WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default AJ Styles Is The *NEW* WWE Champion

As we saw on SmackDown Live a few hours ago, AJ Styles won the WWE Championship for the 2nd time in his career. Winning the title in Manchester, England also marks the first time the title has changed hands outside of a North American venue. Styles goes onto face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series, but that's for the thread in the ppv section. The question now is whether or not Styles drops the title back to Jinder during the tour of India next month.

Interest in Jinder vs. Lesnar was low by all accounts, so that's a strong possibility why the title was put on Styles tonight. If that is indeed the case, then it only emphasizes how much of a mistake it was to put the title on Jinder in the first place; there's always been a healthy amount of interest in Lesnar's matches, especially over the course of the summer. At any rate, I have a feeling Styles drops the title to Jinder in India so Jinder can come off as the conquering hero in the land of his forefathers, marking it as the 2nd time the title has chanced hands at an international venue. I think it's a mistake, if that's the course that WWE has planned, as it's long past time for the Jinder experiment to end. Styles is one of the best in the world, he's massively over with fans and can put on entertaining programs with anyone in the company so I'd love to see him embark on another good run as champion.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:41 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jinder Mahal losing WWE Championship should've happened a lot earlier. He shouldn't have won the title in the first place. The guy hasn't done anything either in the ring or on the mic to justify this forced push. Infact, it has damaged their Indian support instead of increasing it. Because Jinder is still not accepted. Indians would rather see Roman Reigns or John Cena on the top. Even The Great Khali. However, Jinder Mahal? He's still a nobody to most people here. Plus, making him win continuously with cheating was dumb. Kayfabe is too strong here.

I hope that WWE doesn’t put the title back on someone too boring like Jinder Mahal.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...Pika worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I didn't mind his title run. I did stop watching Smackdown Live every week after months of watching it, but I more so blame two of my favorite wrestlers being moved to Raw (Miz & Ambrose). Then Styles / Nakamura were kind of just there doing nothing really. The only reason to go out my way to watch was Orton, New Day or Owens, but they aren't on the entire 2 hours of programming. So I could of just watched it on PPV.

The only hatred I have towards this entire run is how Shinsuke Nakamura was booked in his feud with Jinder. It was really ridiculous on all kinds of levels.

Onto AJ.. He somehow made James Ellsworth feel like a legitimate main event star. He's the best worker in the company and the best worker in the world on a consistent basis right behind Omega and Okada. I'm glad to see him back as THE champ. His U.S title reign was trash. I'm ready for Smackdown to stop being a live 2 hour filler show with a few good PPV matches and maybe one good storyline at a time.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:11 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Something tells me that Jinder will win the title back during the India Tour. My guess is WWE will heavily promote this angle in India. Similar to Nakamura winning the NXT title back in Japan.

Thus the title change does two things:
- Allow Lesnar vs. Styles to happen at Survivor Series. Which also protects Jinder from losing to Lesnar.
- This allows WWE to promote an angle in India and the hope is Jinder winning the title at India will generate interest in the product in the country.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...

I honestly thought RAW would interfere in the match at the last minute... but that didn't happen. Jinder lost his title in one of his few better matches.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

In my opinion, this is just a small break in jinder's title Reigns. AJ won the belt probably because jinder was a little bit banged up and they wanted to keep him healthy for the India tour.

So this title switch did a couple of thing. First, the fans that were tired of jinder'so as champion get a break.

Second, you get a better main event at survivor series since aj styles vs Brock Lesnar is aj more marketable match then jinder vs Brock.

Third, you get a great story when they go to India of the returning hero beat the American in his home country for the championship .

So in the end, I would not get too attach to aj styles as wwe champion because he's just transitional champion and jinder will be wwe champion by the end of 2017.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:28 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can't tell if this is a permanent move, or if Styles is WWE Champion now for the long haul. Realistically, he should be WWE Champion, no questions asked. He's the biggest name on the full-time SmackDown roster and the response to his win just proves how much star power he has. Ultimately, Jinder Mahal's reign became somewhat of a misery; a shit stain on an otherwise good product on SmackDown. Whether Mahal regains the title in time for the Indian tour is to be seen, and I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm happy that Styles is champion again, and I'm happy that we shall be getting AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar. It's a match that I definitely never thought was possible, but I'm so glad that it is. Perhaps for now it is worth celebrating that Styles is on top again, rather than concerning ourselves about whether Mahal is to soon regain the title.

I have to say though that I noticed many Indian fans on social media complaining quite extraordinarily about this move. One guy even reckons that he's cancelled 13 tickets on the upcoming tour because of this. On the one hand, I think that is just the most childish thing that I've ever heard. On the other hand though, it's not too distant from the response that the rest of the world was giving to Mahal's reign anyway. Nobody was cancelling tickets, but they were changing the channel and doing as many things as they could to make WWE realise that they couldn't care less. I guess it just goes to show that you can't please everyone. But in response to that, I say that Jinder Mahal was WWE Champion for 170 days, which is longer than some of the greatest performers in the history of WWE. He didn't do too bad.

Last edited by The Perfect Max : 11-08-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I don't know if Styles will keep the title for a long time, but I'm glad that Jinder is not a champion anymore and I'm even more glad that we're getting Lesnar vs Styles, which is a dream match for me.

AJ Styles, in his two years here, has made history with the WWE. Debut at the Rumble, awesome feud with Jericho, awesome matches with Roman, defeated Cena two times in a row, had a great title run, made Cena a 16th time world champion, defeated a McMahon at Wrestlemania, won the US Championship at MSG and now won the WWE Championship outside of the US and is in fact the first one to do so.

Unbelievable.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:43 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I just think this was to set up Jinder winning the title back in India. Nothing more than drumming up business for the Indian market but likely he loses it again after the tour.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:01 PM
WWE Women's Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I don't know if Styles will keep the title for a long time, but I'm glad that Jinder is not a champion anymore and I'm even more glad that we're getting Lesnar vs Styles, which is a dream match for me.

AJ Styles, in his two years here, has made history with the WWE. Debut at the Rumble, awesome feud with Jericho, awesome matches with Roman, defeated Cena two times in a row, had a great title run, made Cena a 16th time world champion, defeated a McMahon at Wrestlemania, won the US Championship at MSG and now won the WWE Championship outside of the US and is in fact the first one to do so.

Unbelievable.
Yeah, when he debuted I was skeptical that they would use him to his full potential. Being a former TNA wrestler, I didn't know if he'd be more than a midcarder in WWE, but thankfully they wasted no time in pushing him straight to the main event. My only real complaint about how they handled him was that I didn't like them making him drop the WWE Championship to Cena at the Rumble last year, so that Cena could just turn around and drop it to Wyatt 3 weeks later. Styles should have into WrestleMania 33 as the champ and faced Wyatt or Orton or both in a triple threat. He deserved a better opponent than Shane McMahon. But other than that, they've really gotten as much as they possibly can out of Styles and that's likely because he's 40 years old so there's no time to waste. Hopefully Bobby Roode gets the same treatment.