WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-21-2017, 02:16 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm glad we are finally going to see Angle wrestle again in a WWE ring. Hopefully we get more matches out of Angle and possibly get a Wrestlemania match. I agree that It would of been better under different circumstances with a proper build up on a bigger stage then TLC. However with the thin roster and injuries and them booking all of the top stars on Raw in the 5 vs 3 handicap match they backed themselves into a corner. It makes you wonder if they have enough star power to run brand exclusive pay per views and whether the brand split is going to be able to work long term
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 02:24 AM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Well, this was a surprising turn of events. TLC suddenly looks like it will be a much better show with these two changes.

The 3 VS 5 handicap match suddenly looks really weird with Angle in it. The positive side of that is that Roman Reigns is no longer in the match. I would MUCH prefer to see Angle instead of Reigns. Sure some will want his return to have been advertised more however I think WWE made the right call here. We lose the card's most promoted aspect, The Shield. Rollins and Ambrose working with Angle will be interesting to see. Angle was the biggest name they could have put in the match, other than possibly Cena had he been available.

The addition of AJ Styles coming over from Smackdown to work a Raw exclusive PPV is awesome. His match with Balor could steal the show. While I hope Bray recovers soon in real life, his rumored real illness may have saved him from an embarrassingly terrible match. The whole Sister Abigail thing was abysmal and the moment Bray walks into a match pretending to be his dead sister he loses me as a fan. We dodged a bullet on what would surely have been a horrible match. Weird how Finn went from potentially having the worst match to now potentially having the best match. I fear they may still try to go through with it later but for now I'll enjoy the Finn VS Styles match we are getting instead at this show!

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:10 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

This went from something that I'd probably ignore when it popped up on the Network feed to something I'm checking my schedule for Sunday over. Twenty minutes of AJ Styles and Prince Devitt in a WWE ring? Yeah, I can do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
Why aren't they using the sicknesses to do something with Dolph ziggler?

It would have been a great time to elevate him over bringing back a part timer...
Because Dolph Ziggler's job is to introduce new performers to the audience. There's a reason everyone the WWE cares about gets the "three months with Ziggler" treatment- he's fucking amazing at making people look good.

Everyone doesn't get to be Hulk Hogan, and in a company that's producing more hours of television per week than other companies do in a month, there are all kinds of jobs for all kinds of people.[/quote]
Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Because Dolph Ziggler's job is to introduce new performers to the audience. There's a reason everyone the WWE cares about gets the "three months with Ziggler" treatment- he's fucking amazing at making people look good.
Really?

In the last few months he has faced the debuting Nakamura and Roode and neither benefited one bit from their matches with him.

Sure, the booking of those matches played a significant role in that but if Ziggler is to be seen as an enhancement talent, then he is one of the poorest enhancers going right now.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

When you consider some of the various issues that've been going on with Angle and Miz, Angle's involvement doesn't come off as random as it did. Miz and his goons, in the past, have beaten up his son, Miz has constantly criticized his performance as GM and has criticized Angle as a father & man during the initial stages of Jason Jordan being introduced as his "son." The Shield reuniting in a match will just have to wait another time, so this in and of itself could give Ambrose & Rollins protection if they suffered a loss. I've no doubt some will bitch and moan if that does happen but why shouldn't it? It's not the Shield without all three members, Angle is more than 10 years older than the heels, other than Kane that is, and hasn't wrestled in a WWE ring in over a decade. I dunno, just seems to me like Angle is the "weak link" in this particular situation and a win for Ambrose & Rollins without Reigns, but with a "random partner" negates the whole purpose of reuniting the Shield in the first place, particularly in such a lopsided situation as going up against 5 men rather than 3.

The random match is Styles vs. Balor considering that they're not even on the same brand, so there's no on-air interaction between them. If nothing else, I think it demonstrates faith WWE has in the two of them and I wouldn't mind at all if they were given 15+ minutes and told to just go out there and tear the house down.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 AM

ianrapleyuk is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I have the feeling kurt angle was going to return to the ring soon anyway because in Wwe you have to go through testing right? to be able to compete and what seems to be weird is angle has been cleared to wrestle so quickly

It either means 2 things

1. He will be in the match but with limited physicality
2. He already passed the tests to wrestle long before he was announced to be in this match and they were just waiting for a future storyline to get him back in the ring
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Барбоса View Post
Really?

In the last few months he has faced the debuting Nakamura and Roode and neither benefited one bit from their matches with him.

Sure, the booking of those matches played a significant role in that but if Ziggler is to be seen as an enhancement talent, then he is one of the poorest enhancers going right now.
Nakamura went from Ziggler to a Heavyweight Title feud; Roode has been on the roster for a month and it might be just a touch early to write the history on how successfully he was introduced to the audience. You have better examples?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:42 AM

GetTheTables is looking to come up from OCW...

Well, props to Kurt Angle for stepping on on such short notice. And after 11 years. But it really makes me disappointed in one certain individual. I understand guys like John Cena and Chris Jericho not answering the bell. And Lord knows the Undertaker might die at this point in a TLC match. But where on Earth is Brock Lesnar during all of this?

The WWE has bent over backwards to give this guy everything he wants. He only has to wrestle about four or five times a year, rarely defends a WWE title that he should not have, and he (for the most part), crushes people. He couldn't stop hunting for five minutes to do them this one favor?

On paper it may not look like it makes much sense to put Brock in the match, but it certainly adds a big name and they could even have Jinder interfere if that are that set on the Brock Jinder match at Survivor Series.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:58 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This won't stay 5 v 3... In fact, Jason Jordan is all but guaranteed to be the 4th man and Matt Hardy will likely make it a 5 on 5... It's crazy they would just throw Kurt in there without him after all the "son" build and this seems a good time to debut Awoken Matt properly...

The problem Vince had here was massive... take one part of your card away through illness like Bray and you might get away with it but two matches destroyed by it and you're into refund territory. People legit could have wanted their ticket money back if The Shield were not appearing as advertised. So they had to go with what was available to them which was the Kurt return.

Stupidly, had they not returned Kane, he could have stepped in... Jericho would likely be too short notice to cancel other commitments, I am sure he was asked and if he could have, would have.

This has also affected the South American tour... Owens suddenly needing to go home didn't help them either (hope nothing too serious) so in short, WWE is in the shit this week.

Kurt stepping up is one way to look at it, the other is that in reality, his return isn't "that big a deal" and wouldn't sell a PPV on its own. Here they get to have a proper look at him in a match situation, he'll likely only get the hot tag/submission win but they can then see if he still has enough to warrant a more sustained return.

This does show the short sightedness of WWE though... they piss talents off like Neville, who could have stepped up here, especially against Finn or even joining The Shield and had something interesting but their blinkered approach is costing them talent... if more start to leave/want out, next time something like this happens, they are fucked!
Old 10-22-2017, 08:09 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...Kodo Sawaki scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post

Who did he make look good?

Ever since brand split he:

- Lost in a title feud from Ambrose
- First failed and then won and then lost IC title from Miz
- Failed again against AJ Styles World title
- turned heel and then thrown in a idiotic feud with Calisto and Crews
- challenged Nakamura
- Tried some gimmick change and now in a feud with Roode

Who benefited and looked good?

Ambrose was just distraction until AJ and Cena finish their feud and one takes Championship. Calisto and Crews was just plane idiotic for all of them. Nakamura again just distraction until he challenge Jinder. And now Roode because they have nothing for him to do.

Now tell me, who benefited from him? Because as I see it you could just fire the guy one year ago and you would get the same effect as with him on roster. Because Ambrose, AJ, Miz and Nakamura would still get same reaction, Calisto and Crews still lost in shuffle and Roode would just tackle someone else like Corbin and still be same.

FYI, dont hate Ziggles, just dont think he is that special so would like explanation how he makes others look good.