forward to though with the Women's Rumble just like the Male Rumble match is just the surprise entrants, so there's that at least.
There's not a chance in hell this thing goes for a full hour. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was knocked down to 20 entrants. They could fill it out to 30, but I guarantee that means you have the occasional woman who's in there about as long as Gail Kim that one time.

Putting it at 20 people means most women will get at least a respectable amount of time, as RR matches go.

It does beg the question: Is it going to be over the top rope like the men's RR match? Women's battle royals generally are through the ropes period. Not over the top.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I just wish they would they would make storylines out of these women wanting things and then having to go out and prove themselves instead of a simple promo about you have proven yourself so we are going to give you something that you never mentioned that you wanted.

Really good promo by Steph but now what. The next month of Raw is just going to be the same as the men saying, "I'm going to win the Rumble", "No, I'm going to win the Rumble". Let's fight.

The match itself will be fine. Hopefully Sasha does something innovative as she is the most likely to get the opportunity to do something different and do it well. I expect Bayley to be number one. It should last about 25 to 35 minutes. I suspect a WM championship match will be the prize, which will be won by Ellsworth . How about they go bigger and tell the women that the winner gets anything they want? Then have Charlotte win it and ask for their own women's PPV event. That can be the catalyst for Rousey to show up and be the main event of that women's PPV.

I'm getting ahead of myself here and only setting myself up for disappointment. Must keep expectations limited. The build to the match will be generic, the match will be fine, it will be dull for 85% of it, the other 15% will be the thrill of a couple cool spots, a return, the newness, and then Asuka or Becky will likely win and face their respective brand champ at WM.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 AM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I'm not a big fan of it mostly because women battle royal are normally clunky and boring, but I guess since they have so much time to fill why not do one instead of 2 championship matches. My only problem is what will be the prize for this one especially if Charlotte and Alexa bliss are involve in the match? Do we had more women's from nxt to fill in the last 10 spot or do you just do a 20 women rumble match? That's going to be questions that they will have to address. As for now, I fill just a cheap stunt because they need to fill time on the show.
Also the other question coming out of the announcement is that if it's only a raw brand exclusive match or if both brand will be represented in that match because it wasn't made cleared last night. The announcement felt rush like they didn't even think about how this was going to work before announcing it. In the end this felt more like the other 2 first they did for the women's and it was less about the girls in the match and more about promoting the women's revolution. The segment felt really out of place and made the announcement anti climatic. I just hope they figure out what they one to do with this before the rumble and put the performers first in the promotion of this match instead of promoting the whole women's revolution thing, because as it's stands right now, They're no point of doing this match outside for the simple reason of padding themselves in the back for doing another first with the women's.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:51 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
There's not a chance in hell this thing goes for a full hour. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was knocked down to 20 entrants. They could fill it out to 30, but I guarantee that means you have the occasional woman who's in there about as long as Gail Kim that one time.

Putting it at 20 people means most women will get at least a respectable amount of time, as RR matches go.

It does beg the question: Is it going to be over the top rope like the men's RR match? Women's battle royals generally are through the ropes period. Not over the top.
If WWE knock it down to 20 entrants, they will likely get complaints from fans that it's not a proper Rumble like the Male Rumble match. If it doesn't go a full hour like the Male Rumble match, they will get complaints from people, saying the Women's Rumble match was about as useless as the 1995 Royal Rumble.

I just don't see this match going down as good or being treated the same as the Male Rumble as some people think, which is gonna lead to complaints. Plus the first Women's Hell in a Cell and Money In The Bank matches were shit.

They did have a Women's Battle Royal on NXT where the women were eliminated over the top rope, so yeah I believe it's going to be over the top rope in this one.

Last edited by Wolf Pac : 12-19-2017 at 09:56 AM.