WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-24-2017, 12:12 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,569
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Survivor Series: Champion VS Champion - The Miz VS Baron Corbin

I think this is a perfect example of why WWE should just do a bunch of traditional Survivor Series matches the way they used to instead of this route. Both Corbin and Miz are heels, there's no reason or rhyme to cheer for one over the other, there's no heat between them, there's not really going to be any and it's just going to make for a snoozefest of a match. Simply calling it a champion vs. champion match, which is what the match is, and expecting fans to be hyped about seeing it just won't work.

As for who wins, does it really matter? Nothing that takes place on the Survivor Series under its current format means a damn and I think this is the sort of stuff that's had so many fans hoping for years that Vince McMahon will soon step down as CEO, for whatever reason. The whole thing just feels so friggin' lazy that I can't muster myself to give a damn and I can usually do that in most situations.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,247
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Are they really going with this? They can't be going with this, but at the same time, I don't want either Miz or Corbin to drop the belts now. Well actually, I didn't want Corbin to be the US champ in the first place, but now he is and we can't change that.

Champion vs Champion for everyone.

Let's also ignore the fact that all angles will most likely get postponed.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2017, 09:54 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,369
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

I actually could see one or the other lose their title before the ppv since they said it was a champion vs champion match so whoever is the ic champ will face whoever is the u.s champ. So let's just say maybe reigns comes back from his illness and beats miz for the ic title. Then you have reigns vs corbin instead which is a better match on paper then the miz vs corbin. Same goes for corbin, if let's say, aj styles beats corbin for the u.s title, then you have miz vs aj styles which is even a better match then what they have.

In the end, this match isn't set in stone right now and since they hyped the fact that for now that's the match but it could change if one of them lose their championship makes me think that maybe on of them will drop their belt before survivor series.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.'s Avatar
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is offline
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Age: 21
Posts: 1,247
Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I actually could see one or the other lose their title before the ppv since they said it was a champion vs champion match so whoever is the ic champ will face whoever is the u.s champ. So let's just say maybe reigns comes back from his illness and beats miz for the ic title. Then you have reigns vs corbin instead which is a better match on paper then the miz vs corbin. Same goes for corbin, if let's say, aj styles beats corbin for the u.s title, then you have miz vs aj styles which is even a better match then what they have.

In the end, this match isn't set in stone right now and since they hyped the fact that for now that's the match but it could change if one of them lose their championship makes me think that maybe on of them will drop their belt before survivor series.
Reigns beating the Miz, even though I don't like it, would definately make the card better and would also turn Miz into RAW's leader. Plus you have the Shield walking in the event as champions.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Y 2 Jake's Avatar
Y 2 Jake Y 2 Jake is offline
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Posts: 7,099
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...
Default

So they haven't had this invasion planned for a while then. I'd so I imagine Styles would still be holding the US belt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whap Me Jungles View Post
I had the pleasure of eating the most delicious creamy strawberry yoghurt, which I got from a supermarket in Benalmadena.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM
The Perfect Max's Avatar
The Perfect Max The Perfect Max is offline
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 591
The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

This is just as terrible as Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal for the simple fact that nobody gives a damn about the match. All that Lesnar vs. Mahal has over this is that Lesnar is in the match and hopefully he will absolutely destroy Jinder Mahal.

In all seriousness though, how does anybody get invested in this? Baron Corbin has genuine heat, whether it's because he's a great heel or people just don't like him, and Miz is so good at his job of getting people to dislike him that nobody is going to want to cheer for him realistically. This has "boring" written all over it.

Now I do think that it is possible for either or both title to switch hands before the show to set up a better encounter, but I genuinely don't see that happening. I agree with the thought that maybe WWE hadn't thought of doing Raw vs. SmackDown again this year for too long, otherwise Styles may still be champion, and Miz vs. AJ Styles sounds 100 times more appealing to me.

Personally I didn't think that they should go down the route of Raw vs. SmackDown this year. There's enough animosity on both brands to justify doing two Survivor Series tag team matches for each brand. I'm so uninterested in this whole show this year.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Big Poppa's Avatar
Big Poppa Big Poppa is offline
Big Sexy Cool
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,428
Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...Big Poppa scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

I think the title will change hands before Survivor Series like last year with the IC Title going from Ziggler to Miz in the interbrand match against Zayn.

Miz and Corbin would have terrible chemistry and a piss poor match.

Either Nakamura or Styles gets the belt and faces Miz most likely.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 PM
GetTheTables GetTheTables is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: IN
Posts: 13
GetTheTables is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
I think the title will change hands before Survivor Series like last year with the IC Title going from Ziggler to Miz in the interbrand match against Zayn.

Miz and Corbin would have terrible chemistry and a piss poor match.

Either Nakamura or Styles gets the belt and faces Miz most likely.
I think the Smackdown team desperately needs both AJ and Nakamura to look credible against whatever team RAW puts together.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2017, 09:40 PM
GetTheTables GetTheTables is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: IN
Posts: 13
GetTheTables is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Max View Post
This is just as terrible as Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal for the simple fact that nobody gives a damn about the match. All that Lesnar vs. Mahal has over this is that Lesnar is in the match and hopefully he will absolutely destroy Jinder Mahal.

In all seriousness though, how does anybody get invested in this? Baron Corbin has genuine heat, whether it's because he's a great heel or people just don't like him, and Miz is so good at his job of getting people to dislike him that nobody is going to want to cheer for him realistically. This has "boring" written all over it.

Now I do think that it is possible for either or both title to switch hands before the show to set up a better encounter, but I genuinely don't see that happening. I agree with the thought that maybe WWE hadn't thought of doing Raw vs. SmackDown again this year for too long, otherwise Styles may still be champion, and Miz vs. AJ Styles sounds 100 times more appealing to me.

Personally I didn't think that they should go down the route of Raw vs. SmackDown this year. There's enough animosity on both brands to justify doing two Survivor Series tag team matches for each brand. I'm so uninterested in this whole show this year.
I'm very interested just because I work every other weekend and I've had to miss the last three or four PPV's. I am actually scheduled to work Nov. 19th but I took that night off just to actually sit back and watch a live PPV.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Kodo Sawaki Kodo Sawaki is offline
Registered User
WWE Women's Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 911
Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default



When you dont have time on the show so you need social media to cut promos and promote rivalry.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices