WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-10-2017, 07:29 PM
ROH Pure Champion

Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...Wolf Pac is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Should? Braun Strowman.

He's the most over guy in the company right now and someone the fans can easily get behind as the actual GUY.

But as for who I think will win?

Roman might win. I have a thing where I look back on the previous Rumble winners 10-20 years before to see if a pattern occurs/could occur. Stone Cold won in 98, Cena won in 08, so I could see Roman getting the win as WWE are trying to put him on their level. Hacksaw won in 88 but that was the first Rumble and the Wrestlemania title shot hadn't been put at stake in the match yet, so it wasn't that important. But would WWE risk getting another Rumble 14-15 reaction, with it possibly getting worse than those two years? I dunno. The last two years have been free of the hostile reactions and it would be best to keep it that way.

The other option I could see is someone who has cooled off recently that way his win would come more as a surprise and the name that comes to mind is Shinsuke Nakamura especially as he would make history, being the first Japanese Rumble winner and WWE love to make new history as of late. If the title goes back to Jinder though then it's not happening. But if it stays on AJ or goes to Cena, I could see Shinsuke facing one of them for the title at Wrestlemania. Plus he will have an epic entrance at Mania and why waste it in a nothing match.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:20 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Why are so many of you reasoning "Should?" Yes, should! It's not as "subjective" as you're making it. Who do YOU THINK SHOULD win the Rumble?

"Well, I mean, who I think should win and who I read is main eventing Mania are two different...". SHUT UP!!! Either answer the simple question or move on.

I think Reigns should win because I want all of the people who take this way too seriously to cry themselves to sleep.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I think it should be done to build someone up like they should've done with Bray this year. I'm not a fan of Finn Balor, he is good in the ring but I don't care to watch him. However, a Rumble win could be make him mega over. I'm thinking someone of that nature. Finn fits the bill real well with being the first ever universal champion and being someone as who was tipped to have a good main roster career, it could definitely send him back on the right path.

Braun could easily win but he is so dominant already I'd much prefer to wait a year or two before we go to the obvious Strowman win.

Miz would be a really cool option. Imagine the build, it's probably very unlikely though.

I can't really think of anyone from SDs roster that could win it. Nakamura maybe? Has he done enough to earn that prize or do we all just hold him to ridiculous expectations. AJ styles is probably unlikely as well, should be around the title picture. Bobby roode hasn't been spectatcular. Sami kind of fits Finns story but just on SD so he could be used to win it but I'd rather Owens win it over Sami even though he doesn't need it. I think they will be in some tag team match at Mania though.

I'm going with Finn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 11-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...

Roman and Lesnar seems to be the plan, but it can't be stressed enough how much it'll piss off that crowd if Roman wins again. Roman/Lesnar can still happen from just a challenge.

Who should it be? Shinsuke to challenge A.J Styles, it's the biggest possible match from SmackDown.

They seem to be pushing Balor well enough that he could win it and then challenge Styles at Wrestlemania. The same could be said for Joe. The Rumble winner gets to decide the champion he faces regardless of brands. Joe vs. Styles and Roman vs. Lesnar sounds like two decent title main events for Mania.

Who will it likely be? Some bullshit choice like Cena to face Jinder. I don't think we'll get Cena/A.J part 4.

Dark horses? The newly pushed Sami, but with all the aforementioned names, I doubt WWE will go with Sami due to alleged backstage heat, and Owens as Universal Champion is still fresh enough on everyone's minds that he doesn't need a world title because of how good his reign was.

So yeah, choices are Shinsuke, Balor, Joe, or Cena in my mind, and it could be any one of them between now and the Rumble, and it's impossible to predict who due to how often the winds change from injuries, backstage politics, and other factors. Come January it may be easier to predict. then again, no one saw Orton winning last year, so...

A published author is an amateur who didn't quit.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
I think Reigns should win because I want all of the people who take this way too seriously to cry themselves to sleep.
So let me know if I'm getting you right.

You think that Reigns should win. Not due to his talent. Not due to any other quality of his. But just because you want people to cry? What's bad in taking wrestling seriously? You're taking wrestling seriously as well because you want some specific wrestling fans to cry. To enjoy yourself? Lame.

Moving on, I don't think that anyone from Smackdown will win Royal Rumble. Last year, the winner was from Smackdown. And I think that this year, it will be from Raw.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:25 PM

itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...itbewilly is looking to come up from OCW...

Apparently Bryan is getting in shape for a return to the ring and i dont see WWE letting him walk out and wrestle for NJPW or RoH so what if he makes his return at RR and gets the win.

Everyone is saying its Lesnar and Reigns and its Cena and Jinder but unless they give the belt back to Jinder it seems like some of the planned matches may have already been scrapped.

If Bryan returns that will be the pop of the night most likely.

I wouldn't seeing someone like Bray win it either but i doubt hes going to win it. hes barely being used as is.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I hope that Reigns does not win the rumble - as he clearly doesn't need it in order to earn a title match against Lesnar.
Hopefully either Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens or Bobby Roode win the rumble match to go against AJ Styles for the WWE Title at Mania. Also if the WWE would like to have an interesting main event instead of Lesnar vs Reigns they can always have AJ Styles (C) vs Shinsuke Nakamura (rumble winner) vs John Cena (who is john cena..) in a triple threat for the WWE title main event the show.
NJPW - Hate 3: Goto, Ishii and Sanada
Old 11-11-2017, 09:42 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...HeenanGorilla worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
So let me know if I'm getting you right.

You think that Reigns should win. Not due to his talent. Not due to any other quality of his. But just because you want people to cry? What's bad in taking wrestling seriously? You're taking wrestling seriously as well because you want some specific wrestling fans to cry. To enjoy yourself? Lame.

Moving on, I don't think that anyone from Smackdown will win Royal Rumble. Last year, the winner was from Smackdown. And I think that this year, it will be from Raw.
Really? You didn't sense sarcasm in that? Not at all?

Just like if I were to agree that the winner should come from Raw because last year's winner was from Smackdown, my agreement with such a foolish reasoning would also be sarcasm.

My point--which has since been done by another responder--is that the OP's question is who SHOULD win. Many replies, for some reason, clarify "should" and "will". "Should?? This guy. But THIS guy likely will." So many smarks cannot answer hypotheticals because they feel the need to show their understanding of what is scheduled to eventually happen. It's ridiculous. ...much like your comprehension of the point I was making.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Gone. For. Good.
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeenanGorilla View Post
Really? You didn't sense sarcasm in that? Not at all?

Just like if I were to agree that the winner should come from Raw because last year's winner was from Smackdown, my agreement with such a foolish reasoning would also be sarcasm.

My point--which has since been done by another responder--is that the OP's question is who SHOULD win. Many replies, for some reason, clarify "should" and "will". "Should?? This guy. But THIS guy likely will." So many smarks cannot answer hypotheticals because they feel the need to show their understanding of what is scheduled to eventually happen. It's ridiculous. ...much like your comprehension of the point I was making.
Nah, I didn't sense sarcasm in that. Apparently, I'm bad at getting sarcasm.

So it's foolish reasoning? May be for you. You can think it as foolish. May be there can't be difference in opinions. For me, It's difference in opinions.

There's nothing ridiculous in telling what you will like to happen and what will likely happen. What's ridiculous in this?

I took it as you gave it. I'm not smart enough to get sarcasm. Can you please leave some hints of sarcasm next time? I will be grateful.

I saw someone say a united victory for The Shield. That could be alright and could set up heel turn for Dean Ambrose well at Wrestlemania. Plus, the odds are immediately against Brock Lesnar.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:34 PM
WZCW Elite Openweight Champion
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

As Bray Wyatt once said.... "Anyone but you, Roman!".

Depending on what decision the WWE makes here they have the potential to make this crowd extremely happy, or so angry that the 2015 Rumble's response would pale in comparison. It's the same event at the same venue. One can only hope that they learned from their mistake last time. Roman VS Brock can (and should) happen as a non-title match. I'm ok with Cena getting a third win if it happens, it would go well with his rumored history making 17th World Championship at Wrestlemania. Shinsuke would also be cool. In all honesty I am fine with most anyone winning except for the part-timer's or Roman. The winner needs to NOT be Roman. That is who should win it. ANY other full-time member of the roster.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.