WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Jason Jordan: Stroke of Genius or a Bad Decision?

Jason Jordan is probably the most interesting character in WWE right now. 2017 has been a great year for the former American Alpha member, mainly because he has been given an opportunity to have an original character in the midst of a generic and beaten to a pulp midcard.

He discovered he had an Hall of Fame father, a former World Champion with big shoes to fill. Also, Raw's General Manager. He's been given an outlet to perform at the highest level against the highest competitors and showing he can hang. He's also been given a microphone and a way to go from the cookie cutter generic wrestler to a sophisticated face/heel dynamic.

It's all in the little things. I mean, he shows no fear going against the best of the best. Yet, he's such an annoying character asking his father for opportunities after failling time and time again. It's easy to hate a guy like that, because most likely we know a guy like him, who has a father with money or some power to give them opportunities that we would love to have. They are usually mediocre and if we could, we would punch them in the mouth too. In the most recent Raw he actually pulled some emotional manipulation by calling his father by his first name, instead of the usual "dad", just because he didn't have what he wanted.

I don't know where's that leading. One hopes to an Angle vs. Jordan match, with the father teaching the son a lesson for being a pain in the ass. But I for one am enjoying the heck out of this. However, I've read that some of you actually don't like the character or the guy for some reason, ence this thread.

Where do you think this is all leading? Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth? Did WWE choose the right man for the character?

Have fun!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:52 PM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Hit Prince View Post
Jason Jordan is probably the most interesting character in WWE right now. 2017 has been a great year for the former American Alpha member, mainly because he has been given an opportunity to have an original character in the midst of a generic and beaten to a pulp midcard.

He discovered he had an Hall of Fame father, a former World Champion with big shoes to fill. Also, Raw's General Manager. He's been given an outlet to perform at the highest level against the highest competitors and showing he can hang. He's also been given a microphone and a way to go from the cookie cutter generic wrestler to a sophisticated face/heel dynamic.

It's all in the little things. I mean, he shows no fear going against the best of the best. Yet, he's such an annoying character asking his father for opportunities after failling time and time again. It's easy to hate a guy like that, because most likely we know a guy like him, who has a father with money or some power to give them opportunities that we would love to have. They are usually mediocre and if we could, we would punch them in the mouth too. In the most recent Raw he actually pulled some emotional manipulation by calling his father by his first name, instead of the usual "dad", just because he didn't have what he wanted.

I don't know where's that leading. One hopes to an Angle vs. Jordan match, with the father teaching the son a lesson for being a pain in the ass. But I for one am enjoying the heck out of this. However, I've read that some of you actually don't like the character or the guy for some reason, ence this thread.

Where do you think this is all leading? Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth? Did WWE choose the right man for the character?

Have fun!
I think it is one of the most embarrasing storylines WWE has ever done.

Firstly, it is ridiculous that Kurt Angle could have a son Jordan's age, and who doesn't even look like him. Either have him be Vince or Ric Flair's son, and then get someone who actually looks a little bit like him.

Secondly, when it was revealed, I felt the air go out of the room. People were excited with the impending announcement, hoping it would be Dixie Carter joining RAW, or that it was an affair with Stephanie, which would lead to a program with Triple H at WM (and finish that storyline from years ago which ended abruptly without an ending to it). Instead, it was some "illegitimate son".

Thirdly, Jason Jordan is the wrong person for this. He doesn't look like Kurt, and also, he lacks his charisma. You need someone who is better on the mike than this. People are annoyed with him because he sucks as a singles competitor, not because he acts "entitled".

He would have been better staying with American Alpha. They had potential to do great things on SD Live, if used right, and, at the time, they had already broken up Enzo and Cass, and the Golden Truth. The last thing WWE needed was to break up a third team, especially one with as much potential as "American Alpha". The only good that has come of this is the return of Shelton Benjamin.

Fourthly, Kurt Angle used to put himself across as the paragon of virtue, who had integrity, and acted moral. Having a child out of wedlock then makes him look like a hypocrite.

Fifthly, I don't think there should be an Angle v Jordan match. I don't think Angle can do singles matches anymore (because of his neck. Have you noticed how his two matches so far have been multi-man matches where he doesn't have to fight the whole match himself). Also, if Angle does a return singles match, it needs to be against a bigger opponent than Jason Jordan. I can't see Angle wrestling full time, so he needs to fight "big" opponents, like Triple H or A.J. Styles or someone, not someone like Jordan.

So, in closing, I don't enjoy the storyline and think that it could have been used with different people involved. If WWE wanted Jason Jordan on Raw so badly, why not just move him in a draft lottery, rather than this silly premise.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:05 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's a bad decision but thankfully the WWE has an out with this only because of the nature of his father storyline with Kurt Angle.

In that Jason Jordan is not Angle's son and that he and the Authority (Triple H, Steph) falsified information and documents for whatever reason.

Still dumb but at least the story does have a somewhat acceptable "eject button"
Old 12-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I like where it’s been going a lot more since really he was taken out of the Survivor Series match. He is an annoying character, what a perfect heel. Kind of old school instead of liking the heel nowadays. Sure is he average on the mic but at least it wasn’t Roman Reigns bad when he started his singles run. I’ve liked his matches so much more since he has split with Gable. He has improved a lot if you ask me. Can I see him as a consistent main eventer? Not at the moment, he still needs to improve but if he continues the steady growth he has since he split with Gable then I can definitely see him sitting near the top of the card for a while. Give him a few good wins so after he splits with Kurt he can legitimately make a case for not getting big matches instead of just asking his dad and all should be sweet. He is nowhere near an act I am waiting to see each week but I will say he has improved, his character is working and has got management behind him it seems so sky can be the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 12-12-2017, 07:30 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

legendkiller1979 is looking to come up from OCW...legendkiller1979 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's going to get him over. This isn't new. How many time has someone been beyond annoying and gotten themselves over? I think we all remember how ridiculous the new day were when they started. It's going to work.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

It's really a terrific character and storyline arc. The WWE writers (i.e. the biggest heels in the WWE) deserve so much credit for this. They haven't made the story so obvious and it can still go in any number of directions.

Look at the fan reaction that Roman got on the show that he worked with Jordan. That was incredible. Fans are mad with Jason Jordan and they want him stopped. Fans like d_henderson1810 are so irate that it has either made him bad at math or forget when boys go through puberty.

Jordan gets heat. I wonder how many people who hate Jordan also say that they "cringe every time Stephanie speaks"? They are similar characters in that they are wrestling royalty offspring who are "trying" to be their parents but are different and therefore perceived to be failing in their attempted roles. It's great but ultimately a far bigger challenge for Jordan to continue since at some point he needs to evolve and further get over as a singles competitor. This can happen any number of ways or not happen at all. I'm excited about this. It's probably my #1 reason to watch Raw since Survivor Series.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:08 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

I like Jason Jordan but not the storyline about him being Angle's father. No one's buying it and I know Wrestling is scripted and there's some fiction involved but Pro-Wrestling is a different beast that sets itself apart from Movies and TV. In that there's a component of the real world that exist in Wrestling because of the participation of the audience and how people's careers transcends beyond a certain promotion.

The bigger problem is that the Angle/Jason Jordan father son reveal came after the WWE's Networks 24 which an emotional real life look of Kurt Angle his about his successes, struggles, and redemption. It showed his family, his children, and him fighting his demons.

It was real then some time later we are presented with a bogus father/son storyline it felt like it was mocking what was presented in the WWE 24.

I think the storyline is dumb, I still do and will probably always will. That's not to say there isn't value to it as Jason Jordan might get over some day. The same way how I felt about the Eddie Guerroer/Mysterio/Dominic angle it was a dumb storyline but because Mysterio and Guerrero were so good that it helped Mysterio get over as a main eventer. Though if Jordan does get over, like that Mysterio story line, it will be despite the terrible story line and more on the talent.

Thankfully WWE has an out in that Jordan can say he was never Angle's father to turn him heel. Though I suspect this might make Angle look like a complete idiot that he fell for something the fans weren't.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A lot of people criticized him as not getting over as a face, but I have also seen a rare person here and there say he was obviously meant to really be a heel months back. I wasn't sure to be honest. I wasn't too invested and felt pretty indifferent, but if you really sit down and analyze it there are a lot of cool things going on with him. If all of it was just to turn him into an entitled bratty heel the story line is actually pretty great.

I've seen some people bust out the "Insulting my intelligence" meme online about the angle considering he looks quite different from Kurt and what not. Considering we're talking WWE here I'm not sure where they have been since the mid 80's. After watching that abomination of a match between Strowman and Kane I'm not sure what these people consider not to be low brow or insulting. Everything on RAW is child friendly and there is no conviction in anything the "Superstars" say or even do.

I want to believe WWE made this a long term story line, because that'd be great. However it is WWE. I just can't believe this was their intention and was more of just a failed push. This is the company that has had multiple years, millions of dollars, sold out stadiums, an entire roster of star ready and established legends, and endless exposure on both television and PPV and still could not get one guy over. Pretending they actually give a shit about anything behind a single day is really hard to do considering the last 2 decades showing otherwise outside rare examples.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:43 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

"Where do you think this is all leading?" - As of right now, I think it's ultimately leading to a Jordan heel turn and a possible match with Kurt Angle and WrestleMania. I've been very vocal about being against so many part timers wrestling at the biggest show of the year but at least this match would be an opportunity to elevate a young, fresh face on the roster. I don't want to see Angle vs. Triple H or Angle vs. Rock or whatever as I've no interest in seeing Attitude Era feuds rehashed; I loved the AE as much as anyone, it was a really fun and innovative time for wrestling but I'm interested in the here & now and the future rather than nostalgia. If they're going to have Angle wrestle at the biggest show of the year, then his opponent should be someone who has something to be gained from the match.

"Is it been entertaining seeing Jason Jordan's growth?" - I've enjoyed watching things happen with Jordan and I especially like the fact that WWE has been taking its time with him. This isn't a case where they've put him in a high profile storyline and then tried to elevate him to main event status within the span of a couple of months and it makes me happy to no end that they recognized and were aware of the fact that Jordan needs work. He's progressing nicely, he's making solid steps forward and he's already going the route of being a worthy heel. I've enjoyed that they haven't gone the route of making him a chicken shit heel as it's just not something that I think would work for him. While they're going the slow route of a full heel turn, they're keeping it in the forefront of the minds of fans that Jordan can really go in the ring, that he's a potential threat to anyone on the roster, as his match with Reigns decidedly showed. Was all this intentional or was it an example of WWE adapting along the way? Truth is, I don't really care because what's going on is working and that's really all that matters when it's all said and done.

"Did WWE choose the right man for the character?" - When it comes to a character like this and a story arc, you need someone that's a fresh face, someone who hasn't been solidified into a specific way in the minds of fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
Firstly, it is ridiculous that Kurt Angle could have a son Jordan's age, and who doesn't even look like him. Either have him be Vince or Ric Flair's son, and then get someone who actually looks a little bit like him.
What's ridiculous is that you think a 49 year old man can't have a 29 year old son. People in their late teens and early 20s have children all the time, so I have no idea where this logic came from. And you seriously would prefer they went down the road of having him bein Vince McMahon's or Ric Flair's son? Now THAT is a ridiculous notion; for one reason, we've already gone down the road of Vince having an illegitimate son, it was originally supposed to be Mr. Kennedy but he was injured, yet again, so the idea was turned into a comedy angle in which Vince's illegitimate son was Hornswoggle. Authority figures are on TV enough as it is and seeing this one gobble up TV time isn't all that interesting a prospect. As for having him be Ric Flair's son, you think he could potentially bear more of a resemblance to Flair than he does to Angle? Jordan does bear something of a resemblance to Angle, some of their facial features are similar, Angle's tan gives him roughly the same skin complexion and Jordan had adopted some of Angle's in-ring mannerisms long before this storyline came about, so these are enough for a wrestling storyline like this one. Another reason why they were right in going with Angle is because unlike Vince and Flair, Angle is still able to wrestle without undue risk of injury or embarrassing himself if that's a direction they choose to take the story, though it's entirely possible an eventual in-ring clash between them has been the plan all along.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jordan is a great wrestler. He's had some pretty high profile matches and his match with Reigns was one of the more memorable matches on Raw in quite some time. He's got tremendous skill in the ring and I don't think that comes off as a surprise. He and Gable had a pretty great streak in NXT continuously putting on the match of the night at nearly every Takeover. His in ring skills are great there's no question about it. It's the everything else that's kind of screwing him up.

The whole "but Daaaaaaad" thing is turning me off in a pretty big way. Not only is the angle fairly cringeworthy, it feels too forced. It all started off interesting enough. Kurt had a secret or whatever. The storyline had potential. It had potential to go a number of different ways than the one they went with. When the big reveal happened everyone was like "really?" and that was that. Jordan is pretty basic when it comes to personality but he had enough going for him without this angle.

If their end game is indeed a match with Angle, hopefully it ends with Jordan telling Kurt he isn't really his son. Realistically, I guess whatever they're doing is working. If I'm hating him he's doing his job. Whether that's intentional or not on Jordan's or WWE's part has yet to be figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Look at the fan reaction that Roman got on the show that he worked with Jordan. That was incredible. Fans are mad with Jason Jordan and they want him stopped.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice this. The WWE has a great heel on their hands if Jordan can get Roman cheered. Im hopeful we'll see a program between the two over the Intercontinental Championship before we get to Wrestlemania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.