WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-01-2017, 08:17 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default JBL is Leaving

JBL announced on Twitter that he's stepping away from his job as commentator for SmackDown Live as he intends to focus more time on at risk communities and youths in Bermuda. He'll still show up to work certain "marquee" shows like Tribute to the Troops and WrestleMania.

Personally, I'm glad to see him go as I've long since been tired of his schtick, though I do think he's been a lot better and far less annoying in the months since the controversy regarding his problems with Mauro Ranallo. He's toned it down and is generally less of an abrasive loud mouth all the time, which got annoying to me.

I doubt this means Ranallo will be heading back to the blue brand, I don't think his current WWE deal allows for it as a big reason he's on NXT is so he wouldn't have to deal with JBL and Vince McMahon in the first place. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Renee Young get the spot, though I doubt it will happen. She did a good job when she was on NXT commentary a few years back, she's adorable, fans like her, she's energetic and she's competent.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 PM
I Am Jericho
WWE Diva's Champion

The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Perfect Max worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I enjoyed Layfield's original commentary run about ten years ago, which initially had me excited for his return a few years later. But, it didn't live up to my expectations for whatever reason, and I don't really care to hypothesise why. So, I'm not too disappointed about this. I think the whole JBL character has run its course and served its purpose on the announcer's desk, and it's time for somebody new to step up and into that role. Perhaps my opinion on JBL as an announcer is somewhat tainted by my views on the whole issue with Mauro Ranallo, who is superior to most sporting commentators today, but this really isn't that big of a deal at this point, and I can image that (for many reasons) most people will be somewhat pleased to see this change.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Not much to say about JBL other than he won't be missed. Who replaces JBL? Logic would dictate that the person would be a larger than life personality to compliment Saxton's straight man.

Lawler will likely fill the spot temporarily. What about Nigel McGuinness? He's only been in NXT for a hot minute, but he's an interesting choice.

They might put Otunga on Raw and send Booker T to SDL. I really hope the end result of this is not Otunga back on commentary. Would filling the heel role on commentary be viable use for David? He might become tolerable at best, insufferable at worst.

They could also look outside of WWE. Who would want to enter the world of WWE broadcasting?
Old 09-01-2017, 10:10 PM
(To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...Starkist worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm happy with this. Lost interest completely when he buried Sting during Wrestlemania. He became complete shit at that moment.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:00 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...BigDaddyKewl is looking to come up from OCW...

JBL will be definitely be missed as he has been one of the best color commentators since the 2000s. I think he still has value being part for WWE and I could see him doing the pre show panels at pay per views. I enjoyed the Legends with JBL before it got cancelled and I hope he continues to do Bring it to the Table and other shows on the Network. I'm sure we will get an eventual Hall of Fame induction as well.
I don't see them bringing Mauro Ranallo back to Smackdown. It was convoluted when they had a 4 man announce team before and they seem to happy with Tod Phillips being the play by play guy. They are going to need a color commentator for Smackdown. I hope they don't bring back Otunga for commentary, he was terrible. Lawler did a good job on Raw last week and I wouldn't mind him coming back for the time being.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:27 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKewl View Post
JBL will be definitely be missed as he has been one of the best color commentators since the 2000s
That kind statement kind of shocked me until I realized there really isn't a lot of good commentators since then.

If he's indeed leaving to help people in need then I applaud him and hats off time.

That said it still doesn't take away that he was a pretty average commentator and sometimes bad. I still can't get over how much he buried Sting at WM31 but other than that his emotional outbursts comes off a phony.

Great that he's going to help others but I am also glad to see less of him.

In the end that's a win-win
Old 09-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Good riddance.

When there are some good commentators like Corey Graves, Tom Phillips, Mauro Ranallo and sometimes even Michael Cole, you don't need someone like JBL. Not to forget that I will never forgive him for whatever happened with Mauro. It's good if he's gonna help people and I applaud that. But I won't miss him at commentary.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:46 AM
the root of all evil
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...sikkbones is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Midget View Post
Not much to say about JBL other than he won't be missed. Who replaces JBL? Logic would dictate that the person would be a larger than life personality to compliment Saxton's straight man.

Lawler will likely fill the spot temporarily. What about Nigel McGuinness? He's only been in NXT for a hot minute, but he's an interesting choice.

They might put Otunga on Raw and send Booker T to SDL. I really hope the end result of this is not Otunga back on commentary. Would filling the heel role on commentary be viable use for David? He might become tolerable at best, insufferable at worst.

They could also look outside of WWE. Who would want to enter the world of WWE broadcasting?
Steve corino is currently under contract and would be a great choice as a replacement.
It would be a good way to introduce him to the wider wwe audience too.

the Five Moves of doom?
Old 09-02-2017, 07:09 AM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I will miss him on commentary mostly because just like lawler before him, he was entertaining as a color commentator and he felt like he was having fun again since he left raw.

Has far as who should replace him, why not bring back lawler. He already under contract anyway and I think he would have good chemistry with phillips and saxton.

I'm sad to see JBL go but let's hope that whoever they put as his replacement, will be able to fill his boots and won't be a generic color commentator like they have on raw and nxt.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:09 AM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

A small shame. I felt that since he toned the obnoxiousness down, he's been pretty good. Nonetheless, a departure I'm not particularly disappointed in.

My first idea for a replacement is Daniel Bryan. He'd be short term, as he's likely to leave in about a year, but he's a proven commentator with personality to boot.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel