WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-24-2017, 03:12 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not at all happy with this year's card because it seems completely unreasonable to go the easy route, the "let's just rehash the brand supremacy storyline" once again route.

I'm okay(or at least not indignant) with Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar.

But like Jack said in another thread, Miz vs Corbin seems completely out of place and meaningless, in that they're both heels and it just doesn't make any sense putting those two together just because they happen to be IC and US champs.

Them throwing all the other champion vs champion type matches seems like an easy way out, Creative being lazy once again.

There have been two storylines easily bubbling up on both SDL and Raw, and they are:-
Team Miz-Cesaro-Sheamus vs Team Angle/Shield. And
Team Shane-O-Mac vs Team KOZayn.

There are easily many superstars on SDL who would otherwise not make on the card, such as Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler, who can be fit into the Survivor Series Elimination match.

And consider this: What does either brand winning at Survivor Series do for them? People who watch and like Raw are still gonna watch Raw, and the same goes true for SDL. A kayfabe victory or defeat in this context is meaningless. And this is something they already did last year.

I think my suggested card would make much more sense, even if they want to go on with Mahal vs Lesnar and Raw women vs SDL women:-

Team Shane-O-Mac(Shane, Orton, Nakamura, Bobby Roode, AJ Styles) vs Team KOZayn(KO, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Rusev and Aiden English or Bludgeon Brothers)

Team Angle(Kurt Angle, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns/Jason Jordan) vs Miz, Kane, Elias Samson, Bray Wyatt.

Roman Reigns or Jason Jordan(IC Champ) vs Baron Corbin(US Champ)

Tag Team Champions vs Tag Team Champions
Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs The Usos

Jinder Mahal vs Brock Lesnar.

Team Raw(Women) vs Team SDL(Women)

Team Raw(Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club, Rhyno/Slater) vs Team SDL(Breezango, New Day, Benjamin and Gable)

This way, you get the best of both worlds- development in current storylines, and a series of interpromotional champion vs champion matches, as well as Raw women and tag teams going against SDL women and tag teams in Survivor Series Elimination Matches.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 10-24-2017 at 03:27 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:21 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Btw it just occurred to me, what if the WWE had planned different Survivor Series elimination matches such as Team Miz vs Team Angle, and Team Shane vs Team KO, but had to change those plans and this is the last-minute plan to do the Raw vs SDL elimination match?

Because Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt were both absent on Raw last night and probably will be able to return ON or BY survivor series and thus Raw wouldn't even have had proper superstars to build the match and storyline. (Though I actually do feel they could've managed).

Or it could be that KO may not return on SDL so that created a void too, so now Shane McMahon, AJ Styles and others will be focussing on the big match against Raw guys, throughout the buildup to Survivor Series.

Just what I felt.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:00 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

With Kane vs. Stroman likely to happen I would like to see this as the 5 on 5 match

Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Cesaro, & Sheamus vs. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Roode, & Nakamura
Old 10-24-2017, 08:01 AM
WCW TV Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally, what I would do to make this ppv more interesting, put a stipulation like which ever brand win the most matches at survior series, those winners can't be draft in the next superstar shakeup. That way you make the whole concept of brand supremacy mean something.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:16 AM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

I'll likely just echo the sentiment of everyone else. The "brand supremacy" thing is boring.

Now last night I will say made things a tad more interesting overall. Seeing Corbin fighting side by side with New Day. Ziggler side by side with AJ. Roode beside Rusev. But a week after Survivor Series, no results from Survivor Series will mean anything. Even the night after, nothing will mean anything. No titles on the line. Nothing. It's basically just the Bragging Rights PPV all over again, except there's no championship matches. So it's even less interesting than Bragging Rights.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
ROH Pure Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It made sense last year, when you had Shane and Stephanie fighting and constantly ripping each other, but they remembered the brand supremacy just in time for Survivor Series, with no previous background, not even mentions of ratings etc.

That SD invasion on RAW felt forced and it completely killed the heel/face dynamic. It's not even face vs face now. I don't know what it is. Why are they even figthing out of the blue? I just can't be entertained with so many little pieces missing right in front of my eyes.

At least Jinder gave a proper explanation as to why he wants to fight Brock. But why does the rest of RAW want to fight the rest of Smackdown?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:53 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I have the same feeling now that I do with every Bragging Rights PPV-

If I turn off my TV now, and turn it back on November 20th, I will have missed nothing, and won't care about cross-brand battles, because nothings going to last, nothings going to matter.

The way they make people pretend red vs blue matters is so inorganic, I can never get into it. I'm against the brand split in the first place; but that tangent is way off topic.

I focus on Wrestling story as a whole; and I look at the yearly picture. Throwaway matches that don't fit the overall story need to be 5* Matches like Finn and AJ put on at TLC. I don't see Jinder and Pals vs 13 German Suplexes as being 5 star (Is this considered a spoiler?)

Anyways - I just don't care about an entire PPV of throwaway matches. The Brand split isnt old enough, there's almost no history behind the people fighting, and the C Card is going to be so weak because of how the Brand Split has drained the shallow talent pool even further.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Stakes would be nice. Like, one draft pick. It'd be as easy as that to make it interesting. Now, I say that, but I'm not bored with the build so far either. It's chaotic, and doesn't make a whole bunch of sense, but it's fun so far.

It's a little outside the box, but they could do something kinda cool qith this years men's match. My armchair scenario/longshot hope;

The Elite of Smackdown; AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
vs
The Monsters of Raw; Demon Balor, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Kane and Samoa Joe.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 10-25-2017, 03:45 AM
Knockout Champion

So I just glimpsed through Raw and SDL and I somewhat liked the idea of the mishmash between all the Raw and SDL superstars, particular the main men's elimination match. Of course Randy Orton is yet to interact with Raw team.

I at least liked the interaction between AJ Styles and Sheamus, Cesaro, and Seth Rollins, as it's something fresh. (Glimpses of future matches between Styles and Rollins or Cesaro)

I do agree with most of the aforementioned posts in that either brand or team winning means very little in Kayfabe longterm, as people who watch SDL are still religiously gonna watch it regardless of win/lose, and vice versa with Raw.

But at least the main men's match is going to be very fun just like last year's match. (One could skip the proposed Jinder-Brock and Miz-Corbin match in a heartbeat)

One thing I'm curious about is: Why the separate matches between Orton and Sami, and KO and Nakamura? As in, aren't these four in the team almost a lock?

And if Orton and Nakamura were to advance, where does it leave KO and Sami? I can foresee probably a segment on SDL where KO and Sami have to beg or apologize and ingratiate themselves to Shane for a "spot" as the remainder two in the 5-man team.

That's basically the same thing Vince and Steph have Kayfabe done over and over again anyway- flaunt power and delcare their "McMahon Might" over any single superstar- even if they're named CM Punk and John Cena.

This could even take form in the form of a tag team rematch in that, if Zayn and KO win against Orton and Nakamura, they're added to the team.

A bigger surprise would be if KO advances next week due interference of Sami Zayn, and then one wonders if Zayn and Nakamura square off at Survivor Series.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 10-25-2017 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:37 AM
WWE Women's Champion

LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...LODemolition worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Create an all Raw vs Smackdown Survivor Series card

This year's format has obviously got me thinking on what the best possible RAW vs SDL card could possibly be. So let's pretend babyface and heel alliances don't matter and current injuries are no issue. Post your best Raw vs Smackdown card for Survivor Series. Here's mine...

Pre-Show:

1. 8-Team Elimination Match:
The Revival, Gallows & Anderson, Enzo & Big Cass and The Prime Time Players vs. Benjamin & Gable, Breezedango, The Hype Bros, and the Bludgeon Brothers

2. Cruiserweight Tag Team Match: Neville and Kalisto vs. The Singh Brothers

Main Card:

1. 5 on 5 Elimination Match:
Elias, Jason Jordan, Kane, Big Show and Goldust vs. Rusev, Aiden English, Tye Dillinger, Sin Cara and Mike Kanelis

2. 5 on 5 Elimination Match: The Miz, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin and Shinsuke Nakamura

3. Raw Women's Champion vs. Smackdown Women's Champion: Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya

4. WWE Championship: Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Samoa Joe

5. 5 on 5 Elimination Match: Bray Wyatt, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and The Hardy Boyz vs. Randy Orton, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and The Usos

6. Women's 5 on 5 Elimination Match: Asuka, Nia Jax, Bayley, Paige and Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair, Carmella, Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch and Naomi

7. GM vs GM Match: Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan

8. Six-Man Tag: The Shield vs. The New Day

9. Universal Championship Triple Threat Match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. John Cena vs. AJ Styles

I figured since Cena is a "free agent", this would be the best place on the card for him.