WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-13-2017, 09:29 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Yet when They do it with the bludgeon brothers on smackdown, it's mostly week one of the highest rated segment on smackdown. When they we'Re doing it with Strowman last year, that segment did very well in the ratings.
Any sources for this? I seriously doubt that squash matches are some of the highest rated segments.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:44 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Yes it has. Raw got into a "lull" the moment Brock Lesnar took the Universal Championship hostage. The whole point, within kayfabe, of being a wrestler should be to become a World Champion. I've argued this ever since Brock's other instance of holding a world title hostage. It defeats the purpose of the others being there if there is no top prize up for grabs. Roman having won the Intercontinental Championship made things even worse. Guys like Balor, Strowman, and Joe deserve to have some kind of goal to aim for. I'd argue Seth and Dean are on that list as well of guys who deserve that top prize opportunity, if they weren't tied up feuding with The Bar over the Tag Team Championship. The women have been doing good, but the mens' singles division on Raw has been dying a slow painful death for the past year. Right now there is literally NOTHING for the singles stars. I hate it. With the exception of the Great Balls Of Fire and Summerslam PPV cycles, Smackdown has been the superior brand. With Jinder Mahal as the blue brand's World Champion for most of that timeframe. Let that sink in. Once we have gotten past Roman VS Brock and can all finally move on with our lives, then Raw might exit the "lull" that we are all stuck in due to Vince's stubbornness in forcing Reigns into a top star position.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:51 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
Yes it has. Raw got into a "lull" the moment Brock Lesnar took the Universal Championship hostage. The whole point, within kayfabe, of being a wrestler should be to become a World Champion. I've argued this ever since Brock's other instance of holding a world title hostage. It defeats the purpose of the others being there if there is no top prize up for grabs. Roman having won the Intercontinental Championship made things even worse. Guys like Balor, Strowman, and Joe deserve to have some kind of goal to aim for. I'd argue Seth and Dean are on that list as well of guys who deserve that top prize opportunity, if they weren't tied up feuding with The Bar over the Tag Team Championship. The women have been doing good, but the mens' singles division on Raw has been dying a slow painful death for the past year. Right now there is literally NOTHING for the singles stars. I hate it. With the exception of the Great Balls Of Fire and Summerslam PPV cycles, Smackdown has been the superior brand. With Jinder Mahal as the blue brand's World Champion for most of that timeframe. Let that sink in. Once we have gotten past Roman VS Brock and can all finally move on with our lives, then Raw might exit the "lull" that we are all stuck in due to Vince's stubbornness in forcing Reigns into a top star position.
I have to agree, RAW has been crap for most of the year. What with one belt not on TV three quarters of the time and the other now held by Reigns, everyone is just standing around scratching their butts.

Usually I try to make it home in time to watch RAW, but lately with work and being December with Christmas coming, I don't even try anymore. We DVR it and watch the interesting parts a couple of days later. If I don't have time to do that I just read KB's review and quite honestly I haven't missed much. That goes for Smackdown as well. Wrestling is the drizzling shits right now.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:08 PM

DaleBryan is looking to come up from OCW...DaleBryan is looking to come up from OCW...

It definitely has.

You were right they are trying things (Woken Matt Hardy, Absolution, and Jason Jordan’s vendetta against Samoa Joe, Samoa Joe in general are all slow burns that could turn into something nice.)

However, there are quite a few things they’re doing wrong. The whole Kane/Lesnar/Strowman thing is a waste of time unless they surprise us all and have Strowman win. But it will likely be Lesnar pinning Kane at the Rumble, so where does Strowman go from there? Feud with Triple H? Eh.

The Shield reunion was executed horribly and has been so lackluster. I usually fast forward through all of their matches. Plus if I have to see another version of Seth & Dean vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (whether it’s singles or tag matches) I may go all Mankind on myself and rip all my hair out. They do the same things every single week. Hopefully we’ll get Dean turning on Seth sooner rather than later. But Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins already seems to be way over done, even though it’s been a full year since they’ve feuded.

Finn Balor. What in the actual fook are they doing with Finn Balor? He either should have been the guy to beat Miz for the IC title (especially since he is in a pointless feud with Axel & Dallas ever since Miz left.) Or they need to just put him in the Cruiserweight Division. I know everyone has a strong opinion on that topic one way or another. But there’s no reason he couldn’t challenge for the CWC at Mania then once that storyline was over he could get back out of the division, whether he finds someone new to feud with or traded to SDL. Also why not team him up with Gallows and Anderson???? I was totally expecting them to come out for the save last night, instead we got Hideo. That’s fine and all, but where’s it leading?

The women’s division on Raw isnt terrible. It’s just a little confusing. Who’s a face? Who’s a heel? Last night I actually forgot Alexa was the champion. She was just another girl in the ring last night. She should be made special and should stand out more. Come the next superstar shake up, the women’s rosters desperately need to be switched up. I do like that they are focusing on other girls though. Absolution has their own storylines going, they’re building Asuka up, Not sure I love what they’re doing with Nia - but I suppose it’s better than being pinned by Sasha every week. It hasn’t all been about Bayley and Sasha wanting to both be champion but also being besties and I guess I can appreciate that fact.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:32 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Last night was the first night I managed to sit down and watch an episode of RAW in a few weeks and what a disappointment.

It seems like I never left. Other than the Matt Hardy becoming broken again, there really hasn't been much progress in the last two months. I didn't even make it to the end of the show, fell asleep early and missed the end of the show.

Tonight I'll give Smackdown a go, but to be perfectly honest both brands have been a huge disappointment for the longest time now. They have the talent, but the booking just horrible.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...
Default Why do I keep doing this?

Raw has been in a lull since 1999. It's (now three hour) sports entertainment. It is not Game of Thrones or Stranger Things. It's closer to House Hunters or Pawn Stars. A massive amount of formulaic content. It has its moments, spots, surprises, and occasionally interesting writing. I remember way back in the glory years watching Raw and looking at the time and wondering when Stone Cold would come out and do the same kick everyone in the stomach and stun them routine I has seen for the past two years. But it's overall a lull show. 25 years will do that.

Throw in the fact that Raw hasn't really had anything to build to since October and it may feel more stagnant. Survivor Series in November was cross brand, no PPV in December, and the Rumble in January puts most of its top talent in to one match.

So what you are getting now is filler. And do you realize what they are mostly using to fill the time the past few weeks that we don't get the rest of the year?

Wrestling! Long matches performed by the people the IWC claims to love. Rollins is working his ass off lately. Cesaro is killing himself every week. Ambrose just put himself out of action. Joe is running the fat off his ass from working so hard. And Jordan, the guy has wrestled a ton of time over the past month and I'm sorry if some fans can't realize what his character is supposed to be. We're supposed to be the smarks and fans think he is supposed to be some hero when he is actually supposed to be "Die Rocky Die!". As much as we may be sick of Kane, the destruction he and Braun have put each other through has to have some appeal, I'm sure some people still watch wrestling partially for the violence.

But don't take my word for it. Keep up the generic whining and then keep watching. Believe the hype that things will get better for WM season and then go sit through the same HHH returns from February through March and ask yourself if this is really worth the hype or just the same old shit with different, older, more famous players leading to a bigger stage. And keep feeding in to the bullshit from the OP who posted this on the same day that he started this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanfreakinReigns View Post
I just discovered this subsection, and since I'm no longer an Internet/Socialmedia person and barely watch Wrestling
Barely watch wrestling = here are my opinions on a plethora of items.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

It'll never happen because they earn too much money commercially but I'd reduce RAW from 3hrs to 2hrs, if need be broadcast a 1/2 hr recap/preview beforehand on WWE Network or TV.

Certain segments on RAW either go on too long and lose it's point or they're on the show just to eat up time.

Keep RAW to 2hrs, put on good shows and it leaves the fans wanting more, especially if you've got talent that aren't wrestling every week due to time constraints.