WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News
Loading...


Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-18-2017, 08:30 PM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default Welcome Back, Jim Cornette!

Quote:
As noted, Jim Cornette made his return to GFW during last night’s Destination X special, and is present at tonight’s Impact tapings, which will air on August 24th and the 31st.

We also reported earlier today, via Les Thatcher on Wrestling Weekly, that Cornette has not signed a contract with GFW, so his longterm status with the company is unknown.

Cornette clarified his status with GFW on his podcast today, and confirmed he has no deal with the company despite his return last night. Cornette added he is not a member of the GFW roster, and that he had been contacted directly by Anthem to work for them. Cornette noted he has yet to sign anything with the exception of clearances for his likeness to be used on TV.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8748...orce-wrestling

--

Frankly, this is perfect. I'm so burned out on authority figures, so not only is it great to have Cornette back—arguably the best authority figure in company history—but only on a part-time basis so the TV show "GM" isn't eating up valuable TV time every god damned week. Especially feuding with one another.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2017, 08:36 PM
klunderbunker's Avatar
klunderbunker klunderbunker is offline
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Posts: 17,759
klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...
Default

Above all else, he's better then Prichard. Bruce just did not work as a top boss as he didn't have any impressive level of charisma or star power to make it work. Cornette is a much bigger name and a far better on screen presence/talker. This is a big upgrade and one that I'm very glad to see, especially if Cornette is just there as a trouble shooter and not the standard boss.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
in fact
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
better than you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2017, 09:18 PM
It's Damn Real!'s Avatar
It's Damn Real! It's Damn Real! is offline
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Age: 33
Posts: 4,931
It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default

Yup. Him being a face is critical, too. It allows for the heels on the roster to do their job so much better not having to play second fiddle to the "big bad" boss.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Kamala316 Kamala316 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 160
Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default

The only reason Bruce Prichard came back was to self-promote (his titantron was a "something to wrestle with" billboard, and he always wore the 'something to wrestle with' t-shirt on-screen). I hope he stays backstage with his "boy" Jeff Jarrett.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Lowdown's Avatar
Lowdown Lowdown is offline
Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!
WWF Hardcore Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,098
Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...Lowdown scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Also, I think this will keep Karen Jarrett off of TV for a little bit. If anything keep any segments with Karen centered around her issues with Sienna. But I like Cornette in this capacity. He above all else knows that the focus shouldn't be on him for long promos.
__________________
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-19-2017, 05:35 AM
d_henderson1810 d_henderson1810 is offline
Registered User
ROH Pure Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,596
d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default

So, Cornette is working for the one company who hasn't fired him yet.

Just wait until he gets fired by them. He will then go on podcasts, and make statements where he blames everyone else but himself for his firing, and then hate on the company, like he did with WCW, WWE, and TNA in his original run there.

Cornette can be a bitter troll when he doesn't get his own way, and has an elevated sense of his own importance.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-19-2017, 06:07 AM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,291
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Cornette is working with them on a handshake deal right now so I doubt he will be a permanent fixture wthin gfw after those tapings. I'm just happy to see him back because he always been a great performer in and off camera and the young guys backstage can learn alot about wrestling and how to cut promos just by talking to him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-19-2017, 07:14 AM
Jack-Hammer's Avatar
Jack-Hammer Jack-Hammer is offline
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kentucky
Age: 37
Posts: 12,497
Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_henderson1810 View Post
So, Cornette is working for the one company who hasn't fired him yet.

Just wait until he gets fired by them. He will then go on podcasts, and make statements where he blames everyone else but himself for his firing, and then hate on the company, like he did with WCW, WWE, and TNA in his original run there.

Cornette can be a bitter troll when he doesn't get his own way, and has an elevated sense of his own importance.
Yeah, Cornette has spent the last several years tarnishing his own reputation. He's been coming off as a bitter, hateful troll towards just about anyone who doesn't wrestle the way he thinks they should wrestle, anyone he feels has ever done him wrong or anyone who points out that you can't run a wrestling company in the modern world like it's still 1985.

While I admire his passion, sometimes it's so over the top and unreasonable that he's almost a parody of himself.
__________________
"What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."


Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2017, 03:26 PM
wrestlingmasters55's Avatar
wrestlingmasters55 wrestlingmasters55 is offline
Registered User
Million Dollar Champion
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal,canada
Posts: 1,291
wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
Yeah, Cornette has spent the last several years tarnishing his own reputation. He's been coming off as a bitter, hateful troll towards just about anyone who doesn't wrestle the way he thinks they should wrestle, anyone he feels has ever done him wrong or anyone who points out that you can't run a wrestling company in the modern world like it's still 1985.

While I admire his passion, sometimes it's so over the top and unreasonable that he's almost a parody of himself.
I kinda disagree with you guys on this, personally i think Cornette is doing what Cornette does best and that's being Jim Cornette. The fact that some fans don't agree on his point doesn't makes it wrong. When i listen to his podcast and he talks about current wrestling vs the old days, i get his point. The fact is, yes you can't run a wrestling promotion the way you would in the 70's or 80's, Fans are too smart for that. But their also the fact that the current generations of indy wrestlers, could learn a think or two from veteran like cornette and other from the old days that made a lot more money doing their thing back in the day then what even the most popular guy on the indy scene does in the day. The fact that the current indy wrestlers are more preoccupied by doing a millions spots to get themselves over instead of telling a story during their matches that doesn't help. That's why a lot of the current indy guys have short careers, The best exemple being Daniel bryan who had to retire at 34 because of all the bumps he took during his indy wrestling days.

Cornette might be a loud mouth and opinionated but that'S always being is character in and out of the ring. The fact of the matter is that he's not scared to say what on his mind which sometimes gets him in trouble with current wrestling fans that just read a out of context except of what he said on a wrestling website and hates him for it. When he like sometimes about current wrestling he will say that he liked it, and will do the same thing when he hates something. That what i loved about it because i learn so much about wrestling based on his opinion and stories
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Rainbow Yaz's Avatar
Rainbow Yaz Rainbow Yaz is offline
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
ECW TV Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Age: 27
Posts: 2,365
Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
I kinda disagree with you guys on this, personally i think Cornette is doing what Cornette does best and that's being Jim Cornette. The fact that some fans don't agree on his point doesn't makes it wrong. When i listen to his podcast and he talks about current wrestling vs the old days, i get his point. The fact is, yes you can't run a wrestling promotion the way you would in the 70's or 80's, Fans are too smart for that. But their also the fact that the current generations of indy wrestlers, could learn a think or two from veteran like cornette and other from the old days that made a lot more money doing their thing back in the day then what even the most popular guy on the indy scene does in the day. The fact that the current indy wrestlers are more preoccupied by doing a millions spots to get themselves over instead of telling a story during their matches that doesn't help. That's why a lot of the current indy guys have short careers, The best exemple being Daniel bryan who had to retire at 34 because of all the bumps he took during his indy wrestling days.

Cornette might be a loud mouth and opinionated but that'S always being is character in and out of the ring. The fact of the matter is that he's not scared to say what on his mind which sometimes gets him in trouble with current wrestling fans that just read a out of context except of what he said on a wrestling website and hates him for it. When he like sometimes about current wrestling he will say that he liked it, and will do the same thing when he hates something. That what i loved about it because i learn so much about wrestling based on his opinion and stories
I'm not saying that Cornette is wrong, because ultimately those are just his opinions and unless your opinion is something like, black people should go back to being slaves, then your opinion can't be wrong.

I just think that Cornette embodies a certain viewpoint that some fans have, and it's that old wrestling was better. I'm not here to argue that the 70s and 80s were inferior to what we see today, but the fact that can't be denied is that wrestlers today are far more athletic than they used to be, and are capable of so much more in the ring. The fans attitude has also changed as well. Hulk Hogan's in ring style was damn near perfect for the time, but no one is going to argue that Hogan was a great in ring technician. The man himself admits he basically had three punches and a leg drop. Fans of the era ate it up though. If you were to try to get a guy over with that same style in today's product, it wouldn't work. Times have changed and while some people still care about a good story and good psychology, most people just want to see high spots and flips. Neither side is wrong, but I disagree with Cornette's notion that newer guys are making a mockery of the business. It's wrestling, it's not a serious matter in the first place.

I think he also knows that his statements keep him in the public eye, so he plays it up. Sure, he might hate Joey Ryan, but the rants he goes on regarding Ryan and his superhuman penis are, in my opinion at least, just him playing his character to stay relevant in a changing industry.
__________________
WZCW: Join Today
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"
Contact Us - Clear Cookies - Lost Password - WrestleZone Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Top - AdChoices