WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-30-2017, 01:19 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

OK, let us start with the one who is probably going to disappear. Summer Rae was basically eye candy, and nothing else. She was NOT a great wrestler by any stretch of the imagination. She was basically valet material. Nothing more and nothing less. If she continues in wrestling, I would be surprised. I think she is looking at Hollywood.

Darren Young is an enigma. Granted, he was not much in the ring. He was great with Titus O'Neil. Then, he came out. His problem became Fed Phelps inability to use judgment when he ripped the Middle East tour. Yes, Fred Phelps was, and is right about the rampant and merciless discrimination the LGBT community receives in those countries. However, you do not rip your own company when they are going to those countries to help pay your salary. He was on borrowed time from that point forward. #MDYGA with Bob Backlund was very much a bust. IN the end, no surprise of his release. However....

This could very well be a blessing in disguise. Earlier, the Young Bucks put out a Rainbow-colored Bullet Club shirt in his honor. This makes for an intriguing question: Does Cody Rhodes put in a good word for fka Darren Young in New Japan? If New Japan is serious about the fan base in SE Asia, Mr. Phelps will go a long way. Remember, homosexuality is tolerated in SE Asia. You will see Ladyboys all over the place. Can you picture New Japan doing shows in Thailand, and every Ladyboy wants a picture with fka Darren Young? And, even if they do not go all out in SE Asia, fka Darren Young could still be a big draw on the USA coasts. fka Darren Young could wind up being a bigger star LEAVING WWE then he ever was in it.

A long time ago on these very boards, I said WWE would do Emma a favor is they "Future Endeavor" her. I said that she would be far more appreciated in Japan or Europe. I was right then. And, I am right now. After that incident in a Hartford Wal-Mart, WWE would not give Emma the right time of day. The ONLY reason they rehired her was because of the Australian Tour they would have soon after. SO, now that she is gone, and I think Tennille Tayla will be far better for it. I can virtually guarantee Rossy Ogawa, Chigusa Nagayo, or the gang at Ice Ribbon have been ringing Ms. Dashwood's phone off the hook since Mr. Ceman dropped the bomb on Emma. She would be a major asset to Stardom. She would be battling the likes of Kris Wolf and Io Shirai. Furthermore, she could serve as a mentor to AZM, Momo Watanabe, and if she comes back, Arisu Nanase. If she goes to Marvelous, she would be a gaijin lynchpin to an up and coming roster featuring Takumi Iroha, rising star Mio Momono, and being led by the legendary Chigusa Nagayo. She goes to Ica Ribbon, and we may get a "dream match" between Tennille Tayla (fka Emma) and Manami Toyota. Either way, she will be a far bigger star coming out of Japan than she ever would have been in WWE. If she goes this route, I would not be surprised if Trips brings her back to NXT in 2-3 years a la Drew Galloway(McIntyre)..

Get out the popcorn. There are going to be plenty of more cuts coming.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 AM
WCW TV Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
R-Truth and Golddust better run for the hills, if another release is coming, it's probably one of those guys.
I don't think Goldust will ever be released, but more likely not used. Dustin will probably be a trainer (he is doing a bit of that now) and Goldust might still appear from time to time in Royal Rumbles and the like.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:10 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockiswwf View Post
What? Holy crap no.

Looks are subjective. Summer Rae's talent level is way below the current top women stars. It would take too much time to get her going vs growing new talent. Emma probably got released because she complained.

Natalya is also employed because of her talent. Not a great character but good in-ring and probably mentors people backstage. Valuable to have. Naomi has that glow stuff. Probably good for merch. Charlotte is awesome. Tamina is solely employed because of her dad but she is probably very cheap. This is the only one you are right about. Becky Lynch isn't any harder to understand than Sheamus.
Natalya has her place and they used it in the past when they sent her and Tyson to NXT as "RA" types, who helped new talent adjust. She now is the the "elder stateswoman" of the Women's division... she has the experience, knowledge of the company and time served that she is probably safe until such time as she chooses to leave. Also, there is the elephant in the room of Tyson suing them the moment she is fired that is coming into play... that's a case WWE probably would lose, so they keep both on the payroll.

Naomi - they've learned not to fire wives of talents they want to keep from when Lawler walked. Naomi has improved and made her "glow" gimmick work, so fair play to her... not sure she should be "safe automatically" but they don't want to piss the Uso's off at this point so it's no harm... she's at least good fodder for Ronda and the girls when they come in.

Alicia Fox is the interesting one... it seems surprising they've just pushed her to be captain of the SS team as she is one I'd have pegged to be released AHEAD of Emma. Perhaps this is the same for her, she gets a big PPV moment and released straight after...

Tamina is an interesting one as her family name has a lot of stigma... but she is also someone who can be fed to Ronda or one of her girls early to set them up as being badass.

Becky Lynch... I don't think it's about the accent. I think there's a little bit of Finn Balor backlash on her... their relationship has never really been defined, are they ex's, just teacher and student or best mates? They couldn't punish Balor for getting hurt and ruining their plans but they could penalise Becky indirectly. Ironically I think her "steampunk" thing is the best "look" of all the Women other than Alexa... it's crying out for her and Marty Scurll with his plauge mask to be a duo tho.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

Yes they need to do the following as well

1) Release Ziggler & Neville (they are more trouble than worth right now)
2) Send The Revival, The Ascension, & Apollo Crews back to NXT. Revival needs to get built back up after injuries and Crews needs repackaging. Ascension could help get new up and comers over down on NXT.
3) Call up McIntyre (Raw), Authors of Pain (Smackdown), & Ember Moon (Raw)
4) Package Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas as a Tag Team
5) Reform the Lucha Dragons to (Raw)
Old 10-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Has Ascended
WWE Diva's Champion

Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...Undying scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to Undying

Out of everyone to release you release 2 women? Aren't these so called "divisions" lacking enough already? There has already been about 20 multi women matches on both shows because there are like 5 women on each show for two separate titles. Head scratching really. That's about the only reason I miss Summer Rae, not because I thought she was great but because both shows need more women and we don't want to raid NXT like crazy right now.

Nothing to be said about Emma. She has a point to starting the Revolution with her matches against Paige. They weren't quite as a good as the four horsewomen's matches, but they definitely made me take notice due to actually being treated like something worth while and not a piss break. Emma will find much success in a company that will use her a lot better and she will be back down the road in NXT once again for hopefully a better 2nd run.

Darren Young was approaching JTG legendary status of wondering how he still has a job for so long. Nexus was 2010? 7 years that guy lasted. Maybe the gay thing was a factor but for someone so incredibly average and uninteresting that's quite the stretch. I don't feel as bad for wrestlers getting let go as the Indy market is banging right now, but it still sucks for them losing their (or any wrestler's) dream job.

With that said I hope news will break of Dolph Ziggler relatively soon. I was watching old Raws and that guy has literally been here for over 10 years and is the exact same uninteresting wrestler as when I watched him against Mysterio, Bryan etc. Maybe he can finally request to be let go himself since he's complained every year about being held back but apparently likes the smell of money too much for his ego to get in the way otherwise he would have left long ago.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's really sad that Emma and Summer left. I think both were good workhorse talents to the women division, good heels that could have been champions at some point if the bookers woulf have been behind them. I really don't know how girls like Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke and Tamina are still employed in the WWE main roster and this girls aren't.
I am not sad about Darren. He did nothing in the WWE in the last 2 years. The only way I would have seen him as a relevant character is by reuniting the Prime Time Players, but with Titus WorldWide that is not meant to be.
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

Darren Young - Longer career than anybody expected, so kudos to him for sticking around. There was definitely untapped potential, Young could have played a character that was more over the top and outlandish. He was not super memorable in Prime Time Players but showed lots of personality, so repackaging would've been the best idea. His gimmick in the indies "Frederick of Hollywood" would've been funny if WWE could've found a way to do that.

Emma - The "Emmalina" failure was the writing on the wall. She was not a great performer. Her dancing gimmick was pathetic and reminded me of dying WCW. I don't really think she was WWE material.

Summer Rae - She had a 1980's valet vibe to her that never clicked. She was pretty, but weird looking also. I think her greatest potential was being a Total Divas character. I won't miss her, nobody else will either.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...

They can't keep the same roster forever and those names aren't a surprise as they weren't really being used, Sadly theres not really many places for those guys to go and work now.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:01 AM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akathelaw View Post
Summer Rae - She had a 1980's valet vibe to her that never clicked. She was pretty, but weird looking also.
It's her nose, it doesn't really fit her face for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromGlasgow View Post
They can't keep the same roster forever and those names aren't a surprise as they weren't really being used, Sadly theres not really many places for those guys to go and work now.
Totally agree, but Young and Summer Rae hadn't been used in forever now. Some probably forgot they existed, I know I did.

I think Summer Rae's career in the ring is over though, she's got a bad back from her time in the WWE. I remember reading she wants to go to do movies or modeling or something like that.

Darren Young, can't say if he will stay as a wrestler or not, just don't know that much about him. But there is still TNA and the indies if he does. Same with Emma, she can make a lot of money in Japan. The bonus for her is if she does go to Japan, she is close to her home in Australia.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:28 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Emma is arguably the biggest loss for WWE as she could've been a very good addition to the women division which isn't much deep. She has shown multiple times that she can perform well be it in the ring or her heel work. That Emmalina stuff sucked. Emma is a perfect example of booking messing up a wrestler. Surely miss her.

Was never interested in Darren Young. That "Make Darren Young Great Again" angle had Backlund outshining Darren Young. Big number of matches against Titus O'Neal hasn't helped his case either. Won't miss him.

Summer Rae was alright as a manager. Would've liked to see her wrestle more in the ring though. That horrible angle with Lana, Rusev and Ziggler worsened her case.