WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-29-2017, 05:25 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default The Broken Universe finally coming to WWE

As seen on Raw last week, it seems like they will finally do something with Matt hardy and the broken universe but the question is, Is it to late?

By the lack of reaction the tease receive last monday i fell that it is. This was one of the most over gimmick in sport entertainment last year. When the hardy'S came back in WWE at Mania everybody was chanting ''Delete,Delete,Delete''. Everybody wanted to see this gimmick in WWE, Yet because of Legal reason, WWe didn't pull the trigger on it, in fact, they didn't lift a finger to help Matt settle this matter with Anthem and Impact wrestling. They just said to him, settle this and when you get the right to the gimmick we might considered using it.

So now it seem like the whole saga between Matt and Anthem is over, Matt can use the gimmick in WWE, but the momentum of this gimmick as died down quite a bit since last april and i'm scared that if this doesn'T work and the momentum doesn'T pick back up, Matt is pretty much going to get stuck in lower midcard comedy hell with this gimmick especially if his first feud with this gimmick is Bray Wyatt.

I know that having a version of the Broken character won't be the same as it was in Impact because they're a difference between Having Borash and Corgan helping you with the character and having whoever is in charge of the Raw creative team helping you out with this.

In the end, i feel like this will fail miserably and that Matt will go from ''Woken'' Matt Hardy or whatever name they give him, to ''Forgotten'' Matt hardy in record time.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

With WWE's production values, this could be quite interesting. But the reason it worked so well for TNA is because Matt was allowed to creatively grow the character. Unless the WWE higher ups give Matt and Jeff Hardy some creative freedom (which they don't have a good track record of) I don't see this gimmick becoming anything other than a poorly designed t-shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I agree, at the end of the day the gimmick is Ultimately in the hands of Vince himself. He could turn around and growl that he doesn't like the -Delete- gimmick and wants to turn it into -Backspace- instead.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Matt Hardy has something to do now. Judging the reaction the DELETE chants in casual Hicksville Tennessee. Ha!
Old 11-30-2017, 03:14 AM

Razz is looking to come up from OCW...Razz is looking to come up from OCW...
Question

Will not work if Vince and WWE creative meddles in any small way with creative/angle/characters. And if Bray Wyatt is involved, this thing is doomed...
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Can you just imagine a WWE version of an ironically awful gimmick that was in TNA? It's going to be quite something.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know if I should say this... Since their return, Matt is not the one with problem, Jeff is. Jeff isn't exactly performing well in the ring. Another dilemma is, whenever anyone is put to feud with Bray Wyatt, it's almost always like a no-win situation. Who do you think should win this feud, huh? Either way, I see no easy solution to this.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:03 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyy View Post
I don't know if I should say this... Since their return, Matt is not the one with problem, Jeff is. Jeff isn't exactly performing well in the ring. Another dilemma is, whenever anyone is put to feud with Bray Wyatt, it's almost always like a no-win situation. Who do you think should win this feud, huh? Either way, I see no easy solution to this.
I feel like this feud will lead to broken Matt joining bray Wyatt and that they will go for the tag titles and when Jeff comes back, he gets sent to smackdown so that he doesn't lose any of his major star power he still has.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:55 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm curious to see where they go with it, but I can honestly say I'm not intrigued by it. I credit Matt Hardy for doing something that was outside the box, something really different that finally got him out of the shadow of his more talented brother. But, for me, I just didn't care for the "Broken" gimmick; I'd catch some of it on YouTube and it strikes me as one of those things that you either like or you don't and I just don't.

To be perfectly honest, I never really cared for Matt Hardy; I was never really a massive Jeff Hardy fan but at least he often put on exciting matches with a variety of opponents. Matt was the slower, less athletic brother back in the day and it's only worsened as he's gotten older. There are times in which he moves around the ring and even walking down to the ring where he seems like an old man, he's obviously lost a few steps in the ring as, sometimes, watching him wrestle is so dull because he'll be moving so slowly, like Kane level slowly.

Is it too late for it to happen? It's probably not too late as I'm sure some fans would embrace it. It's simply as some others have already said: it all depends on Vince McMahon and his ever changing opinions, some of which make no sense. Vince may love this sort of "Broken" thing one week and then, for some reason, right out of the blue, he'll growl and grunt backstage about how he doesn't like it two weeks later. I mean, this is the guy who made Jinder Mahal WWE Champion for 5.5 months while saying Cesaro doesn't have the "it factor" and is now alleged to say that Finn Balor isn't over with fans. Then again, it's so strange and quirky that Vince may fall in love with it and decides to push Matt Hardy to be the guy who takes the IC title off Roman Reigns; it's all a complete crapshoot right now.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
Intercontinental Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

No way is it too late. The problem is that Vince has shied away from outside the ring production. Most every Broken thing I saw was on location. That's not a big deal when your show is pre-recorded, but it can take away from the live audience experience if you're going to cut to a farm or King Maxel for fifteen minutes. I guess WWE has gotten out of the arenas a bit lately with some of the Wyatt Family stuff (w/New Day, Orton) but not that much and it is hard to say if that little bit was worth it and that WWE wants to spend all that money and time on a veteran like Matt.

My suspicion is that we are going to get a watered down version with shorter but still wacky promos and a lot of emphasis on the catch phrases so that they can sell t-shirts as opposed to building compelling characters and stories.

We still have a few months to go but does anyone think the Broken Universe will get much effort and attention on the road to WM? Forgive my cynicism but my reaction is NO.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?