WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default Well it finally happened and I'm bummed about it.

I was one of the biggest Shield marks on this forum, and was totally pissed off when they broke up. But that was three years ago and I've moved on. It doesn't mean I didn't want them to reform at some point as I knew they would, but wanted it to happen for the right reasons.

It happened tonight on RAW, like the title of this thread says I'm bummed. It just doesn't feel like the Shield. There was too much prep, hints and teases for it to be any sort of a surprise and that's what I wanted a surprise. Been waiting forever to hear SIERRA, HOTEL, INDIA, ECHO, LIMA, DELTA, SHIELD, then the camera pans into the crowd and out they come down the stairs in their riot gear.

Tonight on RAW Reigns came out to his music, Ambrose and Rollins the same. All three were dressed as they normally are, although later in the show they were wearing matching Shield shirts, and it just wasn't right. I don't know how the WWE could take the reformation of one of the best factions they've ever put together and screw it up so much.

Now some if not most fans of the Shield will be thrilled that they are back together, and I suppose they should be. I always thought for some stupid reason they would reform for a reason that would make sense, nothing about this makes any sense.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but KB said it best on the RAW LD thread. He said that this felt too corporate and forced. Now that it's happened I guess we'll have to see where it goes, but not feeling it right now.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:33 AM

Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...Dolph Ziggler's Gimmick is looking to come up from OCW...

The way they're handling it definitely tells you that they're still focused on them as singles stars, they might even abruptly end this with a poetic Ambrose heel turn.

Either way, I can't help but mark out for it. It's also possibly a good chance for Roman, he might come out of this looking like the badass we knew from the Shield and have a fresh start with the audience as a singles star. Then again I highly doubt it would work, since the damage seems to be done there, but I can at least hope for a subtle character change.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

I feel you girl. It feels forced and it feels like the next step in getting Roman cheered. I’m not going to say there is no hope, because collectively you have three of WWE’s best (yes even Ambrose) and they typically deliver when it matters. I just wish the writing hadn’t been broadcast on the wall for weeks.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:36 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Meh. That was my reaction to it. It's just a throwaway deal in order to have a "special match" at TLC. Plus they're facing Miz, Sheamus, Cesaro and Strowman. Nothing against those guys, but they are not hot stuff and definately not worthy to be the catalyst of a Shield reunion. How did it even happen? Strowman faced Dean and Seth out of nowhere, then Cesaro and Sheamus got involved with Miz out of nowhere. There should have been a long build with a big payoff in order to justify the fact that they're back together.

You had the Club and the New Day and instead of building Shield back to face one of these two already established factions, they're facing 4 guys that just created a team. It will be a fun match and that's all.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:47 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Yeah I agree. I mean, how hard would it have been for them to book Miz, Sheamus and Cesaro to beat on Reigns in the ring only for the Tango, Foxtrot bit to come on and have Rollins and Ambrose come through the crowd for the save?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

They've barely been reunited for a fart. Anyone can walk down through the crowd or wear combat gear. What set The Shield apart was their matches. They had great chemistry and took three man tags to another level. We never had to get tired of a single guy in the ring because the next guy up was gonna come out and keep the action hot in their own style.

The rest was all newness and the additional icing on the cake that Dolph Ziggler is basing a new character on. The Shield's selling point in 2017 is getting them in the ring together and seeing if they can still go. That probably doesn't happen until TLC. Whatever you expected of them in one night is on you and completely unfair.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 10-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

Think the whole point is that they are not 'The Sheild'. They are the guys who were in the shield, coming together for a match. They use the mannerisms as the fans eat that up.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Personally, I never understood why the broke them up in the first place. They always we're more over as a table then as single star so I'm happy that the brought them back together because it will help all three in the end.

Personally, I'm hoping that they don't break them up and keep them together as long as they can. What I would love to see is if they still want to do reigns vs lesnar at mania, keep reigns as part of the shield until mania. Have them come down with reigns to the ring and after the match is over and reigns won the belt from lesnar, have all three beat on lesnar, throw hm outside and do the triple powerbomb through the table on lesnar. So this would be a great to justify the exit of lesnar in case he doesn't resign next year. Then you could seperate them with sending one or two of the guys on smackdown.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The biggest issue is that Reigns kept the Shield gimmick when they broke up. He kept the riot gear (albeit altered to sell shirts), he kept the crowd entrance (he later dropped it), and he kept the music - though slightly altered.

The challenge arises that you have to keep Ambrose and Rollins as their own entities - otherwise they're a main event equivalent to the Miztourage. They're just accessories to Reigns.

I agree wholeheartedly though, this reunion begs for the phonetic alphabet and the riot gear. It's like Triple H and Shawn Michaels coming out to The Game and Sexy Boy while being DX, it's not quite right. They didn't keep the DX theme for their singles runs though.

I think we see the Shield theme at TLC. It only makes sense, and it'll get a bigger pop while maintaining the integrity of characters not named Roman Reigns. I'm not certain we'll see the riot gear though.

Maybe as entrance gear. Personally I've been waiting for Ambrose to drop the jeans forever. Maybe they'll get vests like Roman with their symbols. The new Shield t-shirt says it all, with the fist bump and each individual's logo on their respective fist.

Hopefully Roman gets a new theme moving out of this. Their does exist the chance though that they all keep their separate themes, they keep their individual looks, and this new Shield is a different Shield.

As others have pointed out, the music and the gear didn't make the Shield great, it was the chemistry that they had together in and out of the ring. They can't fully go back to how the Shield were before, just as every iteration of DX or nWo was slightly different - thought the Shield only works with these three.

The biggest thing for the Shield reunion is the opponents. The Shield generally faced a rag tag group of faces consisting of whatever combination of Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, Big Show, Orton, and whoever else didn't have a singles angle.

Towards the end of the Shield, they turned face and got to feud with the Wyatts and with Evolution. WWE already supplanted the Miztourage with The Bar plus Braun Strowman. Where does it go from here?

WWE needs factions for The Shield to feud with. Fortunately they have a few options. New Day is on SDL (Survivor Series is coming). You can put the Wyatts back together easily, ditto for The Club (with either Balor or AJ). The challenge is just making them threats.

TLC would be fine with Miz and the Bar, but now they've thrown in Strowman like a kid sending more action figure bad guys after their heroes. Where do we go from here before there's nowhere to go?

WrestleMania season isn't really that far away. There's still a lot of 2017 to go though. WWE needs something to carry the Raw brand through Lesnar's absence. This is looking good so far.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

The way I see it is either
A) we cheer the shield and program and all three are praised by Vince
B) we boo the shield and program and Ambrose and Rollins are blamed by Vince