WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

If they had done a smaller tour like Toronto, Hamilton, London Windsor they would have gotten a better crowd and not had to pay people.

Impact has been at copps(first Ontario) in Hamilton and Ricoh in Toronto with decent size crowds before.

Even Niagara and Windsor would have gotten a decent crowd.

It also does not help TNA is on very weird hours on cable here.

Thru bell its only on game TV and fight... So many nay not have it.

the Five Moves of doom?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:44 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I only found out that it was being taped in Ottawa because Kapu told me here on the forum. There was no advertising here in Toronto that I could see at all. Ottawa is a beautiful city and well worth the visit, but driving 4 hours there and back for this show was a no go for me.

If they had held it somewhere nearer Toronto, even Hamilton, you would have gotten the fans from the Golden Triangle area. That would include anyone from Toronto, Buffalo even Detroit. Not many from Detroit or Buffalo would have made the trip to Ottawa I'm afraid.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
I only found out that it was being taped in Ottawa because Kapu told me here on the forum. There was no advertising here in Toronto that I could see at all. Ottawa is a beautiful city and well worth the visit, but driving 4 hours there and back for this show was a no go for me.

If they had held it somewhere nearer Toronto, even Hamilton, you would have gotten the fans from the Golden Triangle area. That would include anyone from Toronto, Buffalo even Detroit. Not many from Detroit or Buffalo would have made the trip to Ottawa I'm afraid.
For Bound for glory, they had at less half the crowd that was from outside ottawa. I actually went because Ottawa is a 2 hour drive from Montreal so it was easy for me to go on a sunday, i just took a day off from work and i'm guessing most of those they came from outside Ottawa that night we're probably from the surrounding area like me. But let's face it, they offered me free tickets for the whole weeks of tapings and i opted not to go because i felt driving back there again for the tapings wasn't worth it.

I fell like this is the problem they might get when they decide to do more tapings in other cities in Canada. If theirs a PPV, they will attract fans from outside the city but the tapings will probably be more of a local crowd because nobody wants to travel during the week especially a big distance to go see a tv tapings.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Giving away tickets is one thing, hiring/paying actors etc. to attend is another and shows just how much work Impact/Anthem have ahead if they want this company to stay afloat as this is surely the last throw of the dice.

The guys at Anthem should know what they need to do to get audience attendance, some promotion and free tickets to weekend tapings for schools, businesses and that sort is much better than hiring actors, in fact it would cut an unnecessary expenditure.

For the company to survive and even grow, if they are going to stay in Canada then they are going to need a couple of Canadian talents on the roster that are decent and the fans can get behind them. Petey Williams immediately stands out as one and title run of some sort would be a good step.

They appear to be cutting the roster at the moment but if can keep the likes of LAX, Lashley, ECIII etc. then all is not lost.

As mentioned the money coming from Sony India will cover a lot of costs, The Global Wrestling Network will bring through a trickle of money for the company alongside merchandise.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Knockout Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
Considering there are reports that Impact Wrestling is hiring actors to fill the audience, yes it was a bad idea.

I feel bad for TNA or Impact Wrestling it had promise in the early and mid 2000's. And I really want to see some sort of documentary on what went wrong. There are numerous theories on why (Dixie lying to the Network, and Hogan/Bishcoff) but I would like to know more. Perhaps it will server as a cautionary tale on running a Wrestling Promotion.

As for the city itself I never been to Ottawa but my understanding is that Ottawa, being the capital, isn't really suited for events and whatnot. Due to the city being mostly composed of Government institutions and the lack of corporate sponsorship. Even in the NHL it's difficult for the Ottawa Senators to sell out the their Arena. I believe they didn't have a sell out when they made it to the Eastern conference finals last season and Canada is a hockey crazed country. So yeah Ottawa itself might now have been the best city to host any taping or PPV event.
Exactly right. Ottawa is not a sport-crazy town to begin with. It's a slow, polite town and the fans are not entusiastic that much. It's the last place I would want to start a wrestling territory in.

You want to go to a wrestling-nut place with excited fans, go to Toronto or Montreal. Even Winnipeg.