WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post

Rousey is an Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo. Yes, she won the UFC strap. Her last two fights Rousey was completely destroyed. Other than that? Nothing. No Pro Wrestling experience whatsoever. This means she needs to learn from scratch. That is the scary part, because I fear they are going to strap a rocket to her back because of her UFC history. That would be a mistake. In reality it would also be an injustice to WWE AND to Rousey. Send her to NXT. Train her right. Let her go under Sara Amato's wing. Let Rousey wrestle people like Aliyah. Let her work her way to the Main Event. If she does well, then the money and effort will be well spent. If she mails it in, then it won't. But, a rocket strapped to her back is NOT the answer.
If you really think they got Rousey to have her in developmental and not in high profile matches at big PPVs, then sorry, you are delusional. Rousey is there to be legit from start, not some nobody who starts at NXT. She is there to be kick ass, and that means to beat some serious competition from start. That is not NXT, more likely that means more like Bliss, Bayley, Sasha and anybody else until you build someone like Asuka or Charlotte to get that rub.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:22 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
If you really think they got Rousey to have her in developmental and not in high profile matches at big PPVs, then sorry, you are delusional. Rousey is there to be legit from start, not some nobody who starts at NXT. She is there to be kick ass, and that means to beat some serious competition from start. That is not NXT, more likely that means more like Bliss, Bayley, Sasha and anybody else until you build someone like Asuka or Charlotte to get that rub.
Exactly.

Ronda Rousey is gonna be a big money draw that garners mainstream attention; she knows it, WWE knows it and, as a result, it's really a waste of what'll probably be a huge paycheck to put her in NXT. That's not to put NXT down, I love NXT and there's a lot of great talent in NXT but Ronda Rousey would be one of the highest profile signings in company history, in all of wrestling history if you wanna get right down to it. As a result, you put her against Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Alexa Bliss and Asuka because that's where the money's at and not up against Peyton Royce or Billie Kay.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-08-2017, 10:46 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
I'm skeptical. Can she tell a story? Being the Entourage movie doesn't make her an actor. Can she sell? Sure she will dominate a lot but to be interesting she has to at least sell at some point. Brock can sell, yes his dominance makes his selling so much more effective but when he sells, I buy it. I'm still not sure if AJ legit put him out of action.

Can Rousey be a wrestler? How much is she gonna work? Is she going to do her own mic work or have someone talk for her? And what is she? A heel? A face? An automaton? I'm not a UFC fan so maybe I don't know enough about her but I struggle to get too excited. I'm less excited about the horsewomen idea. It reeks of a cash grab stunt. I'd rather have Snooki. But I get it, Rousey is publicity and money.
Ronda Rousey is better on the microphone than all but two, maybe three, women they have on the roster. This is a woman who walked into Brazil against one of their own and got the crowd to cheer for her. Her promo skills are far and away better than the majority of the women in WWE, it's not even close. That means she can promote, she can hype things up and that's what she is needed for.

She can work if they let her toss people around and showcase her judo. It's why she needs to just rip through people.

As for being a heel or face, the WWE audience are like you, the audience is mostly unaware of just how unpopular Rousey became to the MMA specific audience. That hasn't carried over outside of the niche, she is still amazingly popular with the mass audience and could play a face in WWE. She should be a heel, her personality has her as a heel, she cuts the best promos working as a heel against people she hates (see Rousey vs. Tate I and II). Bring her in as a face, she "breaks the arm" of Bayley, and you have her go heel.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:59 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
Ronda Rousey is better on the microphone than all but two, maybe three, women they have on the roster.
I didn't know that about her. Never really heard her speak on the mic, never watched one of her movies and the only time I've really seen her is at a weigh in or in an actual UFC ring. If she is good on the mic then that raises her stock somewhat as a lot of the others aren't.

As for Rousey coming to the WWE, wasn't that a forgone conclusion? She had said in the past that she is a fan and it's obvious she enjoyed her little foray in the world of the WWE at Mania, when she threw HHH over her hip. It will be interesting what kind of story line they give her and who her first match will be against.

Like JH said earlier, not interested if she's going to be the female Brock Lesnar and just put every other female into an armbar immediately. It has also been mentioned that she doesn't have a huge wrestling background like Lesnar has. Don't think she will go to NXT, but will have to spend time in the performance centre learning the ropes. Her background in judo and MMA gives her an immediate advantage.

She will bring in the money that's pretty much guaranteed. Fans will be interested in seeing what she can do and how she'll be handled. It's true some of the bloom is off the rose somewhat, but did any of us expect her to come to the WWE while she was still undefeated in UFC. I know I didn't, but am looking forward to see how this turns out.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:06 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

If Ronda is ready then they should probably bring her in to work Mania. It's been a tradition with Wrestlemania to bring in outside celebrities and get main stream press. Who cares if she's green all she has to do is squash one of the woman wrestlers in five minutes. I think Stephanie would be the best option for an opponent for Rosey. The groundwork has already been layed with there confrontation at Wrestlemania 31. Stephs well known by the casual and older fans and who doesn't want to see Steph beat up by Rosey?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:59 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I Feel like WWE will want to keep this a secret until mania season. I don't see this being a full time thing since she feel more like a special attraction then a full time wrestler.

Has far as who she should be wrestling, you got a couple of already made program for her. You got the Stephanie McMahon feud That they started a couple of mania ago or you could go with the 4 on 4 tag match which they set up a the May young classic. Personally, I would go with the tag match first before having her in a 1 on 1 match.

The only way I would go to the Stephanie program if the rock can make it and you make this a mixed tag match. In the end, you will need to hide her in the first few matches she has because she still a big name and you can have her look like she's not ready right off the bat which since she will be expose again more seasoned performers,
Old 12-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

She will be WWE's first legitimate big time female draw. But who does she work with? If she just runs through lots of the women, where's the draw? I think it will be a big deal for a bit, but it won't last. Women's wrestling doesn't matter to most. That's not a sexist statement, it's reality. Hopefully this changes that.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:04 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
If Rousey has signed a long-term contract, then she needs to be the one to finally topple Asuka.

Why not? She is a legit MMA fighter. Does you think Asuka would beat her?

Brock Lesnar, a former UFC, fighter beat the Undertaker's WM winning streak.
Then again John Cena beat Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's first match after returning (so did Triple H actually at WM).

I see your point but it would probably be ideal that Askua and Rousey remain in separate brands so they don't get near each other then build that match up for WM35. Of course this depends on how WWE books and we all know WWE's booking has been barley average at best.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Join WZCW because writing is hip
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is getting phone calls from TNA...

However she debuts or whenever be it Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania I think we can all agree that there hasn't been a woman performer that had this much hype around her ever, including Asuka. Ronda has it all, she's beautiful, can spout off her mouth with the best of them and is a badass physical threat. She's easily going to take Charlotte off my number one favorite woman's wrestler when she arrives.

Join WZCW now.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prophet View Post
The money is in Ronda Rousey running through the other women until Asuka steps up and hands her the very first defeat. Rousey should go undefeated, let her tap them while also having Asuka remain undefeated. Send girls like Banks or anyone else you want to protect from the fire of Rousey over to Smackdown if you really want to. They have enough girls that Rousey can crush without hurting the top female women.

At SummerSlam we get the undefeated Ronda Rousey against undefeated Asuka. Asuka taps her in five minutes, make it for the belt if you want, let Asuka win the title and beat Ronda. I could dig that, Rousey armbars her way to the Raw Women's Championship and holds it for a few months. Meanwhile, Asuka is demanding a shot. Rousey makes it so that Asuka has to go through all the MMA Horsewomen before she gets to Rousey.

I mean, it really does write itself.
I'd give Rousey the win over Asuka. Whoever beats Rousey would get a huge boost from it vs. Asuka who it wouldn't elevate much. Ember Moon would benefit from a win over RR. I could imagine WWE would have Charlotte be the one to beat RR though.