WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...

Why was Bray traded to RAW after Wrestlemania? He never got his rematch for the WWEWHC, after 8 months of build beetween him and Orton. Orton burned his compound to the ground took his title and he's on RAW literally a week after Wrestlemania targeting Finn Balor. The House of Horrors match was scheduled after this fact, and that was only used to setup Orton vs Mahal. That's the kind of booking I want to avoid.

I want feuds to have a satisfying conclusion. I want motivation for a wrestler to switch territories before they happen. Roster movements for the sake of roster movements is what we have now, they make no sense and kill the momentum of not only talent but the shows themselves.

I'd rather have someone like Bray on Smackdown with no reason for being there other than to cause chaos. He isn't a cruiserweight, he isn't a woman, and he isn't tagging with anyone. Just there to be the eater of worlds, an anomaly, a glitch. The intrigue is suddenly there because he doesn't fit. If he showed up to a Smackdown in that context to target Finn Balor it would serve his character so much better. That's the kind of character that can float between shows, someone that lives in the narrow divides.

Last edited by PeterSellersSTL : 10-24-2017 at 06:32 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:38 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSellersSTL View Post
Your NXT Smackdown mirrors RAW more than it does NXT. Aside from three man tag titles you've just slapped an NXT label on it. The potential dynamics of the show doesn't look any different than RAW.

The tag talent is still split, hurting divisions on both shows. The women are still split, hurting divisions on both shows. There's still two world titles hurting the depth on both shows. You've also added a 10th title.

I think the idea of brand wars, much like heel authority figures, is stale and tired. Unless they're both airing same nights, unless one brand is threatened by possibly going out of business it can't come close to WWE vs WCW.

Different territories under one company is possible, NWA has shown us that, rival promotions under one company hasn't worked, especially with how Vince raids Smackdown talent to prop up RAW.

Thanks for sharing, but I just don't feel it solves the problems I have with WWE.
Do you think NXT is currently hurt because "talent is split" by going to Raw and SmackDown? I honestly don't. NXT currently has a main, midcard, tag and women's title just like Raw and SD. The difference is the booking and presentation, and I think they could kill it if they bring it to mainstream TV.

I don't think NXT's men or women's division are hurting at all, and even when WWE raids the roster in 2018, NXT will recover because it books the talent differently than the main roster. Giving them SmackDown would be a nice treat, and I'd love to see what NXT could do with the extra time and extra talent.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 AM

PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...PeterSellersSTL is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeFeedback View Post
Do you think NXT is currently hurt because "talent is split" by going to Raw and SmackDown? I honestly don't. NXT currently has a main, midcard, tag and women's title just like Raw and SD. The difference is the booking and presentation, and I think they could kill it if they bring it to mainstream TV.

I don't think NXT's men or women's division are hurting at all, and even when WWE raids the roster in 2018, NXT will recover because it books the talent differently than the main roster. Giving them SmackDown would be a nice treat, and I'd love to see what NXT could do with the extra time and extra talent.
You're still not addressing my original issues with WWE in general and the brand split. "Just like RAW and SD" is the problem. Because SD and RAW are mirrors of one another, divisions are marginalized. There's 3 tag teams on RAW.

If the only way to get the main event of a PPV or to get tv time is to challenge the World Champ, what opportunity is there for women? Tag taams can't team up to challenge for a singles title. And while the Cruiserweights are single male competitors they aren't allowed out of their division, which is why Neville and Aries left. These are the marginalized divisions, that is my problem. They're stuck on the periphery, stuck on pre-shows.

Smackdown had yet another fatal five way women's match tonight. RAW only features 4 women at a time, they rotate the 4 women, but they only get 4 women at a time.

If I'm getting Asuka vs Charlotte I want them to have 3 segments per show to build their match. If I'm getting Usos vs Ambrose/Rollins I want them to open and close the show. If I'm getting Neville vs Kota Ibushi I want them to have 30 minutes and main event to tear the house down. But I can't have those things because Asuka, Charlotte, Usos and Ambrose/Rollins are all on different shows, and why would Kota come to WWE after seeing how they treated Neville?

Red ropes, blue ropes, blue titles, red titles. Getting different presentations is simple enough. What I want are different purposes. The purpose of NXT is developmental, to elevate talent to the main roster. It's expected to lose talent. RAW and SD however function the same as one another. That is what I want changed. I want SD to feature more than 3 tag teams, more than 4 women, and more than just a 6 man cruiserweight match.

Maybe you just don't have a problem with these things that concern me. Maybe you think those aforementioned matchups are bathroom breaks. Still, if that isn't your cup of tea, why wouldn't you want KO, Brock, AJ, Braun, Roman, Nakamura all on the same show?

Last edited by PeterSellersSTL : 10-25-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 AM

It makes sense to have one of your brands reflect what wrestling is today and that's a lot more smaller, athletic guys and a growing interest in women's wrestling. Especially after the success of the CWC, the MYC, Shimmer, GLOW, Women's UFC etc.

Hideo Itami
Aleister Black
Finn Balor
Chad Gable
Xavier Woods
Johnny Gargano
Tomasso Ciampa
James Ellsworth
Samir Singh
Sunil Singh
Oney Lorcan
Danny Burch
Lio Rush
Bobby Fish
Kyle O'Reilly

These are all guys at 205 pounds and under and aren't in the Cruiserweight division.

AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
Sami Zayn
Tyler Breeze
Adam Cole
Kofi Kingston
Andrade Almas

These guys are all within 5 to 13 pounds of the 205 weight limit.

Ricochet, Kenny Omega, Will Ospreay. These are the some of the biggest names outside of WWE today. All under 205.

Floyd and Connor was the biggest money making fight this year both well under 200 pounds.

Daniel Bryan was the biggest star WWE had in a long, long time for crying out loud and he was only 210.

Last edited by PeterSellersSTL : 10-25-2017 at 05:01 AM.