WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Dolph Ziggler is the NEW United States Champion

I really wanted to talk about this. What the heck? That was totally unpredictable. I don't quite know if I like that move or not. I think I do. So what's next for the US title?

Is Ziggler a face again? Or a tweener? Or a heel? I don't really know, so that's another direction I'm looking forward to see where it's going.

Did they do it to have Ziggler renew? I don't think so, they might have something up their sleeve.

I also think that Roode will eventually get the title from Ziggler, I just don't get why they would resume that feud. I mean, who else is there anyways? We've seen Nakamura vs Ziggler. Maybe Dillinger? There aren't really any other faces to challenge Ziggler.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Disappointed by this. It was the worst possible outcome for the match. Corbin needed to retain. Roode could have benefited from a win if they had to change the title. Dolph is boring. He got a little interesting again with the whole disgruntled persona but goodness I can't get excited for any of his matches. I have zero interest in having him as the US Champion again. I don't care if it's Corbin, Roode, or anyone else. I'll be rooting for his opponents. Unless it's Jinder then I'll skip the match. What is WWE thinking here? Do they not get that there's nothing interesting about this guy!?

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:39 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Definitely a strange option that feels like a swerve just for the sake of it. If anything, I can see Corbin as Styles' challenger for the Rumble while Roode takes the US title away from Ziggler on Tuesday night. Whatever the case, totally an unexpected win tonight from someone who will be the epitome of a transitional champion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:59 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

We were at a party tonight so I missed the whole PPV. My son was texting me and when he said "Dolph won the US Title" I yelled "God damm it", everyone looked, so embarrassed. But anyway, hopefully he makes something of it with all the whining and complaining.

Just watching it back now, hell of a match, still reeling about it.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:40 AM

M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi
We were at a party tonight so I missed the whole PPV. My son was texting me and when he said "Dolph won the US Title" I yelled "God damm it", everyone looked, so embarrassed. But anyway, hopefully he makes something of it with all the whining and complaining.

Just watching it back now, hell of a match, still reeling about it.
*Sputters* Bet they wondered what pissed you off. Hope this reinvigorates him.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:44 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

This feels like a transitional move for me. Everybody thought that ziggler would get pin so they gave him the belt. In the end I think that ziggler is just champion so that he can drop it to roode in the near future.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:11 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Vince "Listen if I give you the US belt will you stop complaining on radio shows"
Old 12-18-2017, 07:30 AM

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

I wouldn't expect a long title reign.

Why I think WWE did this...
1) some shock factor for an otherwise boring PPV
2) allowing Corbin to move on to a WWE Title feud with Styles
3) give Ziggler more credibility as smackdown singles roster is a little light right now
Old 12-18-2017, 12:24 PM

TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...

I don’t even try to rack my brain anymore with what wwe is doing or why. I just try to enjoy it. If they’re going to make Adolph somehow relevant again through this then I say go for it.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:51 PM

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Dolph is a ring general and a top 5 performer in WWE in terms of constructing a match and being a well rounded worker. He's been killing it with Roode every time they've gotten in the ring and I imagine if Vince or whoever had this choice got eyes on it realized what they're missing. This match was laid out in a way that their matches and spots they've been doing on house shows was similar, but included slight changes and improvisations to implement Baron Corbin. Baron is getting better, but he definitely is not in the groove with himself yet to be presented as a top star on television.

I'd argue most of Dolph's opponents in recent time ranging from Roode to Baron to Nakamura have more talent. The thing is hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. Dolph's skill curve is much higher in regards to in ring work, general bumping, and creating a story. When given a proper platform he can carry entire matches with people who aren't traditionally good workers. Someone he has good chemistry with is Roode and someone basically no one has good chemistry with is Baron. Kalisto managed to squeeze a good match out of him, but that took every single thing he had to offer and a stipulation whether it was a stupid chairs match or not.

This is a smart move and they're using Dolph in a capacity where the company benefits more than Dolph. They should attempt to let him be a bigger star and give him a test run, but if not I suppose it's fine. It's nice to see him get rewarded with something he deserves much more than a majority of people on both rosters. Good for TV due to Smackdown being in a rut and generally a good move for business at the moment. It really depends how they play off this within the next two to three weeks, but at least Dolph can get entertaining matches out of people who can hardly work a passable match.

Current 5 Favs M: Omega, Don Callis, M Taven, Castle, Silas Young
Current 5 Favs F: Kris Wolf, Baszler, Shirai, Beth P., Bull.