WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-29-2017, 02:59 PM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

Well, no, in my opinion that was an appropriate response.

There are different types of criticism. There's respectable, constructive criticism, which should be dealt with using the same respect it entails.

Then there's just bitching about something, without providing any useful context.

"Ugh, no one cares anymore. I'm tired of this. I've felt bored by Bray for 3 years."

That falls somewhere between the two, I think. On one hand they gave some sort of reason for their discontent which gives the subject on the receiving end of the criticism something to work with in order to improve. On the other hand, there was absolutely no respect given and the approach was pretty shallow, so don't expect any respect given back.

Goldy was right the way I see it. He responded basically by telling them to stop being smarks and try to enjoy it from a casual perspective. We get it, you have this whole fantasy booking planned in your mind, you think the two involved can benefit from a turn or a character change, whatever. Point is, it's easier thought of in your mind than it is to implement in the product. And as of right now, these two are busting their asses off trying to make the best out of what they're given at the moment. As for what they're given at the moment, try to enjoy it without overthinking how this or that should be booked, and you just might enjoy it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...HeenanGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat66 View Post
if fans don't think they are being entertained: They won't watch. Simple as that.
I disagree. Wrestling fans is the example being used here, but in many walks of life there are people who watch or do things out of habit. From what I see on this forum, many "fans" LOVE to complain online--some of them transparently doing so whether they actually like what they saw or didn't. Social media has given a platform to those who "want to watch the world burn". Now, in most cases, I am sure these are people who were fans at one time or another. But, regardless, there are people who look forward to Raw, Smackdown, PPVs, just so they have something new to complain about with their fellow miserable.

I believe that many "fans" of wrestling would be miserable if they weren't able to watch and ridicule the very product they claim to hate. Misery loves company and there is plenty of company here. Some people don't want to enjoy what they are watching...they get enjoyment out of hate and negativity and sharing those feelings with the like-minded. A wrestling forum is a perfect example, but there are many other groups filled with this type of person.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

It's Golddust, he's been around for 20+ years and I still am not sure if his name has one 'd' or two. He's a talented guy who has made chicken shit out of chicken salad that people keep eating way after the expiration date. Him giving opinion is like the tree falling down in the woods but no one is there to hear it or give a shit because sometimes trees fall.

That being said, it was a stupid thing to say unless you are really going for a clearly kayfabe heel interview or you're sure no one is listening or giving a shit (see my previous tree analogy). There is no reason to insult anyone's fandom. Idiots who complain are less likely to spend resources on your product if you piss them off (e.g. the NFL). Whether he is right or not (and he is pretty right) is irrelevant.

But I didn't click on the link so I'm only making assumptions on what he actually said based on what I've read here.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
While I don't cares you if fans complaint about the product, that's their right but at the same time if you complaint constently about the product, why are you still watching. You could be watching any other product the fit more your taste. So go and stop wasting your time on watching a product that you don't like and go watch somethimg you will actually like.
The problem with this is that the WWE is now sending mixed messages. Back in 1997 they would encourage fans to speak out, voice themselves out, and express themselves. Remember when Vince had that PSA at the end of December basically admitting that their product has gotten stale and they are listening to the fans for the direction they will take?

How do you go from that to saying "if you don't like it don't watch it" or "just sit back and enjoy and don't complain".

Those statements back in 1997 seem to contradict what they are saying to the fans 20 years later.

And I guess in a way this is why most fans who started watching in the eve of the attitude era feel betrayed. That the message you are trying to send back then no longer applies today.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:13 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
The problem with this is that the WWE is now sending mixed messages. Back in 1997 they would encourage fans to speak out, voice themselves out, and express themselves. Remember when Vince had that PSA at the end of December basically admitting that their product has gotten stale and they are listening to the fans for the direction they will take?

How do you go from that to saying "if you don't like it don't watch it" or "just sit back and enjoy and don't complain".

Those statements back in 1997 seem to contradict what they are saying to the fans 20 years later.

And I guess in a way this is why most fans who started watching in the eve of the attitude era feel betrayed. That the message you are trying to send back then no longer applies today.
Completly agree with you, but the problem is that a lot has change in 20 years. The first thing that happened is that they went public and now the company is more control by the investors then vince mcmahon. Also, they get a lot of money from bigger sponsors then they did 20 years ago, so again they have to please them as well as the investors now.

20 years ago, vince still had complete control of his company and could do and say what he wanted, now he can't. the main exemple is the 3 hours raw and having the christmas and new year raw being live this year. But decision have been made by USA network and not WWE so if they want to get that money that comes with the tv deal they have to do what the network says.

So in the end, yes the message is mix, but we need to realise that we're not in 1997 anymore and that a lot as change since the attitude era and the WWE doesn'T have as much lee way as the once did.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:28 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Completly agree with you, but the problem is that a lot has change in 20 years. The first thing that happened is that they went public and now the company is more control by the investors then vince mcmahon. Also, they get a lot of money from bigger sponsors then they did 20 years ago, so again they have to please them as well as the investors now.

20 years ago, vince still had complete control of his company and could do and say what he wanted, now he can't. the main exemple is the 3 hours raw and having the christmas and new year raw being live this year. But decision have been made by USA network and not WWE so if they want to get that money that comes with the tv deal they have to do what the network says.

So in the end, yes the message is mix, but we need to realise that we're not in 1997 anymore and that a lot as change since the attitude era and the WWE doesn'T have as much lee way as the once did.
I am glad you agree but I guess you can also understand it in the perspective of the fans. Especially since most of the hardcore fans today started watching during that era.

And, as you know, fans don't see things in the corporate perspective. Rightfully or wrongly. We see things based on the wrestling product presented.

And i think that's the problem now that the WWE cares more about their brand than the Wrestling product (which is why we have something like Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse at WM instead of something like Cena vs. Samoa Joe) Because Total Bella's/Total Divas is part of the WWE brand and they decided to book that instead of strengthening the WM wrestling card.

For traditional Wrestling fans (or at least the ones that grew up in a more traditional model of how a wrestling promotion operates) this is kind of worrisome.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:35 AM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I liked Goldust better when he got electrocuted and walked around like a damaged C3-PO and randomly screamed during interviews. He should go back to that, even in his tweets.

Black Friday
Old 09-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter_mcgavin View Post
I am glad you agree but I guess you can also understand it in the perspective of the fans. Especially since most of the hardcore fans today started watching during that era.

And, as you know, fans don't see things in the corporate perspective. Rightfully or wrongly. We see things based on the wrestling product presented.

And i think that's the problem now that the WWE cares more about their brand than the Wrestling product (which is why we have something like Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse at WM instead of something like Cena vs. Samoa Joe) Because Total Bella's/Total Divas is part of the WWE brand and they decided to book that instead of strengthening the WM wrestling card.

For traditional Wrestling fans (or at least the ones that grew up in a more traditional model of how a wrestling promotion operates) this is kind of worrisome.
I understand your point but like someoe else point it out on this thread, when you have to choose between the fans who pay between a 100 and 400$ each for tickets and merchandise or a sponsor that paying you 200k for get their product over, they will listen more to the sponsor then the fan. The problem is like you said, that a lot of the hardcore are leftover from the attitude era so they don't see the corporate side of the business like I do or people in the business do.

I think that fans still don't get that WWE isn't a wrestling company anyore, it's a corporations with investors and sponsors and that vince can't do what he wants anymore.

Going public was a good and a bad thing for wwe, they got more money from them going public then when it was a family own company but at the same time vince don't get to do what he wants anymore and giving what best for the fans like he did when I started watching in the 80 or when other fans started watching during the attitude era is gone and that sad because the company was always about who give them the most money and now it's the sponsors and investors that are controlling the show. That's why they have to go with guys that bring in the money like john cena and roman reigns and won't push somebody like a cesaro because reigns brings in the money, cena brig in the money, cesaro don't.

The funny thing with hardcore fans is that they want to know everything that goes backstage but only take what they want to hear and don't want to get that without the corporate side their wouldn't be a wwe fr them to enjoy or complain about. The corporate side of the company is what make the company run right now, not the fans like it was 20 or 30 years ago. It sad but that's the reality of the busness right now. So in a way, goldust does have point, we should just stop complaining and enjoy the product and if we don't enjoy it anymore just watch something else.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

First of all, look at who is doing the talking...

Dustin Rhodes/Goldust is a true legend and one of the few 2nd gen or 3rd gen stars to LEGIT have a legacy of his own that wasn't down to the family name... Cody, Randy I'm looking at you... While he started as Dustin, he's been Goldust 3 times as long as he ever was Dustin in the ring...and that "first" career was more than many get in terms of success.

He's also the son of someone who was legendary not just for being the guy "pushed" to be champ, but who genuinely connected with fans of his time and had a big influence on how the product became what it is today... Dusty set up Starrcade, helped shape WCW TV and the NXT product that trained a lot of the guys these "moaners" want pushed. Perhaps with the exception of Shane and Steph, Dustin has a pretty good bead on how the business has gotten to this point and "been part of it" through his father, if not "first hand" at the time while growing up, from talking to him later.

Goldust knows that being pushed to the main event isn't about "just a title", and that most stars won't get to that top level... He certainly didn't... but he's still had a 20 year+ career on VERY good money, with very little time off/fired/gone when it comes down to it. He's made more doing that than a 6 month reign as World Champion would have delivered...something Cody sadly didn't want to accept.

When he joined the WWF, Steve Austin was The Ringmaster, Mick Foley had only just become Mankind, The Big Show was in WCW and Kane was still in Smokey Mountain or Issac Yankem. Chris Jericho was a new cruiserweight and The Rock had barely started to train while Triple H was getting slopped by Henry Godwinn. There is scope for ANYONE on this roster to change from where they are to the next megastar... but the one thing you can guarantee is if you bitch enough about one talent NOT getting the chance, there will be a price they pay... Look at how Daniel Bryan worked out as soon as he was hurt or how Cesaro has struggled.

Fans want it NOW... and more than any other show, they feel they have control and their opinion counts. Do Marvel fans kick off and bitch at the direction something takes? rarely, they like what they get... but they get a 2 hour movie 3 times a year. WWE produces 7-10 hours of TV every week at least 5 hours of that being live if not more with a PPV.

He is simply telling those fans TRY and enjoy what is there, cos if you don't... those people who are part of it will be gone... People weren't enjoying the WWE in 1995/96 more than WCW... it meant WWE went a different way and luckily for them, created new stars in the process to save the company. They may be under pressure today, but not in the same way. This IWC fan bitching that Goldust is referring to is now DAMAGING the company...

"Oh I hate Roman, he's Vince's guy...or Vince has lost it" translate into real-world consequences as Wall Street look at Vince and the company... "Jinder Mahal has no business as champion..." if listened to might affect the companies success in a new and potentially very lucrative territory.

By actually getting behind Roman, yes it may be "selling out your views" a little bit, but it also helps secure the company so he can then put someone ELSE over who you may well like... We as fans want it NOW... they're looking at 3-6-8 years down the line.

Try telling Marvel/Disney they're getting it wrong? will they listen? nope... cos those dissenting voices are the minority and the majority will still pay for the merch, see the movies and buy their vision of things... only when something REALLY gets bad press like Inhumans might they look again, but even then, is it really worse than Agents of SHIELD was at the start? probably not...but we're spoiled and will not allow for growth as we maybe did with that first series of AoS...

Same for WWE, fans got used to being listened to more when the company was in trouble and never got over being "ditched" as soon as it wasn't. The idea that ANY of us can write and consider ourselves part of the business, much less get paid to talk about it is insane when you think about it. Most of what goes on in the IWC would be dismissed as fan theory in any other media.

All Goldust is saying is to reign that in... there's a place for it, but there's also a time to shut the fuck up and watch the product, rather than trying to do better in your head without the infinite variables Vince and the WWE team have for each episode.

It's how wrestling works... you suspend your disbelief, if you can't do that enough to watch a 3 hour war with no opinion... you probably should stop watching. It's clearly no longer fun and will only lead to disappointment, cos you, me, anyone on this site or any other is NEVER gonna run WWE the company...

The best you will get is once the tech catches up is a subscription game where you can manage your own WWE. They might go that route yet... but the actual show, stop trying to run it... cos you can't.

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 09-30-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
First of all, look at who is doing the talking...

Dustin Rhodes/Goldust is a true legend and one of the few 2nd gen or 3rd gen stars to LEGIT have a legacy of his own that wasn't down to the family name... Cody, Randy I'm looking at you... While he started as Dustin, he's been Goldust 3 times as long as he ever was Dustin in the ring...and that "first" career was more than many get in terms of success.

He's also the son of someone who was legendary not just for being the guy "pushed" to be champ, but who genuinely connected with fans of his time and had a big influence on how the product became what it is today... Dusty set up Starrcade, helped shape WCW TV and the NXT product that trained a lot of the guys these "moaners" want pushed. Perhaps with the exception of Shane and Steph, Dustin has a pretty good bead on how the business has gotten to this point and "been part of it" through his father, if not "first hand" at the time while growing up, from talking to him later.

Goldust knows that being pushed to the main event isn't about "just a title", and that most stars won't get to that top level... He certainly didn't... but he's still had a 20 year+ career on VERY good money, with very little time off/fired/gone when it comes down to it. He's made more doing that than a 6 month reign as World Champion would have delivered...something Cody sadly didn't want to accept.

When he joined the WWF, Steve Austin was The Ringmaster, Mick Foley had only just become Mankind, The Big Show was in WCW and Kane was still in Smokey Mountain or Issac Yankem. Chris Jericho was a new cruiserweight and The Rock had barely started to train while Triple H was getting slopped by Henry Godwinn. There is scope for ANYONE on this roster to change from where they are to the next megastar... but the one thing you can guarantee is if you bitch enough about one talent NOT getting the chance, there will be a price they pay... Look at how Daniel Bryan worked out as soon as he was hurt or how Cesaro has struggled.

Fans want it NOW... and more than any other show, they feel they have control and their opinion counts. Do Marvel fans kick off and bitch at the direction something takes? rarely, they like what they get... but they get a 2 hour movie 3 times a year. WWE produces 7-10 hours of TV every week at least 5 hours of that being live if not more with a PPV.

He is simply telling those fans TRY and enjoy what is there, cos if you don't... those people who are part of it will be gone... People weren't enjoying the WWE in 1995/96 more than WCW... it meant WWE went a different way and luckily for them, created new stars in the process to save the company. They may be under pressure today, but not in the same way. This IWC fan bitching that Goldust is referring to is now DAMAGING the company...

"Oh I hate Roman, he's Vince's guy...or Vince has lost it" translate into real-world consequences as Wall Street look at Vince and the company... "Jinder Mahal has no business as champion..." if listened to might affect the companies success in a new and potentially very lucrative territory.

By actually getting behind Roman, yes it may be "selling out your views" a little bit, but it also helps secure the company so he can then put someone ELSE over who you may well like... We as fans want it NOW... they're looking at 3-6-8 years down the line.

Try telling Marvel/Disney they're getting it wrong? will they listen? nope... cos those dissenting voices are the minority and the majority will still pay for the merch, see the movies and buy their vision of things... only when something REALLY gets bad press like Inhumans might they look again, but even then, is it really worse than Agents of SHIELD was at the start? probably not...but we're spoiled and will not allow for growth as we maybe did with that first series of AoS...

Same for WWE, fans got used to being listened to more when the company was in trouble and never got over being "ditched" as soon as it wasn't. The idea that ANY of us can write and consider ourselves part of the business, much less get paid to talk about it is insane when you think about it. Most of what goes on in the IWC would be dismissed as fan theory in any other media.

All Goldust is saying is to reign that in... there's a place for it, but there's also a time to shut the fuck up and watch the product, rather than trying to do better in your head without the infinite variables Vince and the WWE team have for each episode.

It's how wrestling works... you suspend your disbelief, if you can't do that enough to watch a 3 hour war with no opinion... you probably should stop watching. It's clearly no longer fun and will only lead to disappointment, cos you, me, anyone on this site or any other is NEVER gonna run WWE the company...

The best you will get is once the tech catches up is a subscription game where you can manage your own WWE. They might go that route yet... but the actual show, stop trying to run it... cos you can't.
This is a lot of words just to say “shut up and like what WWE gives you.” Which is completely the wrong line of thought. If you don’t like something, then you should do your best to change it before you give up on it. That’s what a fair number of fans are trying to do. They want to see change because the product isn’t to their liking.

And comparing Marvel to WWE isn’t an apples to apples comparison because Marvel is following a well established script most of the time while WWE is completely new most of the time. And people do bitch about Marvel at times, but they typically give fans what they want. That’s all you have to do is deliver a product the fans enjoy and the money will come. No need to play this “shut up and take it” routine.