WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-05-2017, 08:25 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Raw To Air Live On Christmas

It was announced yesterday that Raw will air live for the first time on Christmas, so Vince should prepare himself for what may well be the least watched episode of Raw in the history of the show. Vince sent out some idiotic Tweet on Labor Day talking about hard work as some sort of explanation as to why it's happening but Beth Hardy, Jeff's wife, posted a Tweet saying that it's a decision that's being made by the USA Network rather than WWE. If that's true, then there's probably some sort of contract thing going on in which WWE doesn't have much of a choice.

Whether it's the honchos at USA or Vince's decision, it definitely seems like an asshole decision and I'm sure it's not sitting well with much of the WWE roster.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Godfather of Integrity
WWF Hardcore Champion

Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...Da Prophet is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Da Prophet

The fact that wrestlers will work on Christmas doesn't bother me. People work on holidays all the time. In fact, if we look to the NBA, people would be furious if LeBron James took the Christmas day game off or any other star for that matter. Wrestlers working on Christmas isn't an issue.

I cannot wait to see the rating for the episode and how full the arena is because of all the other options available. Of course you've got the family gathering aspect and you've got a bunch of sporting events going on.

Seems like a bad move to do it live due to how Christmas takes up so much time and people have better things to do than watching Raw for three hours and it could easily be a taped throwaway show. Wrestlers working on Christmas doesn't bother me.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that most of the veterans on the roster might not take it that bad becuse back in the day it use to be normal for wrestling companies to have wrestling shows on chrstmas and new years so it won't be new to them. I think it will be harder on the newer generation that didn't experience this yet.

Personally I don't see what the big deal is, they tape the show in advance or go live, it won't make a big difference in the ratings. They still will get they're normal day off and they will probably do those show with a reduce crews anyway.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

In my opinion, a live show is better than those “Best of (insert year here)” shows. I usually don’t watch Raw and Smackdown till a day or 2 after they air, but I’ll make it a point to tune it live on Christmas Day and New Years Day.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Ring of Honor Champion

justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...justinsayne is an Intercontinental Champion...

Yeah, this doesn't bother me at all, it's not like this is going to be a yearly thing anyway, Christmas just happens to fall on a Monday this year, next year it'll fall on on a Tuesday, so I assume SD! will be live on Christmas, then they don't have to worry about it again till 2023. It's not a big deal, people in the city RAW will be from that night will likely be buying tickets for the show as Christmas gifts anyway.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...Stone Cold Tea worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Typical selfish wrestling fans don't care as long as they get their fix. When they people graft like hell for 300+ days then they deserve that time off like anyone. It won't just affect them it will affect their families as well.

The NBA comparison is bullshit as from what I gather the Christmas Day game is a tradition. Wrestling isn't. You can easily tape the show. Fuck all of note is going to happen. Absolute bullshit.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 AM

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

There is usually a Toronto house show the night before new years for wwe so I'm almost wondering if this is just a logical extension of that.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:27 AM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Why be upset over any of this? I get this is new for the WWE which can make things frustrating. It does not matter who asked to do it, what matters is they are getting paid to wrestle on the Holiday. It falls on a Monday which is when RAW airs to begin with. It will not, and does not affect me in any way shape or form.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

Although it was just a normal day years ago for wrestling shows on Christmas Day I doubt many on the current roster will have worked many shows on Christmas Day.

It's pointless in my opinion, given the time of year things are almost set in stone for Royal Rumble & I don't know how full the arena will be.

Why not do a pre-taped Raw? I'm sure some talents aren't going to be happy, if there is ever a time when the roster deserves a few days off, it's over Christmas.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

As a fan I feel indifferent to this. I'll watch Raw regardless. It might not actually be on Christmas Day (okay I definitely won't be watching on Christmas Day), but I'll watch it eventually like I always do. So whether it be live, pre-taped, or a "best of" show which I think would be better to be completely honest, it doesn't make a difference.

I could, however, understand if the performers themselves were pissed off by this. They're on the road for 300 and more days a year, and they deserve time off during this period. That's what I believe anyway. And remember, it's not just the performers either. It's the camera crew, the ring tech, the production team, it's everybody. There's definitely going to be some very unhappy workers, not to mention the families that miss out.

It's a very selfish move whoever made the decision. Part of me believes that Vince wouldn't want to do this, so Beth Hardy is likely right. But it doesn't matter. It's a wrong move. I seriously think that WWE should be prepared for a significantly low rating on Christmas Day. At this point the New Year's episode is comparatively irrelevant.

Last edited by The Perfect Max : 09-05-2017 at 11:35 AM.