WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-27-2017, 04:57 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is online now
Registered User
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,737
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Loved the idea of Asuka winning this if they go with a rumble match for the women's but again, will Fans remember it at the end of the night?

I really doubt it unless something controversial happens and everybody gets up and arms about how WWE screwed up the first women'S rumble match. It will forgotten by the time the actual rumble happens because it'S probably going to open the show like they did with the women's money in the bank match at MITB last year and if it wasn'T for the controversy of James Ellsworth taking the briefcase and giving it to carmella, nobody would have even remembered that match and that's the problem with this, they won't promote it as a big deal, so if they don't promote it as a big deal, why do it at all?

It's a de-service to the performers to do it and serve really no purpose unless you go out a give the win the either paige or Ruby Riot and have they're respective group help them win the match. Outside of that, if you just go with Asuka dominating and winning the match, it's going to be a predictable ending that nobody will remember by the time the other predictible rumble happens.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2017, 05:28 PM
HeenanGorilla HeenanGorilla is offline
Registered User
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 506
HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
When you look at the landscape of WWE, exactly how many compelling Women's Championship matches for WrestleMania are there? The answer is not too damn many.
The answer for me is zero. That's not the point.

To make the decision that the women are relevant enough to have their own Rumble, only to have it be a dominant, win-from-the-#1-spot spectacle for some "star" that only hardcore fans even know is nonsense. She has been on the main roster for a cup of coffee and is "A-zoo-ka" to plenty. She is not Ric Flair in '92. Internet fans are the ones who watch 80 hours of this crap every week and read all of the awful articles and watch the Network/NXT, which most people do not. That is not the majority of fans. Her streak is below most people's radar and she is nowhere near as popular as Daniel Bryan was when his predictable, yet deserving, win came to fruition. That Mania needed that big moment. The Rumble does not need this ho-hum faux moment. It's an insult because it immediately shows that the women need to play every Rumble card at once to make it relevant. So, save me your quotes of overused, Cena-like points because I don't know what you're talking about. I don't read those posts, so if I use a phrase that those people overuse, too bad. You want a phrase people overuse? Talk about "telling a story" during a match. Save that for the full-time wrestling lifers that flood this repetitive forum. For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Dagger Dias's Avatar
Dagger Dias Dagger Dias is online now
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lorule
Age: 32
Posts: 8,846
Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias
Default

I love the idea of having a Royal Rumble for the women. This year it needs to happen and I am still quite surprised as to why it did not happen last year. Assuming that Alexa and Charlotte are still the champions by the Rumble, here is who I would want to see compete. If they allow the NXT girls entry into this and invite a couple of legends then we have enough girls for a full 30 in the first ever women's Royal Rumble.


Raw
Asuka
Alicia Fox
Bayley
Dana Brooke
Mandy Rose
Mickie James
Nia Jax
Paige
Sasha Banks
Sonya Deville



Smackdown
Becky Lynch
Carmella
Lana
Liv Morgan
Naomi
Natalya
Nikki Bella
Ruby Riot
Sarah Logan
Tamina



NXT
Aliyah
Bianca Belair
Billie Kay
Ember Moon
Kairi Sane
Lacey Evans
Nikki Cross
Peyton Royce



Legends
Trish Stratus
Lita



The winner then gets the chance to pick a title shot at either the Raw or Smackdown Women's Championship regardless of what brand she is on. They could also have the two champions participate but that could complicate things. I'd rather see the women get the chance to do what the men have done at the Rumble for so many years. Set up a Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania through a Rumble for the first time ever. I definitely want to see it happen. Even if they have fewer than 30 participating.
__________________
Come join the best section on the forum WrestleZone Championship Wrestling! You know you want to!



"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-27-2017, 07:30 PM
FromGlasgow's Avatar
FromGlasgow FromGlasgow is offline
Registered User
Knockout Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 688
FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Mans Beard View Post
I love the idea of a Womens Royal Rumble Match. But the problem lies with eliminations. Very rarely do we see women go over the top rope. In fact most arent tall enough to go over the top. So what do you do? 2nd rope elimination kinda cheapens the match.

Also having 30 women in the match is way too much. I like the idea of 20. Have 2-3 return spots MAX. Have 2 NXT max. That gives 15 spots to Raw/Smackdown. Which the debut of NXT women on both shows already, you really can negate the NXT spots. Have them come out in 1 minute intervals. It makes the match around 25 min, which is actually perfect for a opener.

Again with the eliminations: The match actually would favor Nia Jax and Tamina. Those are really the only two I can see actually throwing the others over the top rope. Trying to imagine all the other women trying to toss them over the ropes is actually quite comical.
I disagree they have had female battle royals before Wrestlemania 25 had one for example.

Personally I would enjoy seeing it the Royal Rumble is one of the events I never miss, The only problem I can think of is if they are going to make it a yearly thing the female roster isn't as packed as the male roster, The males can have the ability at least change it up a bit every year but seeing as theres not as many females I think they would struggle and it could end up being almost the same people involved every year I'm not even sure if they have as many as 30 females on the roster.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Wolf Pac's Avatar
Wolf Pac Wolf Pac is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,472
Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Not a fan of the idea and it sounds terrible. Two Royal Rumble matches on the PPV? That would be exhausting to watch and would barely give time for other non-Rumble matches. And people would get pissed because there is no way they are gonna treat the Women's Rumble match as meaningful as they do the Men's Rumble match. It's likely going to be quick and not booked as good.

If they're gonna give the Women a Rumble match, give them a mini-Rumble match like they did with Smackdown in 2004 for the next Raw PPV in February.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Spidey's Avatar
Spidey Spidey is online now
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: UA Little Rock
Age: 28
Posts: 1,717
Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey
Default

It's a step down from having women compete in the proper Rumble. Shows that even in a world where the little man can topple giants and zombies can carry the company's fashion accessory, women are still not good enough to win a match that has men. They have to have their own little thing, defeating the purpose of ever being featured at the real Royal Rumble. That and I trust WWE would do something stupid like have a guy win it because comedy.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Last edited by Spidey : 11-27-2017 at 09:59 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-27-2017, 11:14 PM
ShinChan's Avatar
ShinChan ShinChan is offline
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,360
ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey #2 View Post
It's a step down from having women compete in the proper Rumble. Shows that even in a world where the little man can topple giants and zombies can carry the company's fashion accessory, women are still not good enough to win a match that has men. They have to have their own little thing, defeating the purpose of ever being featured at the real Royal Rumble. That and I trust WWE would do something stupid like have a guy win it because comedy.
Hey, Spidey.

But that would require intergender matches. And We all know that they won't take place in WWE. Could be possible in Lucha Underground. Or even IMPACT. I would love to see it in WWE. But alas.

Until then, A Women's Royal Rumble should happen. Add pinfalls and submission. If you want to. That could be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
For the Rumble, for all fans and people of all levels of interest, your idea for the women's Rumble is a terrible idea.
Wow. I love how you basically announce that a certain idea is terrible. For you, I get it. For all fans and people of all levels of interest? Wow. When did you start representing each and every one? Or it's just because you find it terrible and therefore, everyone will find it terrible?
__________________
Fémının Pro Wrestling
{FPW}

Last edited by ShinChan : 11-27-2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Someone's representing me! Without asking! Not even Jinder Mahal does that!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:25 AM
Kodo Sawaki Kodo Sawaki is offline
Registered User
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 974
Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey #2 View Post
It's a step down from having women compete in the proper Rumble. Shows that even in a world where the little man can topple giants and zombies can carry the company's fashion accessory, women are still not good enough to win a match that has men.
Here you go, recent example



He even acted as male chauvinist pig to please SJWs everywhere I guess, even though week before he was on a chain and barked like a dog.

Also your argument of having women in a man match is better then them having their own thing

Here is a women participating in man match



If that is a step up then having 20 women(I assume they wouldnt go for 30) tear each other apart(in what would probably be at least half hour match featuring lots of talents that need exposure, not just one) for a chance for women title then I dont know what is step down.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Wolf Pac's Avatar
Wolf Pac Wolf Pac is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,472
Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo Sawaki View Post
Also your argument of having women in a man match is better then them having their own thing

Here is a women participating in man match



If that is a step up then having 20 women(I assume they wouldnt go for 30) tear each other apart(in what would probably be at least half hour match featuring lots of talents that need exposure, not just one) for a chance for women title then I dont know what is step down.
Of the 3 women who entered the Royal Rumble, you pick that moment? Chyna is the best example of a woman entering the Rumble match done right.



Just look at how she takes it to Mark Henry and eliminates him, she looks credible, legit and like she can truly hang with the guys. This moment is always going to be bigger, better and more memorable than the Women having their own Royal Rumble match.

Put Asuka or Nia Jax as a surprise entrant in the men's Royal Rumble match and eliminate someone and not in that Beth Phoenix type way, the Chyna way, and I guarantee it would be a bigger better moment than the Women having their own Royal Rumble match. It would do more wonders for a woman than winning a Women's Royal Rumble match.

Last edited by Wolf Pac : 11-28-2017 at 02:32 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 AM
sikkbones's Avatar
sikkbones sikkbones is offline
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 374
sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

You want a woman's royal rumble, bring in the ransoms from the women's tournament and anyone not tied to TNA like odb, Gail Kim, cheerleader Melissa and cherry bomb.
__________________


the Five Moves of doom?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices