WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-10-2017, 05:30 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
I wish people would stop comparing Rousey to Lesnar. Lesnar has, whether you like it or not, a rich history in Pro Wrestling. He has been WWE Champion before he went to the UFC. He wrestled in New Japan after leaving the WWE. Went to the UFC AFTER his stint in NJPW. He was actually BETTER now than he was in his first stint in the WWE. Couple that with a true amateur wrestling background, and you can see why Lesnar is believable in the ring.

Rousey is an Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo. Yes, she won the UFC strap. Her last two fights Rousey was completely destroyed. Other than that? Nothing. No Pro Wrestling experience whatsoever. This means she needs to learn from scratch. That is the scary part, because I fear they are going to strap a rocket to her back because of her UFC history. That would be a mistake. In reality it would also be an injustice to WWE AND to Rousey. Send her to NXT. Train her right. Let her go under Sara Amato's wing. Let Rousey wrestle people like Aliyah. Let her work her way to the Main Event. If she does well, then the money and effort will be well spent. If she mails it in, then it won't. But, a rocket strapped to her back is NOT the answer.
You NXT fanboys don't want any Diva to ever beat Asuka, do you?

You would be happy if Asuka retired undefeated, no matter how boring that would be.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If she signs, Kurt Angle will no longer be able to call himself the only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history.

If the rumours of a potential women's Royal Rumble are true, I would debut her there and have her win it. Then demolish Alexa Bliss at Mania in record time to finally set up a showdown between her and Asuka at Summerslam or Wrestlemania 35 whatever. Whatever the case, this is huge for the WWE.

There's no doubt about it Rousey transcended women as athletes. You could perhaps even contribute her success to the success of the women's revolution in the WWE. I don't see a problem with her doing a bit of training and going straight to the main roster. The Rousey name is still a big name in pop culture. Her fame has diminished slightly but she's still a draw and I defy you to come up with anyone on the WWE roster who can match even an eighth of her notoriety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
Send her to NXT. Train her right. Let her go under Sara Amato's wing. Let Rousey wrestle people like Aliyah. Let her work her way to the Main Event. If she does well, then the money and effort will be well spent. If she mails it in, then it won't. But, a rocket strapped to her back is NOT the answer.
Gotta disagree with this for the most part.

The transition from mma to wrestling is alot easier than the transition from wrestling to mma so it isn't really a problem for Rousey. For example Matt Riddle was a mma fighter turned wrestler that was paid to hurt people for a living. He did a bit of training and worked for EVOLVE where his work rate was praised for his ability to connect with the crowd. Rousey can do the same. She's managed to be the crowd favorite in just about any of her fights which shows her ability to connect fairly well.

From Riddle:
Quote:
"I had to learn to ease up. I was used to grappling intensely, using my body weight and holds to exhaust guys. Another big thing was learning to telegraph my moves Ė in a real fight, obviously you donít want to show whatís coming, but now itís all about setups and fakes, cocking your arm back before you throw a punch so the crowd anticipates what youíre doing."
If Riddle can do it, with Rousey's determination to be number one at everything she does, she can too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:00 AM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by #hamler View Post
If she signs, Kurt Angle will no longer be able to call himself the only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history.
Sure he can, because he'd still be the only one. Ronda Rousey won a bronze medal in the 70kg weight class at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China. She won the gold medal in the same weight class during the Pan America Games a year earlier.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-28-2017, 02:53 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

In a perfect world, this is a great idea. Ronda Rousey, who is probably the biggest female draw in all of sports (or at least was), is coming to WWE? That sounds great on paper. She'll make money and can revive her career. WWE will get exposure and make money. What's not to love? Well, a few things actually.

Rousey is not a wrestler. I don't see how you can get around that, and although she was a fighter, that's just not the same. Sasha started training in 2008. Becky started in 2002. Paige started wrestling at 13 years old in 2005. Yes there have been fast learners, most notably Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle, but they are the exceptions. Training to be a wrestler and actually being good at it are things that take a long time.

And besides how big of a draw is Rousey? She lost a lot of her star power after her last two defeats.

And I don't want to see her squashing everyone. I would much rather see Charlotte vs Becky and Asuka vs Alexa/Bayley/Sasha at Mania instead.

So although this could work out, I think the chances are pretty slim.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:16 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

If she comes in with the right mindset and is used properly this could be outstanding, and also mega-bucks.

Two very big "ifs" unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Perhaps, then, you really are an idiot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Sam View Post
If there's one thing missing from Britain's annual Royal Rumble meet-ups, it's us chucking each other about in excitement.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
You NXT fanboys don't want any Diva to ever beat Asuka, do you?

You would be happy if Asuka retired undefeated, no matter how boring that would be.
Diva, in the way of Nikki Bella, Alicia Fox or Carmella? They could not touch Asuka if they tried. A WRESTLER in the way of Kairi Sane or someone else in the pipeline who was going to be designated as "THE" Woman, I would have no problem. Remember, Asuka is the only person that gives the WWE Women's Division any credibility at all. Remember, for many years, the Divas were seen as an afterthought, a "potty break". Asuka coming over was the shot in the arm. Kairi Hojo does not come NEAR WWE if Asuka did not test the water. So, if Asuka is to give someone a rub, let her give it for the right reasons, not because someone is this huge pop culture star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #hamler View Post
There's no doubt about it Rousey transcended women as athletes. You could perhaps even contribute her success to the success of the women's revolution in the WWE. I don't see a problem with her doing a bit of training and going straight to the main roster. The Rousey name is still a big name in pop culture. Her fame has diminished slightly but she's still a draw and I defy you to come up with anyone on the WWE roster who can match even an eighth of her notoriety.

Gotta disagree with this for the most part.

The transition from mma to wrestling is alot easier than the transition from wrestling to mma so it isn't really a problem for Rousey. For example Matt Riddle was a mma fighter turned wrestler that was paid to hurt people for a living. He did a bit of training and worked for EVOLVE where his work rate was praised for his ability to connect with the crowd. Rousey can do the same. She's managed to be the crowd favorite in just about any of her fights which shows her ability to connect fairly well.

From Riddle:

If Riddle can do it, with Rousey's determination to be number one at everything she does, she can too.
Hamler, notice what I highlighted: "Pop culture". This is the ONLY reason that people want to risk other wrestler's well being. Rousey is what she is right now: A broken-down MMA fighter, who was utterly DESTROYED in her last two fights, looking for her next paycheck. That is the God's honest truth. If she REALLY wants to be a WWE "Superstar", she NEEDS go about it the RIGHT way. She neds to learn how to tell a story, how to sell, how to hit WITHOUT hurting someone. And, learn that her opponent NEEDS to be able to trust Ronda so that she can go home in one piece. To quote Al Snow from a Tough Enough several years back, in fact, he said this to the man who would be called The Boogeyman "The first word in this business you learn is "Trust"" Then, he told him to get out of his ring for lying about his age. If you just let Rousey in with NO Pro Wrestling training, and the boys on Raw/SD will NOT have the time to train her right. What do you think the reaction will be if one of those women in the locker room, some who have trained for many years, when they have to wrestle someone who just walked in off the street, with little training, if any, in the WWE style? It would the same if you brought in Sexy Star. They cannot trust that Sexy Star won't beat the shit out of them for real for any little or perceived transgression. You cannot trust that Rousey would know what she is doing if you just stick her in a WWE ring without learning the WWE style.

In closing, the money for Rousey WILL still be there if you do it the right way. Send her to NXT to learn the "business". If she has the right attitude, the money will be pouring in. She will have a long career in the business. If she comes in with a "I am a pop culture icon" mentality, it will show, and EVERYONE will shit all over her AND WWE for strapping a rocket to someone that did not earn it the right way. If, like Matt Riddle is saying, she is determined to be the best, she would have NO problems starting in NXT.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:08 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I really, really, REALLY hope that if Ronda debuts for the WWE that it's done incorporating two circumstances.

Circumstance A: Ronda is paired with Paul Heyman. Keep Ronda's mic work short and sweet. She's a cultural icon, there's mystery to her. Make her so focused that all she does is death stare the tv audience. Paul is at his best when he's playing a hype magnet for someone who's already over as a badass. I'll be more entertained, and the WWE will make exponentially more amounts of money if they do this.

Circumstance B: Debut her at the women's Royal Rumble. This one is a no-brainer, it's the difference between the Royal Rumble being so-so or fucking awesome. Have Ronda clear the ring, and hype the crowd while waiting for her next opponent. There is so much potential for both Ronda and the PPV if they go this route.

Obviously if Ronda isn't ready, then we won't see her until she's ready. I don't want the WWE to rush her to the ring, or have her wander around as an enforcer for her posse who doesn't actually do anything as a wrestler. If she isn't ready by the Royal Rumble, I don't want to see her forced into that situation.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:22 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
Circumstance A: Ronda is paired with Paul Heyman. Keep Ronda's mic work short and sweet. She's a cultural icon, there's mystery to her. Make her so focused that all she does is death stare the tv audience. Paul is at his best when he's playing a hype magnet for someone who's already over as a badass. I'll be more entertained, and the WWE will make exponentially more amounts of money if they do this.
Why would you take the microphone away from the biggest selling female combat sports athlete ever, who was extremely entertaining on the microphone and whose trash talk was amazing? Why remove the best tool she has for professional wrestling and therefore highlight what is sure to be her weakness; the in-ring performance?

It really makes zero sense if you've actually followed Ronda Rousey's career for more than a cup of coffee.

I'm pretty confident that most people here have probably only looked at Rousey's wiki or something. The arguments about her last two fights and star power are legit cringeworthy.

Last edited by Da Prophet : 12-30-2017 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:53 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
I'm pretty confident that most people here have probably only looked at Rousey's wiki or something. The arguments about her last two fights and star power are legit cringeworthy.
Her star power is clearly down after losing her last two fights.

There's no way to know what her star power is now.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:28 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
Her star power is clearly down after losing her last two fights.

There's no way to know what her star power is now.
Maybe not, but the fact that she'd be the biggest star to ever hit women's wrestling is still undoubtable.