WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-03-2017, 06:52 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's the fact that this is clearly a complete change of plan that intrigues me the most. AJ Styles was clearly going to be that fifth man on Team SmackDown. The rumours about every other confirmed member so far were true. So to now scrap that and have Styles placed here makes me think that there's some serious weight to just two of the arguments: either we're going to see a new champion—though I don't know if that will actually happen since it's a pre-taped show—or they are trying their hardest to make Mahal seem like a threat against Brock Lesnar, which I find hilarious considering Styles is not even half the size of Lesnar.

What I want is a new champion, and who better than AJ Styles? He's the top guy. But it's not going to happen. I will be legitimately shocked if it does. It will probably be the biggest shock of the year for me, that's how convinced I am that it's not going to happen. And with that said, I think that it's stupid logic to even have this match now. The champion attacks a non champion and suddenly that grants the victim an immediate title match? The big draw supposedly for the match at Survivor Series is that it is world champion vs world champion. It doesn't matter who the champion is, so if Jinder does indeed retain, having the match now is seemingly unnecessary. Have the match just before Survivor Series and swap them in their respective matches if Styles wins. But this just seems so messy because they've clearly changed plans, put Rusev to the background AGAIN, and Mahal is going to go over yet another guy who could be so much better as champion.

Granted, I'm assuming Mahal retains. Maybe there's a much bigger picture here that I'm missing. The switch has definitely piqued my interest but I fear I will be disappointed. I'm enjoying SmackDown for the most part, but I'm really over Jinder Mahal at this point. I was behind him being champion so long as it worked, and I don't think it has. Again, I might be missing something and I could be in a minority, but that's just me.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:12 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
either we're going to see a new champion—though I don't know if that will actually happen since it's a pre-taped show—or they are trying their hardest to make Mahal seem like a threat against Brock Lesnar, which I find hilarious considering Styles is not even half the size of Lesnar.
Styles winning the WWE Championship for the 2nd time would be a nice surprise. Of course, the potential problem then wouldn't be whether or not he'd be fed to Lesnar, it's how bad. If WWE let them have a competitive match, then it could very possibly be Lesnar's best singles showing since his bout with CM Punk at SummerSlam in 2013. There'd be almost zero shot of Styles going over Lesnar, but I'd be satisfied if he came out of it looking like someone who gave the Beast a hard fight.

As for making Jinder look like a threat, I don't think that's a miracle Styles can pull off, as great as Styles is because Jinder is just so friggin' average in the ring, and I mean average at the very most. Having Styles carry Jinder through one passable match, even a very good match, can't mask Jinder's mediocrity. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Vince thinks otherwise since it's fairly obvious, at times, that he has little respect for the intelligence of fans. Don't get me wrong, suspension of disbelief is paramount to enjoying pro wrestling but Jinder just simply isn't remotely a good enough wrestler and that's plain to see; he doesn't have the in-ring ability, he doesn't have the presence, he doesn't have the promo skills, he doesn't have the personality. In short, Jinder's in a spot that he's woefully underqualified for.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-04-2017, 11:23 AM

zags is looking to come up from OCW...zags is looking to come up from OCW...

Option 4? Styles wins title. Wednesday WWE announces wellness violation and suspension for Jinder.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:50 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I think most of us would agree that Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles would be a bigger draw if Styles does win the title fron Mahal next week. Styles is a bigger star than Mahal and is better in the ring and would probably have a better match with Lesnar. We've seen Styles work with larger opponents and able to carry them to good matches and play the underdog role well. Survivor Series is supposed to be part of the big 4 ppv's of the year and it should be treated as such. Also Lesnar's future in WWE and is in question and he might be gone after Mania so it might be the last chance to do this dream match.
As for Mahal I think he's made the best of his position and he's had a good run with the title. But I think it would be for the best if he drops the title to Styles. After Survivor Series he can regain the title at Rumble or whatever the next Smackdown ppv's is. They can build Mahal back up and he can walk into Mania as Champion to face Cena.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I've read that Jinder Mahal is working injured. Hopefully AJ Styles wins the title on Tuesday and then Jinder can rest his injury until the India tour. If he is injured then it's not a good idea to take a lot of suplexes from Brock Lesnar. Besides AJ vs Lesnar would be very interesting.

Last edited by AnthonyM4 : 11-04-2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:30 AM

Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...Rulk25 is looking to come up from OCW...

If Jinder is injured even if slightly this makes sense.
1) Brock is not exactly a gentle wrestler or a protective one...So putting him in the ring with someone not at 100% is only likley to lead to more injuries which would mean Jinder porbably on the shelf
2) Vince will shit kittens if he finds out after all his hard work Jinder cant wrestle on the India tour after he has done so much effort to push him. The only thing that would kill him more is if he found out Roman would miss Mania
Old 11-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What I would love to see. AJ Styles defeating Jinder Mahal to become the champion. And then defeat Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series in a great match.

However that's impossible. So Jinder will retain in another boring match. If he's injured, then AJ will win only to lose it back.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Styles winning the WWE Championship for the 2nd time would be a nice surprise. Of course, the potential problem then wouldn't be whether or not he'd be fed to Lesnar, it's how bad. If WWE let them have a competitive match, then it could very possibly be Lesnar's best singles showing since his bout with CM Punk at SummerSlam in 2013. There'd be almost zero shot of Styles going over Lesnar, but I'd be satisfied if he came out of it looking like someone who gave the Beast a hard fight.

As for making Jinder look like a threat, I don't think that's a miracle Styles can pull off, as great as Styles is because Jinder is just so friggin' average in the ring, and I mean average at the very most. Having Styles carry Jinder through one passable match, even a very good match, can't mask Jinder's mediocrity. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Vince thinks otherwise since it's fairly obvious, at times, that he has little respect for the intelligence of fans. Don't get me wrong, suspension of disbelief is paramount to enjoying pro wrestling but Jinder just simply isn't remotely a good enough wrestler and that's plain to see; he doesn't have the in-ring ability, he doesn't have the presence, he doesn't have the promo skills, he doesn't have the personality. In short, Jinder's in a spot that he's woefully underqualified for.
Could not agree more on all counts. AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar could be, in its own way, a match for the ages. And I too would be happy if Styles was to lose after a great match. But while Styles could probably pull a great match from Lesnar, you're right, he can't do it with Mahal because Mahal has shown no signs whatsoever that he can actually pull off a more than decent match in the ring. WWE could make a very good change on Tuesday and suddenly Survivor Series would be a significantly better event. I don't see it happening though.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
Could not agree more on all counts. AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar could be, in its own way, a match for the ages. And I too would be happy if Styles was to lose after a great match. But while Styles could probably pull a great match from Lesnar, you're right, he can't do it with Mahal because Mahal has shown no signs whatsoever that he can actually pull off a more than decent match in the ring. WWE could make a very good change on Tuesday and suddenly Survivor Series would be a significantly better event. I don't see it happening though.
AJ Styles Vs. Brock Lesnar could actually be a great match. It's a sort of dream match. But I've only one fear at the back of my mind. And that's squash. Or one-sided fight. If that is to happen, I would rather see Jinder Mahal get squashed instead of AJ Styles.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:38 AM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

Either this is a reflex reaction to last Tuesday's pretty low rating (though it had a lot of competition so I don't see why there would be tremendous worry) or Jinder's hurt.

If it's the former, AJ loses, if it's the latter, AJ wins.

WWE didn't just wake up and decide to change the Survivor Series main event three weeks prior to the event, more notably, they didn't just decide to take the belt off Jinder a month away from their India tour.

I know it's been suggested that AJ could win and then immediately drop it back to Jinder after Survivor Series or on the India tour but that just seems... stupid. It would seem like a waste. Not to mention I doubt they'd ever do a WWE Championship change at a non televised event in this day and age. The US Championship is one thing, but not the WWE Championship.