WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-14-2017, 03:01 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It probably would if the bottom line of the company was anything approaching healthy, but the problem is that money has been its biggest issue for years. As has been pointed out, there's a never ending battle to cut costs and it's pretty much impossible for them to operate any way other than with the current format. A lot of talent has been leaving the company for a while now and it's because they're simply not making enough money; that'll probably be what happens when the contracts of wrestlers like Lashley run out. TNA/Impact, whatever, can no longer afford the sort of guaranteed deals that the bigger names in the company had, which means they'll be heading back to a per appearance deal most likely.

In some ways, however, that might be a blessing in disguise as the company has an opportunity to get back to its roots to some degree. Maybe the best thing they can do is to go back to where 95% of the roster is made up of mostly unknown indie talent who aren't big enough stars to command big money. Will it help grow the company? It's possible, though it'll take years and a lot of work to get back to where they were just 5 years ago and I don't know that viewership will be any worse when you consider the show only draws probably 230,000 to 300,000 viewers, and the 300,000 is for a particularly strong show, so it's not exactly like the bigger names they have now are delivering big numbers.

Simply put, they're just doing the best they can with the limited resources they've got. For a lot of years, that was how the company operated until Dixie Carter started flushing millions upon millions of dollars down the toilet with one bad decision after another. It may not be entirely fair to put the blame all on her, but she deserves most of it as she controlled the company checkbook until Mom stepped in, though it was too little too late by then.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:27 PM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

They have to fix the front office and payroll first. They are a mess the way the company is run as evident by this past year.

They need a mix of new guys and established talent to go along with compelling storylines in order to get viewership and merchandise sales up. Then once they do that they need to get on a bigger tv network. A Spike tv deal like how Bellator is the alternative to UFC would give them a wider audience to showcase their wrestlers.

All of this starts with how their business is run. You can't retain talents and sign other established talents from indies or away from WWE and present a quality product that will help attract a better tv deal if you don't have your money situation right. If you as a wrestler, who had at least a recognizable name, knew wrestlers with that company who are barely being paid or not receiving their checks when they are supposed to because of financial problems, why would you sign with them.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:43 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel like Anthem didn't realize how bad the situation was when they bought the company from Panda Energy. They only saw that the ratings we're up a little bit and that it was one of their highest rated show on the fight network and they wanted to keep it alive. Then they bought it but the problem was that billy corgan who was one of the main reason the product felt fresh again, wasn't with the company anymore because he got screwed over by Dixie. Then they tried to renegotiate some of the bigger contracts by low balling some of their talents like Drew Galloway and the hardy's and they left i went to WWE where they are really happy right now.

Then to make matter worst, they brought in Jarrett because he was able to sell them a bill of good and they bought it because of his history with the company and look what happened. Jarrett got release because of his personal demons showing up again. So they we'Re screwed again.

Things are so bad at Anthem right now that they had to lay off employees from the fight network because they don'T have enough money to run Impact anymore so they take money from they're other company.

I feel right now that the best thing for Anthem right now, would to try and get somebody that can turn the product around at minimal cost or just sell everything to whoever wants to own the video library because at the rate they are going, it's not just Impact that will go under but i fear that the fight network might go under as well.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:14 AM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFG View Post
When I got into watching TNA (as it was) they were taping 3 week schedules. If your a company taping on a 6 week schedule then your future is bleak, if ECIII, Lashley & Eddie Edwards are all leaving come February then they may as well just pull the plug.
I think you're overrating the name value of EC3, Lashley and Edwards. We've seen much bigger names walk out the door of the Impact Zone many times, and it never mattered much. Even losing AJ Styles didn't really hit until Spike dropped them.

Quote:
Impact has been on life support for some time now, I think 2018 might be the end.
This has to be true sooner or later, but we've said it so many times and been wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I feel like Anthem didn't realize how bad the situation was when they bought the company from Panda Energy.
That's quite likely. I wonder if they even asked themselves why they were fighting so hard to keep TNA out of Billy Corgan's hands. IF it was just about having programming for the Fight NEtwork, why not let Corgan have majority control?

Or maybe they quickly realized that Corgan was difficult to work with as a partner?

Quote:
I feel right now that the best thing for Anthem right now, would to try and get somebody that can turn the product around at minimal cost
The problem is, who is that guy, and how do you know? Nobody's done it before, except maybe for a couple of guys who are or were working at Ring of Honor. And ROH was usually running out of money before Sinclair bought them out.

Quote:
...at the rate they are going, it's not just Impact that will go under but i fear that the fight network might go under as well.
That's a very live possibility. When Anthem bought Impact, there was the general impression that since the Aspers had been in control of a billion-dollar Canadian media empire, that the Aspers were billionaires or close to it. When the truth is the Aspers were using their money to leverage a lot of other-peoples-money, and that collapsed on them. The Aspers don't have near-billionaire money, and the mega-millions they do have they aren't going to pour down the rabbit hole of pro wrestling.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:21 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

The issue of losing talent isn't one of losing specific individuals. It's in the sum value of the losses, because they tend to occur in bunches.

Any company can take the hit of losing a top competitor to free agency and survive it just fine, but to take successive hits the way Impact does without suffering a knockout loss is just incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:22 PM

GhettoV1 is looking to come up from OCW...

I bet Anthem has the WWE's number near by to call them to sell Impact Wrestling.