WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-03-2017, 05:03 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default 11-7-17: WWE Championship - Jinder Mahal (C) VS AJ Styles

It was announced yesterday that Jinder Mahal will defend the WWE Championship against AJ Styles on this Tuesday's episode of SmackDown Live, which will actually be taped as both Raw and SmackDown take place in Manchester, England next week as part of WWE's current European tour. This is a change in plans as it was originally scheduled to be AJ Styles vs. Rusev in a match to determine who is to be the fifth and final member of the men's Survivor Series team for the blue brand.

As you might expect, this has caused a lot of discussion, speculation and rumors circulating all over the internet. The top three scenarios that seem to have the most acceptance, based on what I've read, have been put forward by Dave Meltzer, I don't know they originated Meltzer or if they're theories put fort that he happens to agree with but they're there. One scenario is that Jinder Mahal might be injured and that the plan is to keep him healthy for WWE's tour of India next month by having him drop the title to Styles, have Styles face off against Lesnar and to regain the title from Styles during the tour. The other is a straight up title change due to lack of interest in seeing the first WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion bout between Jinder Mahal and Brock Lesnar. The third scenario is that this is little more than Vince panicking over last Tuesday's SD Live being the least watched episode since June and that this match is ultimately just a means of rebounding from that.

It could potentially be either of those three, as all three of them do sound pretty reasonable. Jinder having some sort of minor injury could lead to Styles having a brief 2nd run only to drop the title to Jinder so that Jinder could be the conquering hero in his homeland or, rather, the land of his forefathers as he's Canadian isn't he? It's also definitely true that there's very little positive buzz for Jinder's match with Brock Lesnar because nobody buys for a single, solitary second that Jinder is on Lesnar's level and just the overall lack of interest for Jinder as WWE Champion. Vince going into panic mode for no real reason is believable because he's done it lots of times in the past and I'm sure it'll happen again in the future; of course, one very reasonable explanation for the low audience is because they were going up against Game 6 of the World Series between the Houston Astros and the Los Angeles Dodgers in what a lot of people are calling the most exciting World Series in decades. Of course, this all leaves the question of who'll be the fifth man for Team SmackDown at the Survivor Series completely up in the air at this point.

For me personally, I don't think it's wise for those hoping for a title change to get their hopes up. Vince has stubbornly stuck to his guns this long and I don't see Jinder dropping the title unless there really is some sort of nagging injury that they want to give time to heal up. Few things would make me happier than for the 5.5 months of mediocrity that has been Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion to come to an end and stay that way as I'm not looking forward to another 5 months of him as champion.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I see this as one final attempt to make Jinder look a threat (haha) to Brock. I can't see Jinder losing here.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:00 AM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk

I don't believe Jinder's losing the title unless AJ Styles is coming to India in December (he isn't advertised for the shows here). Jinder is coming to India not only to appeal to or 'draw' the Indian crowd, but also as the World Champion. As far as whether it's working or not, I don't think Jinder's presence is required to draw here as there are a lot of Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor and Alexa Bliss fans here who would've watched the show regardless.

What I'm really interested in is to see if AJ Styles can pull a good match out of Jinder.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

Hmm...

If AJ Styles is being inserted into this match just to put Jinder Mahal over, I don't get it. First of all, they play it off as if Jinder Mahal has never beaten AJ Styles before. The guy has. In fact, it was one of the matches that built Jinder Mahal towards his WWE Championship win. I don't understand why they would use AJ Styles AGAIN to put him over. We get it, Jinder Mahal beats everyone with the Khallas. If beating Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura didn't convince people of Jinder Mahal being a main event status player, then this is still not going to convince them otherwise. His opponent is still Brock Lesnar.

AJ Styles doesn't seem to have any momentum right now since losing another match to Jinder Mahal here would just make him beating Rusev seem like a demotion heading into Survivor Series as opposed to him just beating Rusev from the start to join team Smackdown like it should be. If Jinder Mahal is injured, then I can see how this would make more sense for AJ Styles to beat him. It's the least detached reality here, because everything else seems completely random. No matter which way it's spun...if Jinder Mahal stays WWE Champion or even regains the WWE Championship, it's only gonna make whoever that has to face him look silly when they lose. The guy never even beat John Cena.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

The original plan was to have Rusev vs Styles. I don't think they decided at the last minute to give Mahal a stepping stone..

If Rusev vs Styles is scrapped it means that Styles is out of the 5-man match. Have Styles lose to Jinder, so that Jinder can look strong and then Styles pop back into the Elimination match is stupid.

Plus, Mahal would once again with help from the Bros, so he doesn't really look any stronger than before. And if they really wanted Mahal to look strong, they could have gone with a 5-pack match, where Mahal faces the superstars of the SD team (Roode, Styles, Orton and Nakamura), in a match to prove that he's really the one deserving to fight Brock Lesnar.

So that option is out.

Styles will win this Tuesday. We'll talk about Styles' future as champ after he does though.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:00 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk View Post
I don't believe Jinder's losing the title unless AJ Styles is coming to India in December (he isn't advertised for the shows here). Jinder is coming to India not only to appeal to or 'draw' the Indian crowd, but also as the World Champion. As far as whether it's working or not, I don't think Jinder's presence is required to draw here as there are a lot of Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Finn Balor and Alexa Bliss fans here who would've watched the show regardless.

What I'm really interested in is to see if AJ Styles can pull a good match out of Jinder.
Maybe they're planning on Jinder winning the title at India.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Here is the thing.. I doubt Vince made the match because of low smackdown rating this week because frankly it was Halloween and World Series game so no way not even if Rock or Austin themselves were advertised were going to get the ratings up that high.

They scrapped the Rusev vs Aj match for a reason. I don't why? They could easily have the Jinder vs AJ match on the smackdown before survivor series but they didn't.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Undertaker, If that is ur real name

TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...

The WWE is backing themselves into a corner AGAIN. They scrapped a match for the 5th spot of the team. which now they will have to fix. They made Rusev look like an afterthought by scrapping the match.. again. If AJ loses the internet will explode and he will look weak..AGAIN. AJ has zero to no momentum right now after losing the US title and then to Finn. If AJ wins (which i would love to see) means they give up on the Mahal experiment. and it leaves a loose end to fill for that 5th spot.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This will either be a massive disappointment or a huge surprise.

If Mahal isn't losing the championship, there's no reason why this match couldn't have happen the week after next. I was looking forward to AJ vs Rusev too.
I haven't had an issue with Mahal as champ but this decision may change that.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel like this was made last minute probably because Jinder might have a minor injury and they need to keep him off tv for a little bit so that he's 100% healthy for the india tour. What i would see happening is A.J. Styles wins the belt on tuesday goes on to face Lesnar and then drop the belt back to Jinder in India which would lead to AJ's rematch at clash of champion.

I think Aj doesn'T need a long title run to be over, he's a great hand on top and will stay over no matter what. In the end, this would make the WWE vs Universal champion match better, then you can do the push toward the Cena vs Jinder for the title at mania.