WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who was the better WWE Champion?
Jinder Mahal 12 31.58%
Roman Reigns 22 57.89%
Neither 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Jinder or Roman? Who was the better WWE World Champion?

I saw this on a Facebook page. So, I am going to be very simple and to the point. Who was the better WWE Champion? Jinder Mahal or Roman Reigns? Very simple question. Or, is it? Vote and discuss.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:22 PM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's kinda hard because both didn't start their respective title reigns in a great way, it's hard to pick which was the better. But i have to pick Jinder over Reigns mostly because it the title Help Jinder's character to grow more then Reigns. Roman's title reigns last title reigns we're pretty much match of the year candidate with Aj styles and Seth Rollins but we have to remember is first 2 as well which we're awful and pretty much lead to the destruction of the roman reigns babyface character they we're trying to push at the time.

In comparison, Jinder's title reign was boring and predictable but made jinder a bigger Heel in the process and he's went from a jobber to a pretty good mid card heel with the title reigns so putting the title on him help him grow as a performer and that's what a title is suppose to do in the end

So that's why i feel like Jinder mahal was a better champion then Reigns, not because of the quality of the match or the performers themselves but how the title reigns help them grow as performers.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:50 PM
'The Bringer of Rain'

Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Macho Mans Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

Jinder Mahal!!!

Though I was worried whe they put the title on him, cause I felt he would not be very good. But he surprised me. To be a heel is one thing, but to be a heel Champion takes some solid talent. You can tell he had some good help from VKM. It helped round his character and draw massive heat. Plus having the Bollywood Boys help him in mathes helped to make it entertaining. Yes they interfered but that is what they are supposed to do.

Roman Reigns always seemed very bland. And you could always tell the crowd werent behind him as Champion. I think a lot had to do with WWE being to predictable with him as Champion. We knew months before it happen. (Which is why dirt sheets suck) With Mahal we really didnt get that, it was more organic of a win and shocked a lot of people/fans. Which also made Mahals character more organic.

Romans other problem is his mic work, which fans hate him for. He is flat out terrible. Mahals mic work is pretty solid (7 out of 10 IMO) Which helps him a lot in building a fued.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
DELETE!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I took Roman because while Jinder had the better overall character, Roman had the better storylines and matches. His two matches with A.J Styles were really well done and matches I've always found to be slightly underrated.

Yes, ratings were in the toilet during his reign; but then again, they were like that with Mahal; and seeing how much he's improved since, I would imagine another run as world champ would be much better in terms of ratings.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 11-24-2017, 06:05 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Neither guy exactly blew my socks off but Roman Reigns was vastly better in my mind. I've maintained that there are a lot of wrestlers on the roster with more overall ability than Roman Reigns, but Jinder Mahal isn't one of them. Jinder's lack of talent was accentuated by having what passes in the modern age as a long title run, but a long run was necessary in order for fans to see whether he would sink or swim and Jinder sank like the Titanic. Why did he sink? Because he's just not all that good in my opinion.

Wrestling is subjective, what some may like others may very well hate and I think the post above me from Macho Mans Beard is an example of that. I've never been a huge Reigns fan but, in my mind, he's head and shoulders above Jinder and where Reigns has had problems in some areas, he has improved upon them while Jinder has remained the same level of mediocrity. Inside the ring, on his best day, Jinder is average; the only reason why so many were looking forward to his matches was the hope of seeing him lose. On the mic, he's also average, at the very most, and he spent most of his time as champion delivering the same promo week after week; if you heard one Jinder promo, you heard them all. As a character, he was flat out uninteresting to me as I just never bought into Jinder in the role of an angry foreigner to the degree that I "disliked" him for trashing my country. The only thing about Jinder that's above average is his physique, the guy's shredded to the bone with lean muscle even though he hasn't really gained all that much muscle mass. When Jinder left WWE, he was probably around 225 lbs. and he's probably around 235 or so now that's packed onto a naturally tall, lanky sort of frame.

For both their runs, ratings were pretty much in the crapper though more so for Reigns than Jinder, though this was before the brand split and all the pressure was on Raw to perform. Neither guy was a great ratings draw as WWE Champion, attendance to live shows was also down as fans will sometimes find a way to let WWE know if they don't like something. Reigns' character wasn't much to speak on, and at least Jinder did have a character, but what Reigns did have were the storylines and the better matches. Reigns consistently put on strong matches with a variety of opponents and the one really good match Jinder Mahal had was against AJ Styles, which was made all the better in the eyes of many fans because Jinder lost the WWE Championship to someone who is infinitely more skilled and more over than Mahal has ever thought of being. Why was the title taken off Jinder? Because fan interest in Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion had reached an all time low, so low in fact that there was practically zero positive buzz regarding his match against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. When you have a first ever meeting in a champion vs. champion match between two men holding internationally recognized World Championships at one of the biggest wrestling shows of the year and fans couldn't care less, it means there's a problem with one or both of the champions. While I, and a lot of others, haven't been exactly happy with Brock Lesnar, the ultimate part timer, as a World Champion again, the fact remains that lots of other people are always interested in Lesnar's matches, that's been especially true over the last 4 or 5 months when you look at the match he had with Reigns, Strowman & Joe and in his singles bouts with Joe & Strowman because they've actually been competitive matches worth watching instead of a 4 minute trip to Suplex City. So, that left Jinder Mahal and look what happened with fan interest in Lesnar's Survivor Series match once Jinder lost the title: it skyrocketed because the odds of Lesnar having a great pro wrestling match were guaranteed considering that his opponent was someone who's been widely considered one of the best in-ring wrestlers in the world for the last 15 years in AJ Styles.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-24-2017, 07:31 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...Kodo Sawaki is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Roman because t least he had good matches. Tell me one memorable Jinder match? Before he lost to AJ he had Orton and Nakamura. He won both by Singh brothers interfere. He had arguable 2 most technical wrestlers on roster and managed to have mediocre at best matches. That is just inexcusable and no wonder WWE gave up from him at the time because even they saw how mediocre at best he was and how Indian demographics isnt going up so they took belt from him.

You can say a lot about Reigns. How he doesnt connect with certain portion of crowd, how his promos are not that good, but he delivered when it comes to matches. Even one of those AJ matches is more then enough to trample anything Ginger Indian has ever done in WWE. Because cheer or boo people care what Reigns do. Nobody cares what Jinder does.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:03 PM

TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...TakeTheSting is looking to come up from OCW...

I absolutely hated it when Jinder won the title, but have to admit, he played his heel champion role well. However I hope they don’t take the strap off Styles just for the India tour, but I’m afraid that’ll happen
Old 11-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...Eyebrows is looking to come up from OCW...

I could still never get past the suspension of disbelief for Jinder’s reign. On one hand, it’s portrayed as a sport and upsets do happen. But those stories work much better with faces.

He just never clicked. His promos, matches and storylines were all boring. Reigns was much better IMO.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:21 PM

MillionDollarMan is looking to come up from OCW...MillionDollarMan is looking to come up from OCW...

The thing is, most wrestlers aren't considered legitimate till their 2nd or 3rd championship. Do you remember HHH's first reign? It was a joke. Very few can win it like Cena did and make it seem legitimate.

Every Jericho and his first run which was becoming undisputed champ and beating Austin and the Rock in one night turned into him walking Stephanie's dog and made him pathetic.

On that note, I'm voting Jinder just because he's gotten more of the heat the WWE is trying to get. He's at least successful as a heel. Roman sucks as a face champ.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:26 PM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebrows View Post
I could still never get past the suspension of disbelief for Jinderís reign. On one hand, itís portrayed as a sport and upsets do happen. But those stories work much better with faces.
Yes, that was the biggest problem. It's difficult to have someone in the Job Squad 2.0 one week and then champion the next week.

Mahal could be believable in the long term, but it was done way too quickly.