WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-27-2017, 04:57 PM

Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...Glacier is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Is Roman Reigns A Draw?

This article/study suggests he is not, and may be a negative draw.

Sort of surprising.

https://www.fightful.com/is-roman-reigns-a-draw
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Unless we get some actual document from an insider or wwe themselves, We won't be able to know if anyone is really a draw. I mean to me a draw is based off crowd response, merch sales, live event attendance crowd.

1) If we look at live events then attendance is down
2) I base merch on the number of different designs and merch a super stars has hence new day and Cena constantly having different merch. Reigns seems to have the same exact shirt for a year now so idk how well he is selling
3) we all know his crowd response
Old 10-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Sufferin' Succotash.

Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...Snugglebites worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Look at the RAW highlights posted on the WWE YouTube channel each week. The ones involving Reigns will usually have the most views.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:28 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...

Forbes did a story a couple of years ago where they said none of the members of the Shield has been a draw. They recently did one about WWE using part-timers so much, saying Roman has not been a draw.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Just call on me brother
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...No Count Pup is looking to come up from OCW...

Though an anecdotal rather than empirical point, I venture to guess that WWE wouldn't invest so much in Roman if they didn't like the return. WWE financials this quarter were high and stocks saw an uptick. Every WrestleMania in recent memory (three headlined by Roman) seems to top the last in key metrics such as gross earnings, host city revenue (which allows WWE to drive up costs to future host cities), live gates, and WWE Network subscriptions. In terms of WWE attendance, Smackdown may be pulling the attendance averages down a bit. That's not a knock on Smackdown, it's just reality.

I’ll just add one more point: Roman has kept Raw ratings afloat relatively well considering the TV industry’s drop in viewership across the board (including live sports). In addition, Roman hasn’t been world champion in close to a year and a half. Yes, Roman is the face of the company but the only Universal Champion to show up on TV on a weekly basis has been Kevin Owens. The world champions should be held to account too. All in all, the WWE brand itself draws more people in than any present-day wrestler can. WWE is an American institution, embedded in the pop culture.

Last edited by No Count Pup : 10-27-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:15 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Count Pup View Post
Iíll just add one more point: Roman has kept Raw ratings afloat relatively well considering the TV industryís drop in viewership across the board (including live sports). In addition, Roman hasnít been world champion in close to a year and a half. Yes, Roman is the face of the company but the only Universal Champion to show up on TV on a weekly basis has been Kevin Owens. The world champions should be held to account too. All in all, the WWE brand itself draws more people in than any present-day wrestler can. WWE is an American institution, embedded in the pop culture.
Actually ratings have been at historic lows this year, but in saying that you can't blame Roman Reigns or anyone else. I blame the overall booking of RAW and also the fact that you have an absentee champion.

To the OP. It's not fair to include the Wrestlemania gate for any wrestler to be honest. Mania sells itself and it doesn't matter who is in the main event, people will buy tickets and show up. The rumour mill is stating that it will be Lesnar/Reigns in the main event next year and the event will sell out anyway. It could be a trained chimpanzee against a ferret, fans would still flock to it.

No one wrestler on the card right now is a draw. It is the roster as a whole that is selling tickets. Here in Toronto it doesn't matter whether it's a RAW or SD Live show, it will always sell. I think it depends more on the city, fans and how often the WWE shows up that drives the ticket sales. We get a house show every three months so they always do well. If we had one a month maybe not so much.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

He's drawing more than the rest of the roster and only Styles actually can compete with him in that aspect, but he's definately drawing less than Cena, HHH, Lesnar, Taker etc.

So the answer is: it depends. He's the best draw they have. But is he the draw?

I don't think he is.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:17 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The WWE is like Ice Capades, Holiday on Ice, and Sesame Street LIVE!. When people buy the tickets, they are going to see WWE. It could be Lesnar, it could be Reigns, could be Ellsworth, hell, it could be Slyfox vs. Crocker in a Last Man Standing match. What I am trying to say that if WWE is in town, WWE is the draw. If your REALLY want to find out someone's drawing capabilities, you need to go to the Indies. There is where you will find out who draws well. Cody Rhodes is showing that he is a draw. So was Damien Sandow and the Hardy Boyz draws in the Indies. But, unless Reigns goes the Indy route, there is no way of telling if he is a draw. In the meantime, WWE, not the individuals, is the draw.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:42 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Is roman reigns a draw? It depends on what the definition of a draw is. If you're thinking of guys like cena, flair, austin, hogan and rock, then he's no where near that level. But I do feel that for this era of wwe, he's pretty much the biggest full name beside aj styles they have right now.

When I think of what a draw is, it's the guy that brings fans of all ages to live events, it's about who selling tickets, who's selling the most merchandise. You can say that The brand is what attract fans to the shows but that's bullshit in my opinion. If you bring a wwe live event somewhere and all you have is the midcard and low midcard guys on the card, they would wrestle in front of less then 1000 peoples even if tey have a huge brand.

So they need name and reigns is a live event draw. By my experience, he always been the most over guys on the roster during live events and at tv tapings, he getting the biggest reaction, good or bad he's still getting the bigest reaction everywhere he goes so he's a draw that sense.

His merch sales seem to be going pretty well considering how much merchandise they are putting out so that way he a draw.

Considering, the landscape of cable tv right now, the ratigs seem to keep steady with him on top even if he's not the champion so again he's a draw. Same goes with the network number which stayed steady even without brock on every ppv. So he's a draw their. He helped strowman becoming a big name on aw with their feud, that's a draw does.

So in the end, he might not be a draw in the same way as austin or cena or even hogan, but for this era, he's a draw.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:09 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
When I think of what a draw is, it's the guy that brings fans of all ages to live events, it's about who selling tickets, who's selling the most merchandise. You can say that The brand is what attract fans to the shows but that's bullshit in my opinion. If you bring a wwe live event somewhere and all you have is the midcard and low midcard guys on the card, they would wrestle in front of less then 1000 peoples even if tey have a huge brand.
It's not bullshit. There is a house show here in Toronto on December 30th and it is almost sold out. I don't think the announcement has been made yet as too whether it's a RAW or SD show. As soon a tickets went on sale they were very hard to get. I know as a friend of mine was trying, we are not going.

I doubt very highly that if it's a SD show, you know one that Reigns won't be appearing in, people will not show up. They always do. Listen everyone on the roster is a draw, the brand itself is a draw. So many times we've gone to a show and the main event match has had to be changed. Once it was Daniel Bryan, he took time off after his father died and once it was Reigns. No one left the arena, we all stayed and enjoyed the show anyway.

Anything can happen from the time tickets go on sale and the date of the actual event. I'm sure that certain wrestlers sell more tickets than other, but no one wrestler on the roster is a huge draw right now in the way that Hogan or Austin was. They are all part and parcel of the live tour, whether the wrestler in question shows up or not the fans will still be there.