WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default How, When And By Who Should Asuka's Streak Be Broken?

How, When And By Who Should Asuka's Streak Be Broken?

As of November, 22, Asuka's current record is of 201 consecutive victories spanning over 3 years without a loss. Be it from DQ, Count-Out or even in multi-tag matches. It's been absolutely amazing to see WWE actually have some form of long-term plan, or at least, a long-term build for an eventual great moment in women's wrestling history.

She vacated her previous NXT Championship and debuted on Monday Night Raw to big fanfare from the WWE fanbase, who's eager to see the japanese wrestler improve the match quality on a weekly basis for the still struggling women's division.

She's been great thus far for the little she has had to do to establish her character for the general audience of WWE, who doesn't watch NXT and never heard of her. The commentators have provided a solid backstory and she's pretty much one of the hottest talents in the company, let alone her respective division or brand.

But good things must come to an end, and there are people already concerned about what the main writers and Vince McMahon will do to a streak that they never personally created. There's also the fact that wrestling in general seemingly struggle to deliver a good payoff to long streaks. Goldberg's loss to Kevin Nash is a perfect example of controversial finishes, but there's also Undertaker's legendary streak at WrestleMania ending in a bad match against a part-timer (or as others will say, to the only believable guy). Both were controversial and in general the dislikes outweight the ones who liked it. In other examples, you also have the fact that The Miz being the first guy to pin John Cena at WrestleMania in a singles match and it not been treated as a big thing. As for the women's division, Charlotte Flair was once undefeated at PPVs but that ended rather abrutly with a lot of disapointment notes being given by fans. (I'm pretty sure they are bummed about that now, as an undefeated Asuka vs. and undefeated Charlotte match, would be big enough to headline SummerSlam in the very least).

I'm a big fan of NXT's storytelling and as an avid consumer of entertainment products, I like how continuity makes a good story, fantastic. So, I would really build that streak until the 2018 SummerSlam and the one who I would really like to see break it is... Ember Moon.

The small seeds of an instant classic have been planted with Ember Moon looking like a fool winning the NXT Women's Championship after Asukaleft. It feels like she wasn't good enough, because Asuka is miles better than the division and her personally. She should be bummed about that and others should dig into her with the "you weren't good enough". Build it, up until she makes her main roster debut on Raw after WrestleMania.

Have a moment with the two facing off. Ember could debut to an Asuka's Women's Championship coronation. Have that "I'm here to take you down" feel and build from it up until SummerSlam. Make her tag partners, against a common foe, let Ember be screwed out of a title shot at the PPV by a fake-injury storyline or by Asuka herself. Create animosity, attacks and have Asuka always avoiding a fight with Ember, and let the two have an instant classic when the time comes at SummerSlam and let the story go full circle. By the end of SummerSlam you would have an instant babyface star who's actually a great worker and a big big villain in Asuka who could help others after they go their best of 3 matches on a PPV.

Thoughts.

It's Damn Real
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 09:01 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

No one should end it! She should retire with a record of (arbitrary round number for no reason)-0. Sting retired, so we won't get the dream match. If anyone, it should be a young person who could use a push, rather than some legend or part-timer.

Sorry, that was just my version of every whining baby discussing Undertaker for the last decade.

Asuka, who cares? She's been on the main roster for 5 minutes. Her streak is less relevant than the other irrelevant ones.

I hope she is handled better than Tatanka!! ...ok I'm done.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Give her the belt, have her go another two years before some young, popular thing comes along that needs a major rub to her career, make it one of the centerpieces to a Summerslam event. Maybe even bring in Rhonda Rousey full time, have her parallel a similar streak before the two must finally meet, the biggest woman's match in history at Wrestlemania.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:44 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As of right now, I don't think it should be anybody. I'd keep the streak going for as long as possible and then possibly look to some young, fresh, up & coming talent to end her streak instead of giving it to someone that's already long since been established.

I don't have any particular scenario in mind because, in all honesty, all we do is set ourselves up for failure when we go down that road. We build up some sort of fantasy booking scenario that's so epic that you know it can't possibly take place, then crap all over WWE whenever it doesn't happen so maybe the best thing to do is to just take things slowly and see what happens. After all, Asuka has only been on the main roster for about a month, or a bit longer, so maybe it's best to keep ourselves grounded because Vince could decide to have her beaten at any given time.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...Rainbow Yaz is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Nia Jax should end it at the anniversary show. I’m 100% serious. WWE is intent on pushing Nia as a monster and her knocking off Asuka in front of all the eyeballs will give her momentum. Plus undefeated streaks are among the worst booking decisions in pro wrestling history, so get it over with and move on to giving her an actual storyline.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I agree with Rainbow in this one. They want to push Nia as a monster, then have her take down Asuka. But not at the anniversary show. You have to build up Asuka so that her streak feels relevant on the main roster as well. Ending the streak at the anniversary show is too early.

Keep building up Asuka. Keep building up Nia. And sometime in the next year, have them collide. Nia wins and the Asuka chases Nia as an underdog.

However, I still can't believe undefeated at PPVs Charlotte vs undefeated Asuka got lost and was never given a thought...
Old 11-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Trending Worldwide.
WWE European Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

My ideal finish to the Asuka streak is a cheap, slimy cash in with the Money in the Bank breifcase. Asuka wins the Women's title and let's say Alexa Bliss wins the MiTB next year. After a long contested match with Paige, for example, Alexa enters and dethrones Asuka. Asuka remains strong and tremendous amounts of heel heat for Alexa Bliss. Really any decent heel would fit in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...BestSportsEntertainer is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Bayley or Sasha at WrestleMania. That would regain their momentum a little bit.

I don't want it to last any longer than that, because Asuka needs to be established outside of the streak.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:39 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

They need to have someone BELIEVABLE to defeat Asuka. Nia Jax is not it. Sure, she is big. Sure, she is intimidating. But, so was Shawn Bradley. And, nobody that knows anything about Basketball would choose Bradley over David Robinson. Asuka is Women's wrestling's "Admiral". If she loses, she will give a massive rub to that person. And, it has to be someone that DESERVES that rub. Rousey? Maybe. Kairi Hojo? Possibly. Ember Moon? They would have done it with her already. Everyone else? It would be so unbelievable that it would rank around Goldberg losing HIS streak. In the end, you need someone who WWE is going to make THE woman on the roster once Asuka retires. Anything else, and the streak becomes meaningless.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:07 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
They need to have someone BELIEVABLE to defeat Asuka. Nia Jax is not it. Sure, she is big. Sure, she is intimidating. But, so was Shawn Bradley. And, nobody that knows anything about Basketball would choose Bradley over David Robinson. Asuka is Women's wrestling's "Admiral". If she loses, she will give a massive rub to that person. And, it has to be someone that DESERVES that rub. Rousey? Maybe. Kairi Hojo? Possibly. Ember Moon? They would have done it with her already. Everyone else? It would be so unbelievable that it would rank around Goldberg losing HIS streak. In the end, you need someone who WWE is going to make THE woman on the roster once Asuka retires. Anything else, and the streak becomes meaningless.
I agree with you entirely, even though I think that Nia Jax could be someone WWE could push as a top woman. Maybe not THE top woman, but a top woman. However, in there somewhere, you mention something about Asuka retring. Are you suggesting that Asuka should go undefeated he entire career, with only losing one match? That match before retirement?