WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-29-2017, 01:45 PM
Wrestling analyst Diva expert

1truefan is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to 1truefan
Default The Booking of Sasha Banks

I will get straight to it I am truly saddened by the booking of Sasha Banks. Her fourth title reign lasted only 7 days and since her main roster debut none of her title reigns have lasted 30 days. Has management cooled on her or does she have some backstage heat? What are they doing with her? Is she being moved out the way for a soon to debut Asuka? What are your thoughts? I am ready to for the debut of Asuka, however I feel that Sasha deserves better than what she has been given IMO.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

I predicted she would win last night and then have a feud with Nia Jax and lose the title to her eventually. Yeah Sasha's reigns have been criminally short. At least when she was feuding with Charlotte, they were trading the title back and forth to make it a good rivalry. It looks like Bliss and Jax will be feuding now for some reason and I don't know what Sasha will do now? Feud with Emma?? Isn't Paige supposed to be coming back? What about Summer Rae? Those are all possible feuds for Sasha I guess...
Old 08-29-2017, 04:02 PM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

2016 was a disaster for her in terms of booking. She was the most over woman in the roster but was forced to lose all but one PPV match. Sasha would win on TV but lose in PPV making here look more like a pretender than a legit superstar.

What's worse is that it all amounted to nothing. Charlotte would lose in a B-PPV (only so she wouldn't overshadow Cena's title reign) and it made Sasha losing all those PPV's to Sasha even worse since it made Charlotte's entire streak meaningless.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:23 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

I struggle to understand last night's result. Maybe she's hurt or they found another project for her. Maybe they are moving Asuka to Raw and want to keep the two separated. Maybe they feel like it is easy to burn out on her easily as champ so they save her pushes and big moments for the bigger events. I don't know. Maybe they are creating a narrative that she has to overcome her inability to keep a title. It's hard to say. I guess she was never meant to have the SS spot but if that was the case why have her win? She could have handled the loss at SS.

It just feels like something happened in the past week that made this change necessary. Again though, who knows?
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 08-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the Warzone.

Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...Wildcat66 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Here's my analysis: This doesn't appear like a burial or a sign of management cooling on her. At least, not if yesterday's match has anything to say about it.

If anything, it might be leading to something bigger like a triple threat at No Mercy. Sasha likely wins the title back there and that leaves Alexa and Nia free to fight for as long as they like.

As for Asuka, i'm feeling a lot more confident about her than I was before; it's been rumored that their going to keep the streak she started in NXT on WWE, maybe even until WrestleMania if Vince can stay patience enough. We will see though.

#WildcatWayz
Cat of Controversy, Writer of Wrestling
Old 08-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Roman Reigns the real 1-2-3 Kid

StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...StaRRStruck is looking to come up from OCW...

I just don't get it, this should've been the reign where she atleast gets a defence or two in. Even if it was two months it would be more of success than the previous reigns, difference is like someone said above atleast she was trading the title in a continuous feud with Charlotte.

In this case, it seems like their moving on to Nia & Alexa. What a fucking shame, it's like their killing peoples chances of even wanting to invest in Sasha. The ONLY possible good thing that could come out of this is Sasha heading to SDL in the rumoured Shakeup, as after last night I have no interest on seeing her on RAW anymore.

Wish they would've given Sasha a chance, seems like the company sees her more of a stepping stone rather than one of the faces of the division as her and WWE both "claim".
Old 08-29-2017, 05:00 PM

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...

Wait, during her first 3 title reigns did she defend the title on house shows? thehistoryofwwe.com doesn't have results from 2016. I know someone is going to say those don't count.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:00 PM

I can only hope she heads to smackdown if they pull the trigger on the shake-up. But I do not want to see her in an immediate feud with charlotte... I know they compliment eachother in the ring but there is an opportunity for her to have some fresh pairings, not ones we've seen throughout all 2016.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:04 PM

WWE rarely counts wins/losses for house shows. Yes I do believe she defended at live events but unless your AJ Styles and KO they are rarely acknowledged. Even with her title defenses she has never reached a full 30 days as champ consecutively.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:31 PM
ROH Pure Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The problem is that WWe always saw her as the other one. By that i mean, she popular enough to be on top but she only there to help the main heel in the division look good. If you look at her feud with charlotte last year, it was the same booking, she was there to make the top heel look good and this year replace charlotte with Alexa and that exactly the same scenario. i feel like on Raw, it all revolve around the top heel as far as the women's division is concern. Whoever is in that position will get lenghty title reigns and will have more focus while the babyfaces are just there to make the heels look good.

Sasha is a good hand and one of babyface in the division and in their mind, they can use that to help the heel look like a million bucks so i don'T see her having long title reigns anytime soon unless they finally pull the trigger on the rumored heel turn they wanted to do since the beginning of the year.