WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-27-2017, 01:03 AM

LuCha Libre is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm probably the one here with this opinion, but I'd love to seem them as Tex Ferguson and Chad 2 Badd. At least we'll see their charisma. Right now they are so stale.

I feel barely enough of WWE fans have watched Southpaw Regional Wrestling, but with all the silly gimmicks that have become successes i.e Golddust, Honky Tonk Man, Santino, why wouldn't you give this a go?

Otherwise, throw them together with Balor give them good promos to cut.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The only reason Anderson and Gallows worked in NJPW was because they were part of the Bullet Club and since they were white, they were the perfect "gaijin heels". They looked different.

In the WWE though, they don't look different. In fact, they are generic tag team #345. They don't stand out. Their attire is generic, their work is generic, their moveset is generic, ther mic skills are generic and their gimmick is generic.
That's just how WWE works. Your persona and character comes first. Then promo work. Then come the in-ring skills.

Their only salvation is if they become part of something bigger, like a stable, in order to hide the weaknesses and enforce their strengths.

And to be honest with you, the Revival will also suffer from the same fate in the future. But that's another subject.

About G&A, I always wanted to see WWE mix up the Bullet Club and the Demon King and create the so-called "Demon Club". Imagine: Kane, Balor, Anderson and Gallows, all in demonic face paint, acting like demons, wrestling like demons.
In fact, a stable feauting Balor, Kane, G&A and Asuka/Ember Moon would be cool for me. That's an idea that could save G&A, give Kane a mentor-like role and turn Balor into a threat. Everybody wins from this.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:26 AM
'The Bringer of Rain'

Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

I was a fan of A&G when they first came into WWE. They came in street clothes and wrecked house. The moment WWE gave them that awful entrance attire was the moment I stopped caring.

I love the idea of a Balor Club stable. But the problem with that is A&G are much better heels than faces. So would that mean Balor becomes heel too? Dont see that happening anytime soon. And if it does then why? Balor sells merch, so turning him heel wont do much for that side of advertising. Unless WWE decides to do a full on Balor Club promo kind of like the NWO, where it was cool to be heel and buy their merch.

I do agree that A&G have gotten stale. But I loved their SRW promos. It was very entertaining. But it was just that, entertaining. IF they were to use that gimmick it would be fun for about 1 month, then they will just be back to where they are now. It would be WWE reaching too far with very little payoff.

What I would do is take them off TV for a few months and repackage them. Like I said, I liked them when they showed up in street clothes and beat people down. Maybe that is what you do with them. Make them like a Hall/Nash pre NWO, but dont truely mimic that.

Another way you could have them join Balor is to have them interfere with Balors matchups, where they help him win. Balor would be hesitant to join them. But in a title match (IC Championship) He gets the assit to win and they all throw up the 'Too Sweet' This will get a huge responce from the crowd (Especially the 20-30 age group) Who gives a damn what the kids think, they have Cena let us have the BALOR CLUB!!!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

They were doomed as soon as they didn't come in with Balor when he was pushing hard for it on NXT, it's hurt Balor as well. They came in super hot then got jobbed out to Reigns then Cena, because of course they would... Their time with Styles was forgettable at best because they were made to look like complete fools for Vince's butt buddies. The only way to save them at this point is to put them with Balor and have them go head to head with the Shield, but obviously Vince and his shriveled old brain would have Shield run through them in two weeks rendering them obsolete.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:27 PM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Anderson and Gallows's run has been nothing short of a disaster to me. This is probably just me not really being into NJPW, but there is absolutely nothing this team have done that have either impressed me or shown me they deserved all the praise they got in Japan. When you can't even have a good match with The New Day of all teams, you have failed as a top flight tag team.

But truth be told, i'm not completely shocked. Gallows was never really that great a worker; he just came off as generic big guy #8,753,918. Yes, he's improved from his first run; but when the improvement is from comedy fodder to undercard heel, it really feels like you haven't improved at all.

Karl Anderson though has grown on a little. The guy does have charisma and when he can go, he can work a pretty good match. I do think his look is a bit generic, but as a wrestler; he seems like the kind of guy i'd love to have as an uppercard threat.

Honestly, the best thing for G&A is for them to just go their separate ways; maybe even release Gallows all together and let Anderson have a solo run. The team is dead and I highly doubt anything they can do can change it at this point. Especially not when you have them lose to Slater and Rhino in a comedy match. Actually, the more I think about it: The more I think that this idea was doomed from the start.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 11-28-2017, 05:44 PM
I Don't Need No User Title
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think I read somewhere that WWE only signed them so they could get Styles. That makes sense, as Gallows and Anderson haven't done much of anything.

I haven't any of their New Japan stuff, but they haven't been that great in WWE. I'm not really sure if they're misused or just not that good.

They could turn Balor heel and reform the Club. Besides that I could see them being the muscle for a cowardly heel, kinda like an better Miztourage.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I have a theory on this, as to why people think they are under utilized.

Wrestling is super uncool. In the Attitude Era it was kinda cool, and there was a period when Punk was at the top that it almost felt like it could be cool again, but those are the only two times in my twenty seven years that wrestling has been cool or close to it. Most of us know this, and do everything we can to try and look cool among our fellow fans as a result. Being the coolest nerd still makes you a nerd, but at least you get bragging rights over some people. Because of that, a lot of fans will latch onto any signing the WWE makes in an attempt to look ahead of the curve. "Well I was a fan of Owens when he was Kevin Steen" or "The WWE will kill Tyler Black by cutting off his move set" or "Insert any other generic remark about indy wrestler here." Almost anytime you are a fan of something before it gets mainstream, you get to feel cool.

That's what I think happened with Gallows and Anderson. They were fairly big deals in Japan (mostly due to being in the Bullet Club before it got over saturated and by being foreign heels), so people latched onto them when the rumors of their signing came in. They wanted to feel ahead of everyone else. It's like the people who comment with "first" on news articles. It's just some stupid trend people do in an effort to appear cool. I'd wager most of the people who have complained about their usage didn't actually watch them in New Japan, they just assume every indy talent is supposed to be some godsend to WWE or they just want to be cool by liking something that might eventually get popular.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
I have a theory on this, as to why people think they are under utilized.

Wrestling is super uncool. In the Attitude Era it was kinda cool, and there was a period when Punk was at the top that it almost felt like it could be cool again, but those are the only two times in my twenty seven years that wrestling has been cool or close to it. Most of us know this, and do everything we can to try and look cool among our fellow fans as a result. Being the coolest nerd still makes you a nerd, but at least you get bragging rights over some people. Because of that, a lot of fans will latch onto any signing the WWE makes in an attempt to look ahead of the curve. "Well I was a fan of Owens when he was Kevin Steen" or "The WWE will kill Tyler Black by cutting off his move set" or "Insert any other generic remark about indy wrestler here." Almost anytime you are a fan of something before it gets mainstream, you get to feel cool.

That's what I think happened with Gallows and Anderson. They were fairly big deals in Japan (mostly due to being in the Bullet Club before it got over saturated and by being foreign heels), so people latched onto them when the rumors of their signing came in. They wanted to feel ahead of everyone else. It's like the people who comment with "first" on news articles. It's just some stupid trend people do in an effort to appear cool. I'd wager most of the people who have complained about their usage didn't actually watch them in New Japan, they just assume every indy talent is supposed to be some godsend to WWE or they just want to be cool by liking something that might eventually get popular.
I'd say that there's a good deal of truth to the theory. Whenever someone is out there on the indie scene, whether it's been Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Neville, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens or whomever, you'll see people on various boards or commenting on various articles as to how these wrestlers are/were the absolute shit. Upon their arrival in WWE, however, many fans did sort of cool on them because they were no longer indie wrestlers, they were no longer strictly "their guys" anymore. They were now working for the machine, the big, evil corporate machine that, in some instances, would draw more fans and draw more money with a single show than many of the indie companies would draw the entire year.

It sort of puts me in mind of the "controversy" surrounding Metallica's breakthrough to the more mainstream of music with their 1991 self titled release. It was the one that featured Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters, which were their first songs that garnered significant airplay and they didn't use the exact same sort of formula for the album. The result was that Metallica became mainstream, they won a Grammy, the album was ranked by Rolling Stone among the 500 greatest albums of all time, etc. but some of their hardcore fans accused the band of selling out. They were still Metallica, they were still rocking harder than any other metal group in the business, but they weren't "their" Metallica anymore because they'd been embraced by the mainstream.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 12-14-2017, 11:33 AM

Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...Vintage Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with what several others have said. Really the only way to build them back up on main roster is to send them to Smackdown along with Finn Balor (who could use some rebuilding himself) and package them as The Balor Club.

Make them a heel faction that will cause havoc by assaulting other wrestlers having Balor feud with Shinsuke, AJ, etc. I'd also love for them to incorporate a female into the stable like how Nikki Cross is in Sanity. I think someone like an Alexa, Ruby, or someone along that line would work well in Balor Club. I'd even go as far as giving Ziggler a shot at joining too to resurrect his status.

Imagine Ziggler joins and is in US title pic or has the title. Maybe Balor Club does stuff like NWO used to where they attack other wrestlers, clear out commentary for a segment and take it over, sit ringside only to attack, or ask someone to join only to have Ziggler superkick their head off out of nowhere. It would be fun and something to look forward to and would help build all characters involved as long as they don't over script it and just let these guys do their thing. Plus having others help with promos only helps Balor who still needs work on his promos.

Just my thoughts...
Old 12-14-2017, 07:04 PM
It's clobberin' time!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's a shame because when you listen to them away from WWE (for example, Steve Austin's latest two unleashed podcasts) they are HILARIOUS. I think outside of the Club they've been hamstrung by poor booking and maybe not fully being allowed to be themselves. In the ring they're both decent to good (with Anderson being the better of the two) but that connection with the fans is where they're stuffed.

If nothing else, as has been said they are good hands and are still a scalp that newer, more interesting and popular teams can claim. A good pair of gatekeepers for the tag division.

I honestly think there's still something that can be done with them though (reforming the Club with a heel Finn, maybe? Hell, that could be a lead-in to a full feud with AJ Styles down the line) but they need to connect with us, the audience. They have way more personality than what we see on WWE and I honestly feel like if they can get that across, all will be well.

It feels silly to say that about former Tag Team Champions, but hey, what can ya do?

Hey, I'm just sayin'.