WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

You know. Actually, keeping Asuka undefeated for years would be so cool to see. 2 or 3 years. It would give modern fans a taste of 70s wrestling. You could move her to Smackdown and just revolve the entire division around her. I know it would get tiresome really fast with the modern schedule of monthly PPVs and weekly shows, but it could work if you do something similar as they did with CM Punk. Turn her heel down the line.

Nobody wanted Punk to drop the belt to The Rock after 434 days. Nobody was tired of him. I believe Punk could have lasted all the way until Summerslam 2013 as a champion. Fans still wouldn't be tired. That's 200+ more days. 634+ in total. That's around 2 years. Asuka could do the same. Start as a face, turn heel and then maybe turn face again at the last months of her reign, before finally losing to a big opponent in a big match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
You know. Actually, keeping Asuka undefeated for years would be so cool to see. 2 or 3 years. It would give modern fans a taste of 70s wrestling. You could move her to Smackdown and just revolve the entire division around her. I know it would get tiresome really fast with the modern schedule of monthly PPVs and weekly shows, but it could work if you do something similar as they did with CM Punk. Turn her heel down the line.

Nobody wanted Punk to drop the belt to The Rock after 434 days. Nobody was tired of him. I believe Punk could have lasted all the way until Summerslam 2013 as a champion. Fans still wouldn't be tired. That's 200+ more days. 634+ in total. That's around 2 years. Asuka could do the same. Start as a face, turn heel and then maybe turn face again at the last months of her reign, before finally losing to a big opponent in a big match.
People not wanting Punk to drop the title had nothing to do with how popular and unready fans were for him to drop it. People didnít want him to drop it to Rock because it was predictable and no one wanted Rock/Cena 2 to be for the title. A lot of people were very bored with the title run. It was so lackluster that Big Show and John Lauranitis weíre getting the main events instead of Punk. Plenty of people were tired of it, they just didnít want the predictable BS ending we got.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:04 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

The predominant issue is that the women's division is what, between the two shows, twenty deep? At a push. Unlike NXT where the lack of female talent depth was relatively well hidden courtesy of the show's taping structure and time constraints, Asuka's going to be on RAW every week and she's going to run out of opponents fairly quick. By Mania, she's likely going to have faced the bulk of the roster. You could theoretically move her to SmackDown at that point, but I suspect she's already likely to be the Women's Champion either leading into or at Mania. At which point really it needs to go to someone in need of elevating.

Whether that's an Ember Moon debuting and immediately attempting to right the one wrong she has from her NXT career or Nia Jax finally getting that monster push that's been talked about for so long, or a heel turn for any of the horsewomen, it should be used to help get someone or something over. It shouldn't just arbitrarily end on a whim like Charlotte's PPV streak or Bayley's push or Nia's dominance more or less anytime she gains momentum.

It should be used to develop the opponent as well as Asuka herself. How does she react? How does she cope without that aura around her? Can she come back from it? At the end of the day, my faith for this sort of sustained storytelling is at a fairly low point when it comes to WWE, but who knows, with Vince apparent booking by crowd volume these days and Triple H obviously a massive fan, maybe they'll have a story for it when the time comes...sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Charlotte is the only female they're fully committed to, yet she doesn't need the victory. The ideal candidate probably isn't even in the WWE system yet.

But really it doesn't matter. I'm already feeling main roster fatigue with her.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:55 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I agree with you entirely, even though I think that Nia Jax could be someone WWE could push as a top woman. Maybe not THE top woman, but a top woman. However, in there somewhere, you mention something about Asuka retring. Are you suggesting that Asuka should go undefeated he entire career, with only losing one match? That match before retirement?
Asuka/Kana is so far ahead of the whole Women's roster that she could believably go undefeated. She is also 36. Joshi wrestlers last long because they have very light schedules. Yes, many retire young due to injury, marriage, and the other opportunities Joshi Puroresu offers. Now, add a WWE schedule. Yikes! If Manami Toyota, KAORU, or Lioness Asuka had to do a WWE schedule, Toyota would have retired years ago, KAORU would be under the concussion protocol, amongst other things, and Lioness Asuka would be another Hayabusa. Joshi Puroresu is not the Divas Division by any stretch of the imagination.

So, would it be OK for Asuka/Kana to go undefeated through her whole career? Sure. Why not? The 300 day schedule will be murder, and it will reduce her effective years. So, I do imagine that she will be gone in a few years. If Rousey is serious about WWE, she MIGHT be the one. The other could be Kairi Hojo/Sane (although I do hold out hope for DASH Chisako coming to WWE). So, it will be a while. However, I can see Asuka ending her WWE career with one loss, and rubbing THE Woman.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Wrestling analyst Diva expert

1truefan is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to 1truefan

I like the idea of Asuka and Nia. But they First need to build Nia back up first . Her booking has been very spotty with her appearances on RAW being inconsistent at best. Let her go the next month or so destroying the roster. Then have asuka give a promo saying “No one is ready for Asuka”. Only to have Jax attack setting up the match. I wouldn’t do it at the anniversary show. The show promises to be stacked with some iconic moments and I this deserves a main event or PPV. Not some throw away match in the middle of the card.

Last edited by 1truefan : 11-22-2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:23 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Asuka's streak is something that needs to end in a shock...just like Taker's streak was ended when least expected to be ended.
If it was me I would have Asuka win the title at WrestleMania going on to hold the belt all the way into next year's royal rumble. By this point Asuka would have feuded with everyone - Sasha, Alexa, Nia and Paige.
Basically what I see happening is having Asuka defend the title on the show before the women rumble match (that needs to happen) against Bayley, with everyone expecting Asuka to retain. Then when the referee is down after a bump, have Bayley hit Asuka with a chair, followed by a Bayley to Belly on it, pinning Asuka which legs on the ropes to become new champ.

Imagine the reaction...
NJPW - Hate 3: Goto, Ishii and Sanada
Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the Warzone.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Who I think should break Asuka's streak?: None other than the person she beat to win the NXT women's title in the first place, Bayley. It only makes sense seeing as Bayley was the first person to really challenge Asuka and all but cemented her as the female equivalent to Goldberg.

When will this happen?: I won't give out a proper date, but the time frame would be around WrestleMania to SummerSlam.

How will it happen?: It really depends on what story they want to tell, if they want to deliver an all out classic; then Asuka has to lose clean or it won't work. If they're going to feud beyond their first match and one of them simply has to turn heel; then it has either be because of BS reasoning or the opponent simply snapping and beating the living hell out of her.

What will the reaction be when it happens?: Insane, almost akin to the Undertaker losing his streak at WrestleMania.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 11-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

People tend to start fantasy booking the scenarios they want to see play out in their minds and more often than not what they envision ends up not being how the WWE goes about it (or WCW if we're including examples like Goldberg). For anyone who is coming up with their own scenarios of how they genuinely WANT Asuka's undefeated streak to end.... Here is some advice for you. Be open to the fact that it probably won't happen the way you want it to. That will save you some frustration later down the road.

Ok, so I'll play along and come up with one. Granted, I know it probably won't happen so I am not getting my hopes up. So what I would most want to see happen is the main roster commentators acknowledging the undefeated streak she had in NXT continuing into her main roster run. Bring it up all the time such as they did with Charlotte's PPV streak. Hype it up. Then promote Ember Moon to the main roster after the Wrestlemania weekend Takeover event where she loses her NXT Championship to Peyton Royce. Ember shows up on the first Raw after Wrestlemania. Keep her and Asuka separate but hype them both up. Ember challenges Asuka to a title match at Summerslam, as Asuka would be Raw (or Smackdown) Women's Champion by then. Ember wants to avenge her loss at Takeover Brooklyn. The history between them would be even more well known by this point even to those who did not watch their NXT feud. Ember wins at Summerslam, but Asuka remains dominant even after the loss. That's my ideal scenario. Will it happen? Highly unlikely. It would be a fun storyline that adds more layers to an already good feud they had in NXT.

It's much more likely that they just do something that most people wind up being against. Like having her be the one Carmella cashes in on, or have her lose to someone who sucks like Nia. I doubt it goes the way any of us are wanting it to. Watch Asuka's undefeated streak join the likes of Goldberg's from WCW, Taker's at Wrestlemania, and Charlotte's PPV streak on the list of stupid endings to undefeated streaks. Just being realistic here. The Raw creative team aren't the best with their storyline ideas and they also have Vince forcing more idiocy into the ideas already in place.

So, again, don't get your hopes up for something epic since it may not happen.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:16 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel like right now her first lost should be at a big event like a wrestlemania or summerslam. I feel it should be from somebody on the current roster and she should be the champion when she finally lost. Also, it as to be next year because if you wait to long, fans will turn on her and the streak will be meaningless.

So how would have do it. Have her beat whoever is the raw champion at mania, then have keep the title from mania all the way to summerslam and then let say have a NXT call up like maybe Ember Moon who as so much history with her finally bet her for the raw championship at summerslam. I fell you can tell such a great story about how Ember came so close to beat her in NXT, How when she won the NXT women's title, Asuka gave her the belt and Now Ember as come to Raw to finally prove she could beat Asuka on the big stage.

Another idea would be to have the iconic duo get called up and either peyton or Billie beats her with outside intereference. That way, the streak is over but you still protect somewhat asuka. Not my favorite scenario but i wanted to bring it her anyway.