WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-27-2017, 02:00 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Hell In A Cell - Bobby Roode VS Dolph Ziggler

After Dolph came out to night mocking the Undertaker's entrance, which I think finally got the response WWE had been hoping to get from the live crowds the past few weeks, he went into his schtick as to how great he is in the ring, how fans only care about flashy entrances, etc. when Bobby Roode's music suddenly hit. Roode comes out, does his thing for a bit and eventually challenges Ziggler to a match at HIAC, which is now official.

While I prefer Roode in the role of a heel, this should still be an entertaining match and Ziggler is a good guy to make his ppv debut against. There's zero chance of Ziggler winning this as he's ultimately little more than high profile enhancement talent at this point, but he can still put on fun matches.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:33 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Gotta feel for Dolph. Is playing a gimmick where he says no one can do what he can do on the ring but is the pawn for every person coming through. It's not that bad of a role, someone has to do and Dolph is a good talent to elevate people but why give him the gimmick if he will just lose all the time?

Should be a good match though. like JH said, ideally we would want Roode to be the heel here but hopefully it is a set up for a good heel turn down the road, instead of just becoming the lovable IWC heel from the debut. I think this will be Dolphs best match since Miz and I'm looking forward to it, even if it is as predictable as Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 09-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that ziggler is a big enough star to help roode become a establish mid card guy on smackdown. The fact is ziggler is near the end of his contract and he's been very vocal about how he wants to retire and do other project after he done with wwe. So why not use him to put other wrestler over until his contract runs out.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Jack-Hammer makes a great point, they finally go the reaction they've been craving with Dolph. To this point, this fake entrance gimmick has been cringe-worthy, last night it drew some decent heat.

I agree Roode is better in the heel role, but this is a smart way to debut him on the main roster. Let him work face without altering the gimmick for a few months before you pull the turn.

Showing up as heel and just being a heel might have seen him flounder a bit. The again though, I remember a Bradshaw interview where he said that Vince wanted to debut the JBL gimmick as a babyface.

Now I'm not comparing Bobby Roode to Bradshaw, but the characters have some similarities in that they're both described as rich. The announcers described a debuting Roode as being wealthy, which generally isn't a trait applied to faces. It can work - but it's hard to root for a man who has everything.

Roode will be a more hated heel if the crowd gets to know him then he turns his back on them, than if say he showed up acting better than them from day one. He was going to get a pop on debut anyway, so why not ride the wave?

The match will be good, but ultimately not consequential. A Roode win seems certain, hopefully these two put on a show. The Undertaker entrance will hopefully have built some decent heat for Ziggler.

How does he follow it? At Hell in a Cell, if the glass shatters or if you smell hits the speakers, fans will be ready for SCSA or the Rock to not be there. Dolph's entrance gimmick has very limited legs and diminishing returns.

Roode wins an above average match and starts his momentum going again.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:26 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I don't want to the the person who points this out, but after Ziggler we'll probably get Roode vs. Corbin and after that Roode vs. Mahal. They poor Bobby will be just as cold as Nakamura.

It's like WWE do this on purpose to lower expectations with people who could get hotter than their chosen guys.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:04 AM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Midget View Post
Jack-Hammer makes a great point, they finally go the reaction they've been craving with Dolph. To this point, this fake entrance gimmick has been cringe-worthy, last night it drew some decent heat.

I agree Roode is better in the heel role, but this is a smart way to debut him on the main roster. Let him work face without altering the gimmick for a few months before you pull the turn.

Showing up as heel and just being a heel might have seen him flounder a bit. The again though, I remember a Bradshaw interview where he said that Vince wanted to debut the JBL gimmick as a babyface.

Now I'm not comparing Bobby Roode to Bradshaw, but the characters have some similarities in that they're both described as rich. The announcers described a debuting Roode as being wealthy, which generally isn't a trait applied to faces. It can work - but it's hard to root for a man who has everything.

Roode will be a more hated heel if the crowd gets to know him then he turns his back on them, than if say he showed up acting better than them from day one. He was going to get a pop on debut anyway, so why not ride the wave?

The match will be good, but ultimately not consequential. A Roode win seems certain, hopefully these two put on a show. The Undertaker entrance will hopefully have built some decent heat for Ziggler.

How does he follow it? At Hell in a Cell, if the glass shatters or if you smell hits the speakers, fans will be ready for SCSA or the Rock to not be there. Dolph's entrance gimmick has very limited legs and diminishing returns.

Roode wins an above average match and starts his momentum going again.
I could actually see the Ziggler gimmick morphing from where he's doing the elaborate entrances, to where he starts attacking the wrestlers with bigger gimmicks/personalities, during their entrance.

It could then go from there.

But as someone said, I see Ziggler leaving WWE soon - so this is the way to go.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Could Ziggler be mocking Roode's entrance itself? He has been teasing a big entrance and he has been copying entrances of other wrestlers. So I wonder that he'll do the same to Roode.

Regardless, it should be a good match. Ziggler, as much as he's ridiculed, is good enough to have a good match if given enough time. Roode should win this match at any cost though.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...mkw1962 is looking to come up from OCW...

This match is probably to give a push to Bobby, since sorry to say Dolph is probably leaving soon his contract is almost up. I hate to see Dolph go and I wish they did more with him in his career, he kind of reminded me of Shawn Michaels. I guess the injuries and bad timing made his career.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ziggler coming out to no entrance was good. It served its purpose well enough. The right person won but I don't like the ending. Isn't Bobby Roode a face? Or a face can use tights to steal a pin? I wonder what's next for both of these. Won't mind Roode against Corbin for US Championship.