WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Smackdown feels empty

Alright I'll get straight to the point. On RAW you have Lesnar, Reigns, Strowman, Joe, Cena, Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Balor and Miz.

Smackdown has Styles, Owens, Orton and Nakamura. Roode just debuted. That's it. That's literally all the star power Smackdown has.

The ratio is almost 2:1. I get it. RAW is the flagship show, but I think Smackdown's writters are having a hard time given the depth they have. It's interesting to see how SD moves forward, because a) I don't see Nak becoming a champion and b) there's no face left for Jinder to face, outside of Styles who is the US champ.

The fact that Rollins and Ambrose are a tag team and are feuding with Cesaro and Sheamus is mind blowing as well. Yeah, it's entertaining, but you have 3 former world champions in the tag division and no actual tag teams. On the other side, they have nobody else other than New Day and The Usos and those have been feuding since June.

Even Elias Samson, a low carder, has more value right now than Corbin, Rusev, Zayn, Kanellis and Ziggler.

RAW was suffering last year, SD seems to suffer this year. Styles and Owens are literally carrying the show on their backs. Literally. Charlotte, after 5 months of being on SD, has just now started to find a footing.

I don't know guys. I don't what Smackdown to turn into what it used to be at the end of the final brand split. I also try to think what matches SD could give us for 'Mania and the only ones that pop to my head are Styles/Nakamura and Orton/Owens and maybe Cena/Roode or Roode/Y2J.

I'm not complaining. Just worrying.

Last edited by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. : 09-28-2017 at 06:02 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:17 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I totally agree. The Superstar Shake-up messed up Smackdown badly. And the land of opportunities stuff doesn't work when Jinder Mahal is the World Champion.

About 3 World Champions in tag division, the situation gets worse when you see the pre mature breaking up of tag teams like American Alpha, Enzo-Cass etc. Revival getting injured worsened it more so Ambrose and Rollins had to go to tag division.

I think that sending Rollins to Smackdown could've worked. Not to forget that the booking hasn't done Rusev or Sami Zayn any favours. Plus, the "main event" feud between Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton.

Only positives have been AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

Women Division didn't matter much since Naomi was the champion and Lana of all women challenged her at least 3 times.

Tag Division is literally being carried by New Day and The Usos. Also, expect Hype Bros to be the next one to break.

In nutshell, Smackdown is messed up. Someone who shouldn't be even Midcard Champion is your World Champion. How cool. So much opportunities missed...
Old 09-28-2017, 06:28 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Personally I believe that the smackdown live talent is there it's just the writers do not know how to use them. You cannot tell me that with a roster of Orton, styles, Nakamura, Owens that they are not a fantastic main event talent. You can not tell me that zayn, rusev, Corbin, dolph, mahal would not be a great mid card division. You cannot tell me that a women's division that has Charlotte, Becky, Natalia, maybe Naomi would be good. The problem and it is something I have been saying since the shake up is that the writers on smackdown do not know how to use their talent.
I mean look at the top of the card... We have Jinder who was just a jobber 6 months ago and had an awful Orton feud and an awful Nakamura feud.
We had LANA vs Naomi 3 times, I would not even have had it 1 time but smackdown writers are idiots
The US title picture was great because you have main event talent like Owens and Styles fighting over it.

It all starts with booking. You want to know why smackdown worked last year cause we had MAIN EVENT talent fighting in the main event and MIDCARD talent fighting in the midcard. You cannot tell me that if jinder was US champ and AJ was WWE champ that the division and show would not be better
Old 09-28-2017, 06:28 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
I totally agree. The Superstar Shake-up messed up Smackdown badly. And the land of opportunities stuff doesn't work when Jinder Mahal is the World Champion.

About 3 World Champions in tag division, the situation gets worse when you see the pre mature breaking up of tag teams like American Alpha, Enzo-Cass etc. Revival getting injured worsened it more so Ambrose and Rollins had to go to tag division.

I think that sending Rollins to Smackdown could've worked. Not to forget that the booking hasn't done Rusev or Sami Zayn any favours. Plus, the "main event" feud between Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton.

Only positives have been AJ Styles and Kevin Owens.

Women Division didn't matter much since Naomi was the champion and Lana of all women challenged her at least 3 times.

Tag Division is literally being carried by New Day and The Usos. Also, expect Hype Bros to be the next one to break.

In nutshell, Smackdown is messed up. Someone who shouldn't be even Midcard Champion is your World Champion. How cool. So much opportunities missed...
Wyatt on RAW was a mistake as well. Rollins, Wyatt, Balor should have been to SD. Can you imagine? Rollins/Styles, Styles/Balor, Styles/Wyatt and Balor/Wyatt and probably Club vs Wyatt Family. Rollins became from the MAN to #4 on RAW, behind Reigns, Lesnar and Strowman when he should have been what Batista was to John Cena. Zayn should have stayed on RAW, away from Owens, or vice-versa.

I guess they just planned the entire year on Jinder being the champ and Lesnar being the champ so they just shaked things up so they could feed the right people to Brock and the right people to Jinder.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOZEKING View Post
Personally I believe that the smackdown live talent is there it's just the writers do not know how to use them. You cannot tell me that with a roster of Orton, styles, Nakamura, Owens that they are not a fantastic main event talent. You can not tell me that zayn, rusev, Corbin, dolph, mahal would not be a great mid card division. You cannot tell me that a women's division that has Charlotte, Becky, Natalia, maybe Naomi would be good. The problem and it is something I have been saying since the shake up is that the writers on smackdown do not know how to use their talent.
I mean look at the top of the card... We have Jinder who was just a jobber 6 months ago and had an awful Orton feud and an awful Nakamura feud.
We had LANA vs Naomi 3 times, I would not even have had it 1 time but smackdown writers are idiots
The US title picture was great because you have main event talent like Owens and Styles fighting over it.

It all starts with booking. You want to know why smackdown worked last year cause we had MAIN EVENT talent fighting in the main event and MIDCARD talent fighting in the midcard. You cannot tell me that if jinder was US champ and AJ was WWE champ that the division and show would not be better
I completely agree with that. Last year SD had a former NXT writer. I read that he was gone this year. The change in quality is visible. Everybody had something going for them last year. From the lower talent up to the highest everyone felt important over on Smackdown. This year? Everyone feels unimportant.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:40 AM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. View Post
I guess they just planned the entire year on Jinder being the champ and Lesnar being the champ so they just shaked things up so they could feed the right people to Brock and the right people to Jinder.
This is the problem in a nutshell. The year was already planned out when Lesnar won the Universal title and everyone else has been in a holding pattern since then.

Everything is building to Reigns/Lesnar at Mania, the rest of the roster on both shows has been booked like shit. Styles and Owens are carrying SD Live which is ridiculous when you could have so much more going on. Wrestlers like Harper have been totally ignored for the last few months so Owens can feud with Shane McMahon, of all people.

If you watch RAW and SD Live, it's the same old every week. Rusev has been totally wasted as well as Bray Wyatt. Rollins and Ambrose, while they make a good tag team, were put together just to give them something to do. Established tag teams were broken up, it makes no sense. The superstar shakeup didn't help anyone especially the fans.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

It feels empty because the seats are literally empty each show. The seats are empty because there isnít much reason to tune in or show up. Mahal is the worst champion in probably my entire life and Iím old enough to remember when Bob Backlund was champ in the early 90s. They have devalued that title to be a joke along with Mahal. The rest of the talented guys that people care about are saddled with serious feuds with Shane McMahon, or trying to carry Baron Corbin to be interesting. They have had brilliant moments of writing on Smackdown but right now they feel forced into booking the boring ethnic champ and the bossís son.

Then you have all the unused guys like Harper and Sami. Both very servicivle guys who, in Samiís case, are only on TV to make KO look good.

The tag division is the lone bright spot only because New Day and Usos have been fire. They canít even keep up with The Fashion Files, one of the best segments in recent years. The Hype Bros have been breaking up for months now.

The women basically suffer from only having two actual faces in Becky and Naomi on the roster. Charlotte is being pushed as a face but she is much better as a heel. They will allow her to win the title then have Carmella cash in and he are back to heel champ. At least she has more of a character than Nattie.

So yeah, the writing has just been shit despite having name guys. Maybe itís just because the NFL is going and this time of year typically is slow for WWE, but neither show feels that fun right now.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Yaz View Post
It feels empty because the seats are literally empty each show. The seats are empty because there isnít much reason to tune in or show up. Mahal is the worst champion in probably my entire life and Iím old enough to remember when Bob Backlund was champ in the early 90s. They have devalued that title to be a joke along with Mahal. The rest of the talented guys that people care about are saddled with serious feuds with Shane McMahon, or trying to carry Baron Corbin to be interesting. They have had brilliant moments of writing on Smackdown but right now they feel forced into booking the boring ethnic champ and the bossís son.

Then you have all the unused guys like Harper and Sami. Both very servicivle guys who, in Samiís case, are only on TV to make KO look good.

The tag division is the lone bright spot only because New Day and Usos have been fire. They canít even keep up with The Fashion Files, one of the best segments in recent years. The Hype Bros have been breaking up for months now.

The women basically suffer from only having two actual faces in Becky and Naomi on the roster. Charlotte is being pushed as a face but she is much better as a heel. They will allow her to win the title then have Carmella cash in and he are back to heel champ. At least she has more of a character than Nattie.

So yeah, the writing has just been shit despite having name guys. Maybe itís just because the NFL is going and this time of year typically is slow for WWE, but neither show feels that fun right now.
2016 was the tits. Literally. It had so many moments. Ambrose's rise against Brock, Shane coming back, Styles vs Cena, Rollins' return, Shield triple threat, the creation of the Universal Championship, Owens and Styles becoming world champs, Jeri-KO, Goldberg squashing Lesnar.

What has been the biggest moment of 2017? Undertaker retiring (possibly, who knows) and Cena becoming 16 time world champion. That's it. Nothing else stands out. Oh and the Reigns Strowman feud.

But keeping things Smackdown only, are they blind? They must be able to see the empty seats and the bad booking. 2017 might go down as one of the most uninteresting years of recent memory. 2010 at least had Nexus.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:20 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally, I feel the complete opposite of about, this, I think smackdown did a better job in creating main event stars then raw did. On raw, if you take lesnar out of the picture, the only one that feels like big stars right now are reigns and strowman because that's who they are focusing on right now. The rest of the name mention like balor, joe, ambrose and rollins feel like mid card players right now and are really boring

Smackdown as aj styles who as become a bigger star because of being on sackdown, owens who was becoming a joke on raw became a main event star on smackdown. Nakamura is on his way to becoming a big star for the wwe, as much as it pains me to write this, even jinder mahal was able to sheed is jober status and as become a pretty good midcard guy. You still have orton and rusev that are really interesting as well and with roode on his way. Smackdown as been the most entertaining show most week.

Again that's just my take on this but I feel that raw might have the more stars power but they don't captalize on it as well as smackdown does with their roster and I rather see a 2 hiur smackdown with guys that are tryig to become stars then a tree hor raw that as hard to watch as a old 3 hour nitro because of the lack of trying in making their main event stars feel like stars.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:58 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOZEKING View Post
Personally I believe that the smackdown live talent is there it's just the writers do not know how to use them.
I can't really buy into that because the blue brand was killing it just before Jinder Mahal became WWE Champion. While the slump that's going on can't all be laid on Jinder of course, the fact remains that Jinder may well be the worst WWE Champion in history and that has to be a drag on things.

SmackDown's head writer is Ryan Ward and Ward is the guy who, along with Triple H, established NXT before he was moved to the main roster. Prior to the summer, the blue brand was kicking Raw's ass almost every single week when it came to quality and overall interest so what's changed? Well, I know this is going to sound like a conspiracy theory, which it is as there's no evidence as it's just a gut feeling, I can't help but wonder if Vince McMahon has purposely wanted the blue brand to be made to look inferior to Raw once again. I know, it doesn't really make any sense as you'd think it's logical that Vince would want both brands to be as strong as possible but there are times in which logic isn't a major factor. Sometimes, Vince simply wants what he wants and he's going to get it regardless if he has the rest of the entire company telling him he shouldn't; sometimes, not often but every once in a while, Vince wants something and the reasons only make sense to him.

At the end of the day, the buck has to stop with Vince McMahon because that's how everything is structured. When things go badly, he may do all he can to pass the buck and he gets away with it because he's the only one in WWE with any real power; anyone else only has any power because he allows it and sometimes things go down not necessarily because they're the right move but because it's what he wants to happen. For instance, if Jinder Mahal comes out of Hell in a Cell as WWE Champion, it'll purely be because Vince wants it as Jinder isn't a draw, attendance for SmackDown shows is down significantly, he doesn't move any merchandise to speak of and there's just not much of anything positive about the man outside of his physique. Logically, there's no reason why he should be WWE Champion and if he remains champion, it'll simply be because Vince likes him as champion and the primary job of the writers isn't to make the fans happy, it's to make Vince McMahon happy.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria