WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-15-2017, 04:54 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charismatic Enigma View Post
I know this question has been raised a zillion times, but do you ever think we're all just too smarky?
Frankly, yes. In some ways, I've probably overreacted to this just as many other net fans will and currently are if it turns out to be true. My main issue is that the track record for both of these men to put on entertaining, 1 on 1 matches isn't good. Until recently, Lesnar would only have solid matches against Attitude Era opponents primarily due to the way modern stars were jobbed out to him. Lesnar is still better, far better, in a multi-man match as there are enough there to cover up for his shortcomings and weaknesses, but he's put on fun matches against Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman, both of whom have shown themselves to be more entertaining in the ring than Jinder.

I'm just utterly and completely underwhelmed by Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion, there's just nothing about the man that says he should be a main eventer apart from his physique, but I'll take ability over appearance any ol' day of the week. As a result, it's just frustrating for me to see Jinder in this spot because he just doesn't have the chops to be a main eventer.

Also, you have to factor in that various negatives associated with both the World Championship main event pictures due to the man holding the titles. Lesnar has been far better about being used as champion this time around as he's been putting on matches that are actually competitive ones where he doesn't make modern stars look like jabronis who should be carrying his bags instead of wrestling him. I'm not all that thrilled about Lesnar having such a part time schedule while he's champion but as long as his opponents look good facing him win or lose, I can get over that.

The main roster's booking in the main event scene has been all over the place this year, it's been downright chaotic with much of it just not being very good until the past few months with Lesnar. I just don't have enough faith in WWE's booking or in these two wrestlers to put on a capable match, though nothing'd make me happier than to be proven wrong.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

If they're set on having Jinder as champion then they need to make him. I can't recall a more lifeless champion, I want his reign to end as much as the next guy, but that doesn't appear to be happening. Lesnar basically being built up since he ended The Streak only to lose to Reigns, a guy who's already a star, just seems like a waste to me. I can think of better guys for him to fall to than Mahal, but nobody who hasn't been harmed, or who will continue to be harmed, by erratic booking.

I suppose you could suggest somebody like Owens for the role. While he's currently in a major feud right now would anybody really be surprised if he's making up the numbers in a US title match a few months down the line? Mahal just seems like their guy to me and I think they should now try to solidify him. Even if he is utter pants.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:46 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm ok with this Lesnar vs Mahal if it does end up happening. They need to have Lesnar on the card in some way with him being Universal Champion and adding star power to Survivor Series. They'll have to do a non title match and bill it as a battle of the the brands. I think it could be a fun match and feud, who doesn't want to see Lesnar beat up on Mahal and the Singh Brothers? Lesnar will likely win but hopefully its not completely one sided and Mahal doesn't get buried.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:14 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Well, before he gets to Lesnar, it looks like the next A+ player they're going to have job to the jobber champion is AJ Styles. So yeah, a clash between arguably the best in-ring worker in WWE and arguably the worst in which the worst goes over.

My guess is that within the next few weeks on SmackDown Live, they'll have a title match between Styles and Jinder with the usual shenanigans of Jinder's mediocre ability and reliance on the Singh Brothers to go over the better man on his way to Survivor Series.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-18-2017, 06:05 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

I am also predicting that they feed styles to Jinder. Although I do see this feud being the main event feud for smackdown going into royal rumble so they probably will have it so AJ has a reason to want a rematch after survivor series
Old 10-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I feel this would be the perfect match to set up a new contender for lesnar and advance the feud between mahal and aj.

The fact is that they probably are setting up the title match for their december ppv between aj and mahal so why not have some sort of finish where somebody, maybe a finn balor, braun strowman or samoa joe come out and attack lesnar and after the bell is rang and the match is over, hae aj styles attack mahal and hits the styles clash on mahal.

The fact is, right now they don't really cares about if mahal is working for the u, s crowd or not, which seem like depending on the crowd it's working in certain market and not working in others, they want to get a piece of the india market which from what I saw on smackdown last night, the gamble actually worked because he's the biggest star they have on the smackdown roster in the market. So I don't see them killing this experience with mahal this year and I wouldn't be surprise if they hae him drop the belt to cena at mania.

So that match if they don't put this match as the last match on the card, you could do a screwy finish like a dq or double dq finish where you set up future contenders for their respective titles.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

You know.. only the net has been overreacting to Lesnar. Fans love him and cheer him. They don't care he has 2 moves. Why would WWE change a recipe that isn't broken? Fans also hate Mahal, so in Vince's eyes, Lesnar vs Mahal can end up being pretty darn entertaining. I bet that the fans that will be attending Survivor Series will love this match as well.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:52 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jinder should go over. Clean.

In for a rupee, in for a pound I say. It won't hurt Brock's credibility anymore than losing in 45 seconds to a 50 year old retired father did. Jinder has already dominated Orton and Nakamura, so what's one more scalp before Cena comes back and wins his 17th title? It's football season, they know no one is really watching until the Rumble anyways

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 AM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

At this point I'm just conditioned to expect every high-profile Mahal match to end with:

1) Singh Brothers distraction.

2) One Khallas.

3) One. Two. Three. Crowd goes mild.

To the point where even this announcement hasn't changed things. They've finally done it with this Mahal reign, I think I'm low-key losing my sanity.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Undertaker, If that is ur real name

TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...TheBadGuy92 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
I can't recall a more lifeless champion.
this is pretty much the perfect way to describe his character. Hes average in the ring. his goons help him retain. but him as a character is so lifeless, its impossible to invest anything into him as a fan