WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-01-2017, 07:07 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

Cruiserweight Division was always pointless because it shits on whole premise of wrestling, and that is that no matter how you look you can beat guys that are twice your size. Sure, in history best draws are those jacked up big sweaty men and if we look at Lesnar we could see why he is main Champion and not someone like Neville, but "David vs Goliat" kind of story is why Daniel Bryan stood tall after Wrestlemania 30. Today they would probably stuck him with Enzo Amore and be done with him instead of utilize him on bigger things. Another problem they have with Division is that 2 of best(Neville and Aries) left because they clearly are not happy with breadcrumbs they got from WWE as third grade show they are in is clearly not that lucrative for anyone who wants real money and who could be at least utilized as some midcard Champion or at least contender. So in conclusion: They are "beating the dead horse" and nobody new can fix that.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

205 Live is where TV14 should return. It's a late night program that can turn off the attitude for Raw and PPVs. With the Network's parental controls I think parents have the ability to censor what their kids can see.

With that WWE should supplant the current 205 appearance with something that is strictly focused on Enzo. Get rid of the purple and make the ropes and belt cheetah print. Bring in more wrestlers who can play up the NY/NJ stereotype. Is Little Guido still a thing?

Make Lana the GM. She can appear on SD and 205 Live and just look good. She doesn't need to get physical, just stand there and talk for a minute or two.

Do more (maybe once a week, or once every two weeks) Mexican style clusterfuck spot fest tag matches. Give up on pleasing the kids. They failed pretty badly with TJP. Kids don't have time or attention to give to the wrestlers who look like their older brother. Other guys like Gallagher and Gulak are one trick ponies who have quickly diminishing returns. Hardcore just feels like it would have a nice home on 205 Live.

Etc. Etc. Etc

But in the end, no 205 Live won't be popular. I'm not sure what the point of it is. No one is buying the Network for it. I don't think they can ever brand it and tour. Maybe they are hoping to sell it to a syndicated or international group as it's own show some day.

But for now it just seems like a way to help fill that third your of Raw that needed filling after the recent brand split.

I don't know. Some of the arguments here against it don't make sense. While there are some terrific David and Goliath stories in wrestling, the reason the stories succeed is partially because of the precedent WWE sets by having Goliath win most of the time. A guy like Neville was never going to have a large influence on 205 Live's popularity. He's a fine hand but not that interesting. Women's wrestling has grown significantly and has more room to grow. But women are different from men in a different way that smaller men are different from larger men.

Ramble over.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 11-01-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

They could use more charismatic characters as Enzo is really the only one on the roster. He carries himself like a rockstar and has that 1998 Jericho personality going on. He's brought more interest to the show than before. We could use more Rey's, Eddie's, Juvi's, La Parka's and I'm not talking guys like Kalisto, Rich Swann, who are dull as dishwater and poor attempts of guys like Rey and Parka.

But at the same time I also agree with the criticisms the division gets. Even some of the top guys pull off the same moves, spots and style as the Cruiserweights do, so it doesn't make them exciting, stand out or anything. And the purple colour scheme with the ropes and everything needs to go. They're trying to make the division look special but it isn't special and everybody can see through it for what it really is. It makes them look too desperate & tryhard and they need to stop. Make it feel like a part of the show than a separate show. Get rid of 205 Live as no one really cares for the show. The Cruiserweight Division of the mid-2000's was much better than today's and didn't have any of that ridiculous stuff. It felt like a good part of Smackdown. Make it feel like a good part of Raw today.

Last edited by Big Poppa : 11-01-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:14 AM

adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...

Unless Finn Balor becomes the guy to carry the Cruiserweight division, its going to be really hard to find the next Rey Mysterio to be the star in that division.

I tend to think they WWE would be better off giving the hour to the women.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:46 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Gee at this point in time I don't think anyone can. They've pretty much tried everything at this rate by making Neville actually relevant, putting the mouthpiece known as Enzo Amore on the show and moving Kalisto over. They should have done the last two a long time ago.

Now I hear talk of Itami and Rockstar Spud coming on board as well. Issue is the boat has sailed already. Itami was a big thing when he first arrived in NXT, unfortunately injuries have pretty much done him in. I think everyone is just waiting for the next one to happen, poor guy. Rockstar Spud, I don't know that well. Like Dagger, I had stopped watching TNA by the time they signed him.

The thing with 205 Live is this. I used to watch the show when it first debuted and it was okay. The WWE in their infinite wisdom though, never really gave these guys a chance. Instead they were used as filler matches on RAW and no one really got a chance to know what they were about. The WWE just expected fans to watch a match here and there, then tune in. Even when fans tuned in there wasn't much of a storyline involved for anyone.

Neville becoming King of the Cruiserweights changed that somewhat, but like I said before the ship had already left the dock. Fans wouldn't stay after SD Live to watch 205 Live, lot's of empty seats. It's a shame really because some of these guys are pretty good in the ring. Kind of unfortunate for them that there is so much else going on. Maybe the suggestion of filming 205 right after NXT in the same place makes some sense. I mean crap we know that the NXT crowd likes everything don't we?
Old 11-02-2017, 03:27 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Aliester Black and Johnny Gargano, hope Vince and beaver Dunn won't screw it up with like 90 percent of the talent in the division.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...BigBombB is looking to come up from OCW...

Here's an idea that I think could definitely have some potential.

It would begin with some small changes. Bring in Rockstar Spud but use him as a manager initially, put him with Drew Gulak and Tony Nese; Spud does the majority of the promos while the others add a few touches that reflect their individual characters. Along with Amore, Kendrick, and Gallagher, the heels could start to absolutely dominate the division.

In the meantime, Johnny Gargano becomes NXT Champion. With the growing momentum of Gargano, both Shane and Kurt want to sign him to their brands before the other one can. Gargano is invited to both shows, given all the perks and luxuries, then asked to make his choice. He arrives on Raw the next week, where Kurt is there with Seth Rollins (the first NXT champion) who says his piece about what Raw did for his career then Daniel Bryan comes out with Kevin Owens, another former NXT champion, and they both talk about Smackdown being the place to be. Gargano says the decision has weighed heavily on his mind then gives an impassioned speech about a roster that is full of some of the best talent he has ever worked with, who he came through the indies with, and that he think will be the future of the WWE. Gargano chooses...205 Live.

This seems insane to everyone with Owens losing his mind, having wasted his time coming to the "inferior brand" and this leads to the "first ever" match on Raw that doesn't even involve members of the brand (Smackdown vs. NXT)! Without Zayn there to turn the odds, Gargano is able to pull out a freak win and heads down to 205 Live to give his victory speech. This is when Tomasso Ciampa decides to make his return, attacking Gargano and moving their feud from NXT to 205 Live.

Just like that there is already one reason to tune into 205 Live. Then they start pushing even harder. X-Pac is brought in for a one off feud with Enzo Amore, it is built up through promos and the two tear each other apart verbally building up to...the first 205 Live special event. With a double main event of Gargano/Ciampa for the NXT Title and Amore/X-Pac for the 205 title, especially if they are built up on Raw, along with a few undercard matches and maybe even a big surprise (maybe the return of Neville?) then it could easily be a big deal.

Looking into the future, they bring in someone like Rey Mysterio to headline the second special event against another top cruiserweight talent (maybe Gargano?) then toss in a debut of Hideo Itami, put him against Akira Tozawa for the Japanese dream match, and you have another big event. If Neville returned on the last show, this could be the Neville vs. Amore rematch, and suddenly you have three legit big matches on a "cruiserweight show".

Just saying, it isn't impossible, and this isn't even involving new talent on the Indy scene like Ricochet and Will Ospreay, or bringing in any former X-Division stars, or anything else that could bolster the division.

Last edited by BigBombB : 11-02-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Nobody.

The division is useless and 205 Live is even more useless. Some will argue that guys like Enzo and Neville have benefited from it. Perhaps, yes. I can see the argument in Neville's case, but is there truly anything he did as Cruiserweight Champion that he couldn't have done as United States Champion or Intercontinental Champion? He could have still cut the same types of promos while holding one of the two midcard titles. The Cruiserweights are treated terribly. Up until this summer they had the purple ropes which, while they do look cool, only further showed how inferior the cruiserweights looked. 205 Live is pointless. Why should people waste their time watching that when the important angles for the cruiserweights are still featured on Raw? Neville and Aries did not make me want to watch 205 Live. The additions of Enzo and Kalisto did not either. Why bother? Nothing that happens on that show matters.

Adding anyone else would be a demotion for guys on Raw/Smackdown and a missed opportunity for anyone on NXT. People sometimes say that Finn should go to the Cruiserweights. That's a horrible idea. He is a former Universal Champion. Why go from the top division to the weakest one? Others have said Gargano should go there after NXT. Why? He could have a ton of potential as a top face on the main roster. Itami has been rumored to be going there. I have mixed thoughts on that. He is less likely to get jobbed out, though he will have less opportunities if he is "stuck" like the other cruiserweights. The division will never be what the WCW version was and it has become what the divas division once was, a chance to head to the pantry for a snack. It adds NOTHING to the table and should be removed. Put the guys currently in it into tag teams (both brands need them) and have bigger names go challenge the midcard champions. Enzo can't save the division and no one else has the charisma to even have the chance to do so.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:40 PM

GetTheTables is looking to come up from OCW...

It can't be made into something the fans really care about and invest in. Unfortunately, Vince is unable to admit his mistakes so we will have to keep watching this 205 train wreck.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:53 AM

CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...

The biggest problem facing the cruiserweight division is the fact that cruiserweight wrestling is no longer special.

Sexcellence of Sexection pointed out that main roster guys Balor, Rollins, and AJ Styles all do flips too.

Cruiserweight style matches have been creeping into the WWE's main event spotlight from Randy Savage and Shawn Michaels to Chris Jericho, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan.

But even John Cena does springboard stunners, sunset flip powerbombs, and has landed at least one hurracanrana out no where.

Kurt Angle moonsaults with Kevin Owens frog splashing.

And I bet Brock Lesnar wants to land at least 1 shooting star press to make up for his botch. It must be eating him up inside.

Shane O'Mac has landed a few awesome shooting star presses for chrissakes!

WCW's cruiserweight division was special b/c only cruiserweights did lucha libre style moves.

Blitzkrieg, Psychosis, and Juventud Guerrera put on live Matrix/Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon style matches without the benefit of wires, special effects, and editing tricks every Monday Night.

And then they still had the star power of Rey Mysterio Jr, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, and Eddie Guerrero.

The division was so stacked that Dean Malenko was rated the #1 Professional Wrestler in the PWI 500 in 1997.

The cruiserweights were special because you never saw Sting, Goldberg, nor DDP moonsault.

I can't think of a single NWO member that ever even attempted a single hurracanrana.

And no Big Pumpa Pump doesn't do hurracanranas. He does frankensteiners. There's a subtle but key difference.

The WWE needs to take away the lucha style moves from the main roster.

Instead, they watered down the cruiserweights to slow down the pace for the story telling.

This is worse than Pete Carroll's playcalling when the Patriots intercepted the pass at the goal line to beat the Seahawks.

This way the cruiserweights get the Brock Lesnar treatment when the fans know that only their matches have the cool lucha libre moves.

Also, the cruiserweights will get a kayfabe tactical advantage for competitive balance against larger opponents that have no defense against moves they rarely see.

Furthermore, I agree that another thing missing from the Cruiserweight division is star power.

I disagree that they need main roster guys like Finn Balor and Seth Rollins.

Also, I disagree that NXT will save the division when Ciampa and Gargano get pulled up.

I think they are missing Zack Sabre Jr. and Kota Ibushi.

Every participant in the Cruiserweight Classic was an awesome worker and they were all given time to work.

The tournament told an awesome story and everyone contributed to make it feel special.

But Kota's match against Cedric Alexander was the match of tourney.

Sabre Jr. put on consistently great matches too.

Those dudes were the exclamation points at the end of how awesome the Cruiserweight Classic was!!

Then came the division went to Raw.

Things might've been better had they gone to Smackdown. But they lost all of the initial buzz and momentum pretty quickly.

Outside of a few standout matches from Neville, I have been slowly losing interest in the 205 Live product since the Cruiserwight Classic.

Maybe Hideo Itami might also save the day.

But after Shinsuke Nakamura and Asuka's main roster debuts, I worry for the former Kenta Kobashi.

Last edited by CrunKSinatrA : 11-03-2017 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spelling and skipping words