WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-25-2017, 06:20 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Survivor Series - Mens Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

While we've yet to know who'll be making up Raw's male team, we know that Randy Orton will be the blue brand's first team member due to his win over Sami Zayn last night. I'm mixed on that seeing as how it might turn out to be yet another example of WWE being unwilling to sustain the momentum of a fresh face, it's pretty much par for the course at this point. However, in the weeks to come, this could be an overall good decision depending on where they go with it. For instance, Kevin Owens faces Shinsuke Nakamura for a spot on the team next week and I have a feeling he'll lose as well; so maybe this means that Sami & KO will play spoilers for the blue brand and wind up doing something at Survivor Series to cause SmackDown to lose the match. If so, then I think Sami losing to Orton last night was worth it; if not, then it's the same old bullshit of so many modern stars not gaining any steady momentum due to questionable booking decisions.

When it's all said & done, I think that the teams might look something like this:

Team Raw - Kurt Angle, Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Sheamus & Cesaro

Team SmackDown - Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles & Bobby Roode

Yup, I've little doubt that Shane and Angle will be in this bout. I could be wrong but it's just something I see going down. Shane was part of the match last year, so it's likely he will this year and if they want to have Angle wrestle but save a 1 on 1 match for a later time, then putting him in these tag team situations is a good way to protect him. I'd rather they had the spots go to full time wrestlers but Vince is whacky for special attractions to get prime spots on major shows.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hmmmm, not convinced you are correct on the teams you have mentioned.
I think the Smackdown one is pretty much spot on but I do not see Shane taking part. That last spot will go to Jericho or maybe Rusev in my opinion. I see Owens and Zayn costing the blue brand the match.

Team Raw

Roman Reigns - yes, without question and will no doubt be the captain.

Finn Balor - can't disagree with you on that one.

Kurt Angle - I do not see them using him in a Wrestling capacity so soon after TLC (which was forced). Angle will be saved until Wrestlemania IMO. Plus he would be taking a roster spot.

The Bar - currently involved in a story line with Kurt Angle so I doubt they would be on his team fighting for Raw superiority. It doesn't make sense.

The alternatives...

Braun Strowman - rumours he will be fighting Kane but where does this keep in with the Raw vs Smackdown theme? He won't be left off the card.

Samoa Joe - set to return from injury. Has history with Kurt - good and bad, could be the saviour.

Bray Wyatt - another big name I can't see missing out on the event.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:23 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would prefer for the two teams to not look similar to last year's teams, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 guys.
2016/last year:
Team SmackDown (AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, and Shane McMahon)
Team Raw (Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins)

My guess for 2017's SD v Raw match:

Team Raw:
Finn balor- Leader/Angle chooses him as leader, due to defeating AJ.
Cesaro
Sheamus
Elias
Samoa Joe

Team Smackdown:
AJ Styles-Leader
Big E
Kofi Kingston
Kevin Owens- Zayn and Owens attacks Orton on pre-show or during the ppv, and Owens replaces him in the main event.
Shinsuke Nakamura

There are a lot of possibilities, but with the champion(s) vs champion(s) matches, I think this is probably how I would like to see this match be.
Reason some guys are not involved:
*Bray needs to stay off tv, until they figure out what to do with him
*Reigns, i am hoping is used as the special ref in the Shield vs Usos match
*Braun will hopefully fight Kane. No need for every match to not have build/reason.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:51 PM

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

There are rumors floating about today that the final line up for this match will be as follows:

Team Raw: Kurt Angle, Roman Reigns, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe & Braun Strowman vs. Team SmackDown: Shane McMahon, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Sinsuke Nakamura & Bobby Roode

IF this does turn out to the match, I expect Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn to do something to cost the blue brand the match. Owens is expected to face Nakamura tomorrow night on SD Live for a spot on the blue team, as we saw with Orton & Zayn last week, so a loss for Owens could lead for Zayn and himself to screw over the blue brand at Survivor Series and set themselves up as the top heels on SD Live going forward. After this, I think they really need to tone things down with Shane on SmackDown as he's becoming much too front and center for my liking. I've really liked not having on-air authority figures all over the show and being the centerpiece of things for the blue brand and I like that Raw finally followed suit, but I think Shane needs to start taking a backseat again.

As for Angle and Shane being involved, the writing was on the wall even before SmackDown's "invasion" of Raw last week.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-31-2017, 05:39 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It looks a bit of a mismatch to me. You have a Wrestling legend leading team Raw in Kurt Angle and a TV Character leading Smackdown who has lost his last 3 high profile matches to Undertaker, AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

Reigns, Strowman and Joe are three of the top names in the company right. Orton still has credibility, Styles is a top name but Nakumura and Roode are upper midcarders at best.

Smackdown really lacks some star power and could do with a 'monster heel'. I have to say it is illogical for Kevin Owens to be on team Smackdown but he would add a bit of much needed 'brute'.

Personally at this time I would have gone:

Raw - Roman Reigns (captain), Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Jason Jordan

Smackdown - Randy Orton (captain), AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Shinsuka Nakumura, Baron Corbin

I would give the US Title to Bobby Roode and have him face The Miz.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:20 PM

adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...adam is looking to come up from OCW...

There are going to be some questions on whether Roman will be back by the Survivor series but I'd expect outside interference from KO& Sami along with Kane to impact the match for the SD live guys really lack the size to deal with Roman, Joe and Braun. Likely Roman will carry Raw to the win if he's ready but I can certainly see KO and Sami helping Raw win.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:45 AM

GetTheTables is looking to come up from OCW...

Despite the Raw team looking stronger, I'd have picked them to win regardless simply because Smackdown won last year.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion

Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think it's guaranteed at this point that Owens and Sami will cost Team Smackdown the match and Smackdown won last year, so Raw should win this year especially as they have the stronger looking team.

Personally, I might've gone with this lineup instead...

Raw: Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Kane and Finn Balor vs. Smackdown: Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:42 PM

With Jason Jordan filling the final spot for the Raw men's team, it doesn't feel as lopsided as it would have if it'd gone to Roman Reigns. There's a lot of talent on Raw but nobody, aside from Kurt Angle, that's been a long term star with the company. Aside from Angle, the only Raw team member to capture gold in WWE has been Finn Balor. Over on the blue brand, when you look at things from a certain perspective, SmackDown's team look like favorites; Randy Orton is the long term star of the team as a 13 time World Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura's a 2 time NXT Champion, Bobby Roode's became NXT Champion by beating Nakamura, Shane is the novelty act and the final spot is anyone's guess.

Team Raw has the strength factor going for them with Strowman, Joe & Jordan. Angle might've lost a few steps but he can still deliver while Jordan & Balor bring athleticism to the dance. Not really any powerhouses on the blue brand but Shane's the risk taker, Nakamura is the striker, Roode's the mat guy while Orton's sorta the jack of all trades to some degree.

It seems like a given that Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn will do something to cause the blue team to lose or, at the very least, do something to cause the elimination of at least one or two members. For the red team, the same thing could be said about Kane as I could see Kane interfering for the purpose of eliminating Braun Strowman, possibly via count out or stunning him long enough for someone from SmackDown to hit their finisher so that Braun is down enough time to be pinned.

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I'm sorry but I feel like these teams are weak.

Why not have it like this?
RAW: Strowman, Balor, Angle, Wyatt, Joe

SD: Nakamura, Orton, Zayn, Owens, Shane

I get that they're trying to build something with Owens and Zayn here, but they're two top names and the members of Smackdown trying to co-exist with each other would make some good TV and would make the match even more interesting.

Also, adding Bray Wyatt to the RAW team would raise the intimacy of the match, with Balor and Strowman in there as well. Kurt Angle, leading a team of freaks also sells more.

Isn't Bray ready to come back? I doubt that.

Also, instead of doing the stupid IC Champ vs the US Champ, because that match literally means nothing, why not have a RAW star challenge for the US title and a SD star challenge for the IC title. That way you really raise the stakes, as one brand could lose a championship.
Then have, Jordan vs Corbin for the US title and Roode vs Miz for the IC title, after Jordan and Roode have each defeated Elias and Ziggler to get these spots.

This card could have been better than what it is right now.