WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-13-2017, 01:39 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I like most hated the this storyline when it began. It just seemed forced and not believable and like they were just trying to take another wrestler with an amateur background and trying to piggy back off of Kurt Angle's name and fame.
However I think they realized Jason Jordan's face run wasn't working and there trying to take the story in a different direction. The promo from from Jordan before Survivor Series where Jordan was begging Kurt not to take him off the team was really well delivered by Jordan. Since then they have done a good job building Jordan as annoying, self entitled and trying to manipulate Kurt for a better position. It's is going to be a big moment and get huge heat when Jordan finally snaps and lays out Kurt. With The amount of time they have spent on this storyline and Kurt being cleared and available to work I see no reason not to have Jason Jordan vs Kurt Angle culminate at Wrestlemania.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
"Where do you think this is all leading?" - As of right now, I think it's ultimately leading to a Jordan heel turn and a possible match with Kurt Angle and WrestleMania. I've been very vocal about being against so many part timers wrestling at the biggest show of the year but at least this match would be an opportunity to elevate a young, fresh face on the roster. I don't want to see Angle vs. Triple H or Angle vs. Rock or whatever as I've no interest in seeing Attitude Era feuds rehashed; I loved the AE as much as anyone, it was a really fun and innovative time for wrestling but I'm interested in the here & now and the future rather than nostalgia. If they're going to have Angle wrestle at the biggest show of the year, then his opponent should be someone who has something to be gained from the match.

"Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth?" - I've enjoyed watching things happen with Jordan and I especially like the fact that WWE has been taking its time with him. This isn't a case where they've put him in a high profile storyline and then tried to elevate him to main event status within the span of a couple of months and it makes me happy to no end that they recognized and were aware of the fact that Jordan needs work. He's progressing nicely, he's making solid steps forward and he's already going the route of being a worthy heel. I've enjoyed that they haven't gone the route of making him a chicken shit heel as it's just not something that I think would work for him. While they're going the slow route of a full heel turn, they're keeping it in the forefront of the minds of fans that Jordan can really go in the ring, that he's a potential threat to anyone on the roster, as his match with Reigns decidedly showed. Was all this intentional or was it an example of WWE adapting along the way? Truth is, I don't really care because what's going on is working and that's really all that matters when it's all said and done.

"Did WWE choose the right man for the character?" - When it comes to a character like this and a story arc, you need someone that's a fresh face, someone who hasn't been solidified into a specific way in the minds of fans.

What's ridiculous is that you think a 49 year old man can't have a 29 year old son. People in their late teens and early 20s have children all the time, so I have no idea where this logic came from. And you seriously would prefer they went down the road of having him bein Vince McMahon's or Ric Flair's son? Now THAT is a ridiculous notion; for one reason, we've already gone down the road of Vince having an illegitimate son, it was originally supposed to be Mr. Kennedy but he was injured, yet again, so the idea was turned into a comedy angle in which Vince's illegitimate son was Hornswoggle. Authority figures are on TV enough as it is and seeing this one gobble up TV time isn't all that interesting a prospect. As for having him be Ric Flair's son, you think he could potentially bear more of a resemblance to Flair than he does to Angle? Jordan does bear something of a resemblance to Angle, some of their facial features are similar, Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion and Jordan had adopted some of Angle's in-ring mannerisms long before this storyline came about, so these are enough for a wrestling storyline like this one. Another reason why they were right in going with Angle is because unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk of injury or embarrassing himself if that's a direction they choose to take the story, though it's entirely possible an eventual in-ring clash between them has been the plan all along.
First off, I commented on Angle having an illegitimate son. It isn't just the age difference, but the fact that Kurt Angle was meant to be a "moral" upright character who preached old American values and the three "i"s. Now, if he were a heel GM, you could write this off as him being a hypocrite, but as a face, it makes him look like bad.

I didn't agree with either Mr Kennedy or Hornswoggle being Vince's son either. Especially Hornswoggle.

I feel that an "illegitimate son" of Vince would be a good storyline, because then he could feud with Shane, and possibly Triple H, and spar verbally with Stephanie. They could try to undermine him, etc, or give him favourable treatment (I remember a season of "Tough Enough" where a guy pitched his gimmick of being "Vince's third child" and from another relationship, and he would come to WWE to his share of the McMahon empire. The guy didn't get through, but the idea has merit).

Isn't this storyline gobbling up time on an authority figure, GM Kurt Angle? What difference does it make if the authority figure is Vince or Kurt?

Yes he doesn't look like Flair, but I would have cast someone else in the role, then. I just think Jason Jordan is too bland and lacking charisma to be Angle's son.

"Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion".

Jason Jordan is black. That is not a tan. Angle is white, Jordan is black. Now I know that can happen (maybe the storyline mother is black), but it is insulting to compare a tan to someone's race.

Besides, Ric Flair has a darker tan than Angle.

"Unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk".

WTF? This is a guy who developed a painkiller addiction because he injured his neck. He puts himself in jeopardy everytime he wrestles.

He had two matches since he came back to WWE, both were multi-man matches. The one where he joined the Shield for the night, he was missing for half the match. In multi-man matches, he can rest while others do the heavy lifting, but in a singles match, you take more bumps. I know Angle wrestled on TNA, and he put himself at risk, but Vince is not going to risk a lawsuit if Angle isn't 100%.

Even if he is, why waste his return WWE singles bout on Jason Jordan? There are plenty of young guys who are more worthy of it (e.g. A.J Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura etc).

Jason Jordan is overrated. I see him as a tag-team wrestler. They should have kept American Alpha, and used someone else for this role. I can't see Jordan ever winning the Universal or WWE Title.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:36 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
First off, I commented on Angle having an illegitimate son. It isn't just the age difference, but the fact that Kurt Angle was meant to be a "moral" upright character who preached old American values and the three "i"s. Now, if he were a heel GM, you could write this off as him being a hypocrite, but as a face, it makes him look like bad.
How exactly does it make him look bad? It's 2017, not 1917 where if you had a child out of wedlock people behaved as if it was the worst thing in the world. Too many people in the world today have premarital sex and have kids out of wedlock for inserting such draconian morals into things and expect it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1819 View Post
I feel that an "illegitimate son" of Vince would be a good storyline, because then he could feud with Shane, and possibly Triple H, and spar verbally with Stephanie. They could try to undermine him, etc, or give him favourable treatment (I remember a season of "Tough Enough" where a guy pitched his gimmick of being "Vince's third child" and from another relationship, and he would come to WWE to his share of the McMahon empire. The guy didn't get through, but the idea has merit).

Isn't this storyline gobbling up time on an authority figure, GM Kurt Angle? What difference does it make if the authority figure is Vince or Kurt?
The time in which Kurt Angle has been on-screen isn't remotely in the same ballpark as with Vince, Stephanie, Triple H or Shane in the past. Up until the past month or so, we MIGHT see Shane or Kurt on screen for a total of 5 minutes a week. A significant difference is, as I've mentioned, they've gone down this road with the illegitimate McMahon son before and I just don't believe too many people would be interested because so many are just really burned out on the McMahon's being all over the product week in and week out.

Quote:
Yes he doesn't look like Flair, but I would have cast someone else in the role, then. I just think Jason Jordan is too bland and lacking charisma to be Angle's son.

"Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion".

Jason Jordan is black. That is not a tan. Angle is white, Jordan is black. Now I know that can happen (maybe the storyline mother is black), but it is insulting to compare a tan to someone's race.

Besides, Ric Flair has a darker tan than Angle.
To my knowledge, charisma isn't a genetic trait and Jordan is still coming into his own. And yes, I'm well aware that Jason Jordan is black but there are varying degrees of skin tone among those of African American descent and Jordan has what the Rock has termed in the past more of a peanut butter complexion along the same lines of himself and Roman Reigns and, when Kurt Angle when Angle really burns himself up tanning. I don't know how dark skinned Jordan's actual parents but his lighter skin tone suggest a biracial lineage.

Quote:
"Unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk".

WTF? This is a guy who developed a painkiller addiction because he injured his neck. He puts himself in jeopardy everytime he wrestles.

He had two matches since he came back to WWE, both were multi-man matches. The one where he joined the Shield for the night, he was missing for half the match. In multi-man matches, he can rest while others do the heavy lifting, but in a singles match, you take more bumps. I know Angle wrestled on TNA, and he put himself at risk, but Vince is not going to risk a lawsuit if Angle isn't 100%.

Even if he is, why waste his return WWE singles bout on Jason Jordan? There are plenty of young guys who are more worthy of it (e.g. A.J Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura etc).
He developed, past tense, an addition to painkillers and since he's not popping them like skittles anymore, so what? Angle has had to undergo a marathon of medical tests, anyone WWE signs that intends to wrestle a match has to undergo them and Angle obviously passed mustard. Even though he's wrestled two multi-man matches, again, so what? It's more than Flair and Vince are capable of at this point; Vince is 72 years old and even though he still works out like a fiend, he's at a point in his life where it's risky for him to even take bumps, let alone wrestle a match. And yes, I know he took some bumps for Kevin Owens and while it was entertaining, the risk was still there. Finally, Vince has said that he doesn't want to appear on television often anymore and that's why he hasn't in many years, which is a good decision because Vince is someone who was a centerpiece for WWE angles an storylines for over a decade. As for Ric Flair, he'll NEVER wrestle in a WWE ring again, nor should he, and he shouldn't wrestle again period; the last few times he wrestled in TNA, he suffered significant injuries requiring surgery. Also, about 8 or 9 weeks ago, Flair was a death's door so nothing remotely physical will ever happen to Flair if/when he sets foot in a WWE ring again.

One reason why I think Jordan is good for this role is because it's something that actually impact his career. Just using the three you mentioned, one problem is that they're all on SmackDown and while I'm sure a "trade" could be made, there's no real point.

When it comes to Styles, he and Angle fought ad nauseam in TNA and Styles is established as a major player in WWE; he's been WWE's in-ring MVP for the last 2 years, he's been 2 time United States Champion and is currently on his 2nd run as WWE Champion, which marks his 9th overall time holding an internationally famous World Championship.

Kevin Owens has been treated as and consistently booked as one of the top players on the main roster since he arrived. Owens has been consistently booked in top programs and many of which have involved him going up against guys like Orton, Cena or Reigns. He's a 3 time US Champ, 2 time Intercontinental Champion and spent 6 months as Universal Champion.

As for Nakamura, even though he's yet to really be in what many would consider a marquee program, he's already established as one of the most over guys on the roster. I wouldn't have an issue with him facing Angle as it'd be much more of a boon to his WWE career than it would for Styles or Owens, but I think there'd be concerns regarding Angle's health in a match with Nakamura; I like Nakamura, but the guy can be a little reckless at times. Nakamura likes to wrestle that stiff, strong style that's common in Japan and maybe it'd give Vince pause to put them in a bout together.

Quote:
Jason Jordan is overrated. I see him as a tag-team wrestler. They should have kept American Alpha, and used someone else for this role. I can't see Jordan ever winning the Universal or WWE Title.
Is he overrated or do you just not like the guy? There's a difference, a major difference, between the two. A couple of years ago, Roman Reigns was overrated, I don't think he is now but he was then. Why? Because he was constantly put into programs and into spots in which he didn't have the ability. However, he's learned and improved since that time to the point that had he started getting those big pushes now, I think it'd be a different story. Right now, Jason Jordan is in the middle of a storyline with a good amount of attention put on it, he's slowly progressing as a character & on working the mic and he's getting strong responses from the fans who're getting into his increasingly heelish behavior while simultaneously putting on strong matches. I don't know if he'll ever be WWE or Universal Champion, I know that he's definitely not ready right now but I'm not going to write him off before he even really gets a chance.

Right now, I think Jordan has done a good job with what he's been given. However, as this story goes on, there'll come a time in which he'll have to step things up a notch during his promos, he'll have to step things up to draw fans into who he is and keep them interested in where he's going. That will be when he'll have to carry as much weight in this program as Angle is and that's when his biggest tests begin.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
First off, I commented on Angle having an illegitimate son. It isn't just the age difference, but the fact that Kurt Angle was meant to be a "moral" upright character who preached old American values and the three "i"s. Now, if he were a heel GM, you could write this off as him being a hypocrite, but as a face, it makes him look like bad. .
I find this a bit insulting, to be honest. Like anyone who has a child outside of marriage or accidentally is a gas person or a hypocrite even if they spend the rest of their life being good?

Not to mention, Kurt in his three i days wasnt moral or upright anyway, he was a cowardly, hypocrite heel most of the time.

The reveal was flat, he was crap as a face, but I think hes nailing it right now. I see his whingey face and want him to get his ass kicked and genuinely look forward to seeing how hes going to manipulate Angle. I think hes good in the ring too.

Its something a bit different too. I imagine its heading towards HHH vs Angle but that Jordan will be involved somehow.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This storyline was worth doing, only if Jordan turns heel.

He's simply not working as a face but has turned into a great heel. If that was intentional, props to WWE. Even if it wasn't, they still have a great heel.

Now he's certainly not great on the mic, but I could see him being one of the few wrestlers who gets actual heat and isn't cheered by any of the crowd.

I'm still a little scared they're intent on pushing him as a face and won't turn him, but hopefully they will. He could be one of the top heels on Raw.

I also wouldn't mind him facing Angle at WrestleMania. I have no interest in Angle vs HHH, which I'm assuming will happen.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:47 AM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

He still needs more improvement in areas but yeah he's getting over just fine as he's a character that can easily get you to hate him and be so annoyed by. He also has that underdog thing down as everybody underestimates him before they get in the ring with him and he proves himself. Guy managed to do the impossible and get Roman Reigns cheered over him. When he turns on Angle and faces him at Wrestlemania, everybody is going to want to see him get his ass kicked, something you can't say about a lot of heels today.

Quote:
Uh, by 2005, Kurt Angle was stalking Sharmell and wanting to have "beastiality sex" with her.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:13 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...Jonyboyuk2 is looking to come up from OCW...

I like the performer- hes a good wrestler. But this is a ridiculous storyline. Reminds me of the Hornswoggle storyline where he was Vince's son and the mysterious GM. Not sure what the pay-off will be with this story - even if he turns on Angle or Angle turns on him - it was such a quickly put together story it won't capture peoples imagination.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 AM

TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...

I would put him with Heyman. He has all the skills in the world and I love watching him in the ring, but when he speaks hes beyond annoying.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:25 PM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Jason Jordan being pushed due to being chosen to be the son of Kurt Angle in a storyline was a BAD idea. It's been forced and difficult to watch. Jordan's good in the ring, and.... that's it. His mic skills are horrible and I struggle to find a reason to care about anything the guy does. In American Alpha fans got behind them as a team more due to Gable than anything. Without that team, Jason Jordan is nothing. It was the worst storyline of 2017 and it needs to end. The most entertaining thing Jordan ever did was throw vegetables at Elias at TLC. He could have done that with or without this stupid storyline. Really not sure what the WWE were thinking with this one. It did get Jordan some more exposure though at the end of the day he will end up being remembered as the guy they pretended was Kurt's son.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:25 AM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Firstly, it is ridiculous that Kurt Angle could have a son Jordan's age, and who doesn't even look like him. Either have him be Vince or Ric Flair's son, and then get someone who actually looks a little bit like him.
Kurt could easily have a son that age. But, it is an embarrassing storyline in a lot of ways. The out of wedlock thing isn't a big deal. Kurt was a hypocritical heel for a while.

While it's getting Jordan some good TV time, this angle has little to no shelf life, and I don't see a major push coming out of it; a major burying is way more likely.