WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-20-2017, 03:58 PM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk
Default Kurt Angle returns to the ring...

..this Sunday at TLC. WWE.com reports that Kurt Angle will replace Roman Reigns in their 3-on-5 handicap match due to "medical issues" without elaborating what those issues are. On a side note, Bray Wyatt also has some "medical issues" and will be replaced by AJ Styles to face Finn Balor.

The kind of changes they have made, the "Medical issues" seem to be dire. What I don't understand is why would they put Kurt Angle in the ring for a not so important PPV with almost no fanfare? Kurt Angle's return to ring should be a very big event in itself, and yet its being done in the most underwhelming way possible.

Also, bring AJ Styles to TLC to replace Bray Wyatt? Is it really medical issues? Or did someone thought of nixing the whole Sister Abigail abomination and decided to do an exchange of Styles with Wyatt? If it's the latter, why would you do a match of this magnitude with no build-up whatsoever? You could've put in any superstar from RAW for this, why Styles?

Well, there's still not enough information, but this just seems absurd.

Last edited by CyberPunk : 10-20-2017 at 04:08 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

This is odd. Surely they could have done a major angle for Angle's in ring return instead of a last minute injury replacement. Same with A.J vs Finn....so it's suddenly Raw vs SD because Sister Abagail is sick? Talk about a big last minute change there. These are Wrestlemania type moves, not C Minus PPV type moves. Looking forward to TLCMania now.

RMK
Old 10-20-2017, 04:39 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm assuming they put Angle in so that people wouldn't refund their tickets (though, I'm not sure they could do that anyways). Or they did it to keep people from being pissed as The Shield was a major selling point. Anyone else would have been a huge disappointment. It is understandable why they put Angle in. I'm assuming Jordan gets involved as well somehow. Probably will be made into a 5-on-4 match.

They did not abort Sister Abigail. They could have done a non-match if that was the case. AJ vs Finn isn't a big match. AJ is a star. Finn still hasn't been established (nor given us a reason to care).

The medical issue is viral meningitis. Which really freaking sucks.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
Old 10-20-2017, 04:55 PM

strangephish is looking to come up from OCW...

From various reports around the interweb viral meningitis is going around the WWE locker room and has taken out Bo, Bray, JoJo (only cuz she's dating Bray), and now Roman as well. They are apparently testing all other wrestlers to see if anyone else could be sick as well (as this could change other matches).
Old 10-20-2017, 04:56 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I read something a couple of days ago sating that Bo Dallas was sick and that both Bray Wyatt and JoJo were being given time off as a precaution. What I read stated that they weren't sick, but that they were being sort of quarantined.

A little bit ago, I read there's an outbreak of the mumps in WWE and that WWE discovered it while testing some of the talent for viral meningitis and the test showed that it's the mumps. Mumps is airborne and highly contagious, it can be spread through saliva, eating utensils, drinking from the same cup as somebody, sneezing, coughing, etc. Symptoms usually take 2 to 2.5 weeks to pop up and can usually take up to a week to disappear.

So...I guess you could say that TLC is now pretty much a glorified house show at this point. Not that I'm complaining, I like the idea of Angle returning to the ring though, of course, we'd all prefer it under different circumstances. True, it doesn't exactly feel like a big deal being announced 2 days prior to the event but you have to do things on the fly sometimes. I suppose they could've always gone with Jason Jordan instead but I think it'd be a step back for Jordan as fans have been embracing him for the past few weeks; it looked like fans were turning on him due to the whole "Kurt Angle is my father" storyline and I think the reason for that is because many of us sensed that Jordan may be getting "shoved down our throats" in a push that he's not ready for and doesn't deserve yet. Over the course of the past month or so, that tension has eased up considerably as it no longer looks like Jordan is going to be pushed as hard or as quickly as it once appeared.

As for Styles vs. Balor, I'll take it. If nothing else, it'll be an opportunity to see a really fun one on one bout between the two of them. Since Bray is out for a while, I'd hold off on having Balor show up in his Demon King persona.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-20-2017, 05:25 PM
I know my name/avi/sig don't match.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...The Life Of Pablo Ren scored a win over Santino Marella...

So Bray gets to keep the Sister Abigail gimmick hidden where it belongs while not being personally infected by the mumps? His supernatural powers are more than just a gimmick, no one can tell me otherwise.

Honestly though, once the initial shock wears of, it kind of becomes clear that this is a pretty big mess. I'm sure they had bigger plans for Angle's in-ring return, it puts a damper on the Shield reunion and we also get for what a lot of people is a dream match, but without any hype or build-up behind it. It does beef up the card in terms of in-ring quality so I can't really complain too much but still.

And I'm no doctor or anything but it seems kind of risky bringing AJ over to the RAW side, even if just for one night. God forbid he somehow gets infected and brings it over to Smackdown, then we have a real epidemic on our hands.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:31 PM

zags is looking to come up from OCW...zags is looking to come up from OCW...

First off, I hope all involved make a full and speedy recovery. Nevermind what you think of the character they portray or how they are or aren't booked. These are real people battling an illness. With the said WWE is in scramble mode. However, the Angle thing I don't see happening. What I do see happening is albeit an early start, a start leading to an Angle return and the long ago rumored HHH/Angle WrestleMania match. I can see Stephanie making her return blocking Angle from competing. I'm not saying it'll be 2 vs. 5 but Angle won't be the 3rd man.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's simple. They were selling TLC as the "return of the Shield". That's not happening. So they have to sell the event now and do something else BIG. In fact so big that it will fill the void of the Shield and also shut any mouth that wants to complain about a refund. Enter Kurt Angle.

The real question is not why Kurt Angle is wrestling at TLC. That's understandable. Who else could have been? Lesnar is out, Cena is out, Taker is out. Goldberg is not with them right now and Triple H wouldn't make any damn sense. So they bring in Angle.

And it's hype. Angle doesn't really need a story to return to the ring. He decided to go, he goes and maybe brings his son with him.

The real question is: why get AJ from SD to face Demon King Finn Balor, in a match that could have been a great angle somewhere in the future and not somebody else. Angle returing is already a big deal. Styles wrestling Balor seems like an extra present.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:38 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Why aren't they using the sicknesses to do something with Dolph ziggler?

It would have been a great time to elevate him over bringing back a part timer...

I honestly wonder if they are gonna allow angle to compete, how long till they bring back Bryan

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 10-21-2017, 02:00 AM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
I honestly wonder if they are gonna allow angle to compete, how long till they bring back Bryan
Concussion issues aren't the same as a painkiller addiction. It makes no sense to compare their situations.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER