WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-06-2017, 11:36 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Jeff Jarrett Takes Indefinite Leave as CCO; Anthem Reportedly Ready to Sell GFW

Quote:
On Jeff Jarrett’s exit from GFW as their Chief Creative Officer:

Jarrett’s exit creates an entire realm of possibilities for GFW, which, up until 2017, was known as TNA Impact Wrestling.

GFW is hemorrhaging funds, and sources close to the situation have confirmed that Anthem is ready to withdraw itself from the wrestling industry and sell GFW. Anthem even needed to gut the Fight Network in order to finance GFW.

Another wrinkle to the story is that Jarrett still owns the name of Global Force Wrestling, so Anthem would be selling Impact Wrestling.
Quote:
On the current value of GFW:

Anthem has a worthwhile commodity if it decides to sell GFW/Impact primarily due to its tape library.

WWE tops the list of potential suitors, as the tape library is extremely valuable. A number of WWE’s top stars, including AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Bobby Roode, as well as Raw GM Kurt Angle, all produced some incredibly compelling work in TNA. If the company were ever to pursue Ring of Honor’s Jay Lethal, he also has entertaining work from TNA with his Randy Savage-inspired “Black Machismo” character, as well as his Ric Flair impersonation.
Quote:
On possible sales scenarios:

A key part of any potential deal is the presence of John “Big” Gaburick, who is still a part of the GFW creative team. Gaburick is extremely close with Kevin Dunn, who is WWE’s Executive Vice President of Television Production.

Anthem could also consider selling to Ring of Honor or even open up discussions with former TNA investor and Smashing Pumpkins icon Billy Corgan, but Jarrett’s exit opens the door for WWE to make Anthem an offer it cannot refuse.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8814...s-benefit-more

--

So much for a happy marriage.

What, you really thought you could go six months without the threat of sale/bankruptcy or some other company-ending financial outcome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:05 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

How many people even care any more? A story like this pops up every few months and I'm just numb to it.

It sucks that all those people will be out of work for a bit but it's long past time this horse was put out to pasture.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:29 PM

mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...mooseman is looking to come up from OCW...

Assuming WWE or ROH were to purchase GFW/IMPACT/TNA which wrestlers are under contract and which wrestlers are under appearance deals like i'm assuming John Morrison/Nitro/Mundo/Impact is? Also would the purchase include relationships with NOAH and AAA as well?
Old 09-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

i think the way the article was written, it's more about the possibilities that opens up with jarrett taking a break. with the title of the article of the main site, they pretty much started a rumour that might or might not be true. Until we get a official announcement from ed northolm about this i don't think that Anthem is ready to sell the company just yet, especially since they are doing really good ratings in Canada.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

All right, at this point it is clear that the "TNA/Impact Wrestling/GFW basic cable broadcasted Universal Studios stunt show" is inching ever closer to its final resting place. I know we've thought this company was dead many times before and yet here we are, with Impact somehow still on TV. The 3 suitors this time around are WWE, ROH, and Corgan.

Corgan is the least likely in my opinion. He already lost one time and got burned. I also think his "Generation X" wrestling promotion concept with him as the Authority Figure failed to set the wrestling world on fire when we got it on Impact last year, so why would it work now? I could be wrong though and maybe Corgan will unleash his vision of wrestling on us and it will be great. Who knows.

WWE buying up Impact's library would be great for WWE Network subscribers. I think wrestling fans may enjoy that outcome, but at the loss of another basic cable wrestling brand to watch. With Raw, Smackdown, NXT and ROH there's plenty to watch out there. Impact going away would be tough, but I think fans would move on pretty quickly and would enjoy checking out old Impacts on demand on the WWE Network.

ROH buying up Impact would probably result in ROH using Impact's TV slots to air ROH weekly. With Cody Rhodes, Lethal, Castle and other great talents I think Impact fans wouldn't be to disappointed by that. Still ROH is a specific style and some fans prefer a more WWE lite type of show. Personally I'm gunning for this outcome because more eyes on ROH is what's best for wrestling.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Plus I'm thinking why would anthem renew their tv deal with pop and promote the fact that they are launching the GFW network if they where thinking about selling. It makes no sense to start all these new thing for the company if they really wanted to sell.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:16 AM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Things seem to always go do this road with this company. As a fan, I am losing hope with them. This again, makes wrestler want to get away from GFW and go to nXt or ROH. It is said but makes me think of this is all a work to get Jarret on TV for Bound for Glory as a "takeover" storyline that's been done to death. All I can hope besides another sale and more talent leaving a submerged ship now a submarine.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:30 AM

jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...jpickens is looking to come up from OCW...

I'll believe it when I see it until then keep watching.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...neildittmar is looking to come up from OCW...

The only aspect of this that we truly know to be fact so far is the indefinite departure of Jeff Jarrett from the company as CCO. Everything else remains unconfirmed.

Having said that, I'm starting to wonder how many shakeups, changes of the guard, or whatever else one wishes to call them can occur before GFW/Impact/TNA ceases to have a definable identity anymore.

In other words, how long until the principals cut their losses and sell the video library to Vince, with the company ceasing as an ongoing interest? The last couple times this has happened, I've rationalized the answer to be "not long", only for the next suitor to come along with promises to save the company in Cinderella-style fashion.

So for me the real question is, has the former TNA / current GFW completely run out Prince Charming's yet? I guess time will ultimately tell.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:14 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 – Team Undisputed
Mr. Money in the Bank

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Ummmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Force Impact Wrestling
Global Force Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., announced today numerous global and digital expansion initiatives, including:

Plans to launch the Global Wrestling Network, a multi-platform digital service designed to give fans around the world instant 24-hour access to the extensive GFW and IMPACT libraries.
Plans to launch the IMPACT Wrestling Channel on Pluto TV, a 24-hour live feed of content on the leading free over-the-top (OTT) television service in the U.S.
Extension with Pop TV in the U.S. to continue airing its flagship weekly show IMPACT on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Distribution deal with 7Sports, the sport business unit of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group, to bring IMPACT back to screens in Germany, Austria and Switzerland via ran FIGHTING.
IMPACT showcases top professional wrestling stars such as GFW Champion Eli Drake, Bobby Lashley, the high-flying X-Division, the lovely and lethal Knockouts, including Sienna, Rosemary and Gail Kim, plus talent from international partner promotions such as Johnny Impact, Naomichi Marufuji and El Hijo del Fantasma. The 3,000+ hour library features household industry names such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and many more.

“These digital initiatives and broadcast agreements are a significant step forward for the Global Force Wrestling organization as we continue to expand the brand globally, making it available on more platforms and in more countries,” said Ed Nordholm, president of Global Force Wrestling. “Anthem is committed to broadening Global Force Wrestling’s footprint, as we work alongside international broadcast partners, digital platforms and professional wrestling promotions to bring our passionate fans a high-quality product that not only stands out in today’s media landscape, but continues to thrive into the future.”

Additional details about the launch of the Global Wrestling Network and IMPACT Wrestling Channel on Pluto TV will be revealed in the near future. For more information on Pluto TV, visit www.Pluto.tv.

“We are excited to extend our partnership with Anthem and remain the exclusive linear television home of IMPACT in the U.S.,” said David Mandell, COO of Pop. “IMPACT delivers over 100 hours of original programming per year on Pop with some of the best and most passionate fans in television. With our broad distribution across all major cable and satellite providers, as well as almost every new over-the-top bundle, including DirecTV Now, Sony Vue, Fubo TV, Hulu TV and YouTube TV, IMPACT fans have more options than ever to catch their favorite show every week.”

IMPACT will be available as part of the ran FIGHTING BLACK PASS for €3.99 per month at ranFIGHTING.de across Germany, Austria and Switzerland starting on Sept. 8, which includes a simulcast of IMPACT on ran FIGHTING’s 24/7 web channel, plus VOD access to IMPACT episodes and One Night Only specials. The service also gives customers the opportunity to purchase GFW’s premium annual pay-per-view events, including Bound for Glory and Slammiversary.

“The deal with ProSieben marks the second major European broadcaster to license IMPACT, including Spike UK earlier this year,” Nordholm added. “Coupled with the Pop renewal, our digital launches and significant increase in YouTube views, this reflects the increasing excitement and demand for GFW’s content.”
Source: http://impactwrestling.com/global-fo...n-initiatives/

...what does this mean!?

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!

Last edited by King Patrick Star : 09-07-2017 at 04:17 PM.