WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-20-2017, 12:56 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Jason Jordan being pushed due to being chosen to be the son of Kurt Angle in a storyline was a BAD idea. It's been forced and difficult to watch. Jordan's good in the ring, and.... that's it. His mic skills are horrible and I struggle to find a reason to care about anything the guy does. In American Alpha fans got behind them as a team more due to Gable than anything. Without that team, Jason Jordan is nothing. It was the worst storyline of 2017 and it needs to end. The most entertaining thing Jordan ever did was throw vegetables at Elias at TLC. He could have done that with or without this stupid storyline. Really not sure what the WWE were thinking with this one. It did get Jordan some more exposure though at the end of the day he will end up being remembered as the guy they pretended was Kurt's son.
See, I think this would have worked better with Gable as Kurt's son.

Not only is he the same color, but I think Gable has more charisma and more personality, as well as talent. He brings a more "rounded" package to the table than Jason Jordan does.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
See, I think this would have worked better with Gable as Kurt's son.

Not only is he the same color, but I think Gable has more charisma and more personality, as well as talent. He brings a more "rounded" package to the table than Jason Jordan does.
I agree with you almost completely here.

It's entirely possible the reason so many people soured on this angle is because they expected Chad Gable to be the big reveal from the start. Him and Kurt were both Olympic athletes, both are smaller guys with insane wrestling abilities and both guys can throw the best suplexes to guys twice their size — their similarities are too extreme not to be at least noted on. Imagine Gable in Jordan's shoes though. While I'm sure Gable can put on great matches like Jordan has been doing on Raw, I don't want him demoted to whining about not getting enough attention from his Daddy. The WWE writers can never fully be trusted into making sure an angle plays out well. And this angle is proof of it so far. While Jason Jordan was suppose to be this huge baby face, he's went the complete and opposite route. I'm not so sure Gable I would've wanted that for Gable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:37 PM

M.V.W. is looking to come up from OCW...

I like shooter_mcgavin and hamler's idea for an out by revealing Jordan isn't really Angle's son. Maybe they could even have Jordan say that he used to get his way to the top. Also, I can see Gable in Jordan's position.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:08 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #hamler View Post
I agree with you almost completely here.

It's entirely possible the reason so many people soured on this angle is because they expected Chad Gable to be the big reveal from the start. Him and Kurt were both Olympic athletes, both are smaller guys with insane wrestling abilities and both guys can throw the best suplexes to guys twice their size — their similarities are too extreme not to be at least noted on. Imagine Gable in Jordan's shoes though. While I'm sure Gable can put on great matches like Jordan has been doing on Raw, I don't want him demoted to whining about not getting enough attention from his Daddy. The WWE writers can never fully be trusted into making sure an angle plays out well. And this angle is proof of it so far. While Jason Jordan was suppose to be this huge baby face, he's went the complete and opposite route. I'm not so sure Gable I would've wanted that for Gable.

While I agree that Chad Gable deserves a better storyline than this, I think he could make a good heel, and could come across as manipulative and take advantage of Angle and not lose his cred better than Jason Jordan can.

I personally see more upside to Chad Gable long-term, and was stunned that they pushed Jordan ahead of him.