WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-05-2017, 05:54 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Why is this a story really. No offense to Jim Johnston because he was a big part of my childhood and everything but he's just another guy that was replace by younger guys just like when Howard Finkel got replace on tv by lilian garcia.

In the end, his work will be remember forever and that all we really need to say about this.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:52 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Why is this a story really. No offense to Jim Johnston because he was a big part of my childhood and everything but he's just another guy that was replace by younger guys just like when Howard Finkel got replace on tv by lilian garcia.

In the end, his work will be remember forever and that all we really need to say about this.
It's a story because his contributions are legendary. If you feel it isn't a story, then ignore it. He'll "be remember" if people talk about him. Why are you trying to silence the few people discussing him?
Old 12-05-2017, 08:25 PM
WWE European Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm not trying to silence fans from discussing him, I get it, he's a legendary figure in the industry. He wrote some of the greatest theme in wrestling and beside Jimmy Hart, he's probably the best composer wwe had,. My point is, why this is such a big deal, guys move on and get replace aĺl the time. Finkel got replace when they thought it was time to move on and nobody made a big deal about it. When one of the greatest referee in wwe history, earl Jhebner got release, nobody made a big deal about it.

So I don't get what make him more special then the 2 men's I just mention especially since this news is just a rumor and never was confirm. In fact, maybe he just decided to retire and it was a mutual split. Anyway, I'm not diminishing is legendary status because I feel like you guy, but I don't get why it's such a big deal is that he decided to move on.

On a side note my favorite theme he wrote was the ultimate warrior's theme.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:47 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I'm not trying to silence fans from discussing him, I get it, he's a legendary figure in the industry. He wrote some of the greatest theme in wrestling and beside Jimmy Hart, he's probably the best composer wwe had,. My point is, why this is such a big deal, guys move on and get replace aĺl the time. Finkel got replace when they thought it was time to move on and nobody made a big deal about it. When one of the greatest referee in wwe history, earl Jhebner got release, nobody made a big deal about it.

So I don't get what make him more special then the 2 men's I just mention especially since this news is just a rumor and never was confirm. In fact, maybe he just decided to retire and it was a mutual split. Anyway, I'm not diminishing is legendary status because I feel like you guy, but I don't get why it's such a big deal is that he decided to move on.

On a side note my favorite theme he wrote was the ultimate warrior's theme.
Well, if that is true, I think Finkel and Hebner should have been discussed. I think those would be refreshing new conversations...as opposed to the millionth "What kind of guy was Bret Hart?" thread. Both added to the experience and were better than many faceless others in similar roles.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:49 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
I get it, though. The WWE moves on, and so does the music scene. Entrance tunes are going to reflect that. Jim's songs, while iconic, are from yesteryear. I wonder how Steve Austin's theme would be received if it was a new track today.
I think he still did the Shield theme so he's done some good modern work. Though you could tell the differences between the entrance themes done by Johnston and the one done by CFO$.

I disagree though that Jim's work is passe. Musicians and artists the good ones always know how to reinvent themselves. I went to the Van Gough museum in Amsterdam and the one take away is that he is able to reinvent himself with various styles from more European to Asian, to earthly portraits to lush colorful landscapes.

So Jonnston being an artist himself, I am sure, has reinvented himself over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick View Post
It's been reported that CFO$ actually had a hand in this, and that Johnston was keen on still working for the company.

I like CFO$ but if that's the case, dick move on their part.
On one hand I agree but this isn't uncommon in the music, media and arts industry. Where creative differences will push someone out so it happens.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:31 AM

LibSuperstar is looking to come up from OCW...

Truly the end of an era. So many classic themes. He's exactly who I had in mind when hearing Warrior's HOF speech.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:26 PM
WWE European Champion

Just finished listening to all four WWE uncaged compilations and i have to say that while Jim Johnston did create a lot of great them songs over the years he's been with WWE, he did release some stinkers as well. Don't believe me, listen to WWE uncaged 4, it's pretty much a compilation of every generic theme song the guy create, Like Brock lesnar 1st theme song, HHH'S theme when he join the corporation or my favorite, the very bad remix of the DX theme.

The guy was a great composer in his time but he also did made some mistake and created some less then memorable songs over the years. Too bad that's he's gone or retired or whatever but he was a big part of the company and i really hope he will be honored someday.